“Wonderful Wonderful Weekend!”

Ranked #61 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Rockport, Indiana, United States
“Wonderful Wonderful Weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

This was a really nice hotel! We stayed there with 25 others in our group. The room was clean & the beds were comfortable. The couch was a nice bonus! There was a door to shut the snorer in her own room! The fridge & microwave were appreciated. Only addition I would have appreciated would have been a hot tub. The pool was nice, but a little cold for me! The breakfast was good too!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BeckyH55
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself while here. We do need a Hot Tub, don't we? I'll put in a hint to the manager. Looking forward to your group coming back to stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ottawa, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn with two business associates. We booked a suite with the sleeper sofa so that we could share a room. The hotel is relatively clean, but housekeeping does not vacuum the rooms daily. The Hide-a-bed was a typical fold out, with worn springs and not a lot of comfort. As mentioned previously, the rooms are not furnished with sheets, pillows or blankets for the fold out couch. I called down to the desk and requested these amenities, and a mere 35 minutes later was provided with two top sheets and a blanket. Fortunately, there are three pillows on each bed, so my fellow occupants provided me with a pillow.
There is a complimentary breakfast which includes sausage patties, egg hockey pucks, biscuits and gravy, waffles, rolls, bagels, pastries, apples and oranges. There is cold cereal and instant oatmeal also. The food is good, but it would have been nice to have some yogurt available rather than an all-carb selection.
There is a shuttle that will take you to either the airport or to the Expo. The shuttle was clean and punctual. There are two computers in the lobby as well as an ATM. The night staff could use some lessons in service, but the day staff was attentive.
There are three floors which are accessed by a single elevator. The elevator opens up on the upper floors into a small atrium and then into the hallway. If you are pushing a luggage cart, there will be a bit of acrobatic maneuvers to contend with the cart, elevator passengers and the extra set of glass doors to get to the hallway.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cargotraveler
Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. It is certainly appreciated. Being so close the Airport is a plus for sure. I do appologize though, that we were anything less than what you expected. Be assured your response is taken very seriously. It lets us know what we can improve, and what we are doing right.
florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

My family and I were attending an event in the expo center. Location was awesome but that was about it. We came in late and the man at the front desk not only did not greet me, I don't believe he looked up at me once.
There were no linens for the pull out in the room. Corners were dirty, peeling wallpaper in the bathroom and the sliding closest door was cracked and broken and scotch taped back together.
We went to breakfast at 8:00am and there were only two hard as rock bagels and some stale cereal containers. There was a jar for tips (for a Harley) but not one item in the cooler that usually contains yogurts or milk.
We stayed for two days. When we came back to our room the first day from our event, towels had been exchanged but the beds were not made and the room was not touched. The second day the breakfast improved slightly but was extremely disappointing. I had only a packet of oatmeal and the "hot water" over near the coffee decanters was room temperature, probably from the day before.
I travel a lot and I am not one to complain too often but this was not a nice hotel and the only people who care are the ones who read this review and choose a different place.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank lisamotley
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for staying at Comfort Inn and Suites. I do appologize that you found our front desk clerks uncaring. We certainly do care about your comfort at the hotel. When in the future, that you stay with us again, if you have any problems, please report to front desk. We are here to make your stay enjoyable and free from stress.
Thank you for taking the time for responding on Trip Advisor. It lets us know where we need improvement.
Saint Cloud, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

My stay was ok. $109.00 a night was a little high. The only negatives are no where to eat within walking distance but a bowling alley or the Crowne Plaza and the young man that works 3rd shift. Bad attitude, and not friendly at all.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room or you can hear people walking around above you.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Thomas E
Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. I do appologize your stay was less than enjoyable. I too wish someone would put a restauraunt close to the hotel.
I'm sorry you were not treated with the respect you deserved.
I do look forward to accommodating you on your next stay here in Louisville.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

Everything was fine until I saw a cockroach. They have free WiFi, plenty of take out, a heated pool, and very comfortable beds. They also provide hair dryers in every room, which would be great if they didn't shoot injured cockroaches from their fans! That's right. I turned on my hair dryer expecting to quickly prepare for a night on the town, and was hit in the forehead with a cockroach instead!

There was only one front desk employee working, and no manager available. In addition, the folks at Comfort Inn national customer service said that they could not approve a refund and I would have to wait until the next day to have the refund approved.

Don't stay here unless you don't mind cockroaches!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank MarketingDrifter
Hazard, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

Yeah, 2, Antique TV's that have a little wire with a small plug on the end that must be placed on the top of the TV to use the remotes. Even then, you must get very very close to it for the remotes to work and that won't even let the volume button work! Not explained at all when we checked in on 12/8/12 or even 12/13/12. Even worse, when we were eating @ the breakfast buffet @ around 9:20 am ( stays open till 9:30 ) or at least that was the posted closing time, the attendant unplugged the toaster with the bagel I had placed in, in order to rudely plug in her vacuum and ran the loud vacuum near us while we were trying to finish up eating. Never did get to toast the bagel. Also, around 9:10 am, previously, we reported that the orange juice dispenser was putting out water only, she said ok and then never did anything about it. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and have stayed in everything from the Super 8 and worst.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RapidR
Frankfort, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

This is a place that I would HIGHLY recommend. First of all let me start by stating that I made a HUGE MISTAKE by going thru HOTELS.COM (NEVER USE THESE PEOPLE) and when I went to check in I didn't get what I thought I was paying for. I was told by the front desk that a room has been requested with a jacuzzi, but I didn't get that room, I got just a standard room with a king size bed and that there was nothing that they could do for me since I didn't go thru them to make the reservations. James was working behind the desk and he was very helpful and apologetic about the situation and he would help me whatever way he could. He did exactly that, we got the standard room for the night and then they worked with up the next day to get everything worked out. Needless to say we didn't get our jacuzzi suite like we wanted, but we still enjoyed the stay and getting to know James and Donna (the manager) and they both were very helpful and very friendly.

The room was clean and very spacious.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple