“Don't understand bad reviews”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo
Ranked #57 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
Port Orange, Florida
“Don't understand bad reviews”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I don't understand all the bad reviews. Stayed here June 22 on way to Chicago area. Found suite to be comfortable and clean and at a very good price. Maybe I got the one room in all of the hotel that was not worn and or dirty, but I don't think so. Would stay again

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank robertru44
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you for staying at Comfort Inn and Suites. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience on Trip Advisor. It's always good to hear we are doing a good job. Look forward to you coming back through town soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My friend booked this hotel, we just needed a one night stay close to the Expo. First, do not believe any excellent reviews, they must have been referring to the other Comfort Inn in Louisville which is probably very nice. Based on the pictures of bedbugs here, we checked thoroughly in our room. No sign of them, just stains and cigarette burns. This is nonsmoking, but onlyin the past fewyears..it did not smell like smoke just evidence of burn holes on covers. The sofabed is really uninhabitable, I asked for extra blankets to help the girls get rest before a big day of competition, the bed was broken somehow and they were troopers...our option was to leave our friends here and stay at Springhill Suites acoss the way, (much nicer and a bit cheaper!) but we really did not want to leave our friends here alone.
Signs posted park atyour own risk, saw more than a few miscreants around the hotel that made me fear for the safety of our car..the owner, very nice, was missing in action atleast three times...he was the only one working! He also doubled as the shuttle driver, so when he would take the oundtrip to the airport no one was there to check guests in...I was able to hear the complaints of those waiting...A/C not working, no linens for sofabed, toilet stopped up. When we checked in our toilet would not flush, I went to the front desk, the owner had to retrieve his solitary plunger from another guest and expected me to plunge it and said I needed to return it quickly.
My friend noticed a workout room and knew I loved to workout, hoping o find something redeeming. The one treadmill was over 20 years old, buttons did not work...really? The weight machine's cables were broken. I told the owner about the broken units, he just smiled and said, "everything is regularly maintained." This hotel should be looked into by the state hotel licensing board...to leave a hotel unattended with no workers while he drives o the airport should beillegal. Do not stay here. Oh, and each time I saw him fulfill a request for blankets he was apparently running to unoccupied rooms to get them..only two cars in parking lot when we pulled up at 6 pm...all other hotels had full parking lots...save your money and sleep well elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
I want to sincerly appologize for your bad experience. The problems have been addressed. I do hope the next time you come back through town you will give us another chance.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. It will keep us on our toes. Thanks again.

Travellers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The check in person was pleasant but this place had a run-down look and feel. Our beds were comfortable but the carpet and furniture were worn and dingy. We couldn't find any way to shower in the accessible bathroom without flooding the whole room. The breakfast was scanty with the coffee pot empty by 8:00 am. We expect better from a hotel in this chain.

Room Tip: Avoid the handicap accessible one if at all possible.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for responding on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback. I truly appologize your stay was less than perfect. I do hope you will be coming back through town soon and give us another chance to make your next stay a comfortable one.
Humble, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for a bowling tournament. Third year to stay there and I have watched the place go downhill. The Comfort Inn corp should step in soon or this hotel will be shutting its doors. The ceilings were stained, the toilet rocked when you sat on it and the breakfast selections were awful. No large plates the first day. Bagels were stale. Just awful. Did I mention the stains on the bedspread? We will NOT be back
Sorry to see its demise.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank patgal48
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you for being a repeat guest at Comfort Inn and Suites. I truly appologize for your unpleasant stay. Be assured your comments are taken seriously. I would sure be dissappointed to lose you as a returning bowling guest.
Reviewed 1 June 2013

This hotel has really seen its better days! The rooms are not clean and the decor is very outdated! The carpet was nasty! The bed spread was dirty. The hallway was so HOT!! They had the thermostat set at 85! So when you walked out of your room you felt like you were entering a sauna! The breakfast was gross! Very disappointing for a comfort inn. The positive was that the night guy was very friendly when checking in and very helpful.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Tynoahabby
Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. I appreciate the kind words concerning our Front Desk Clerk. Though I do regret your stay was not enjoyable. Please know we take these matters in consideration and pass them onto management to be taken care of. Again thank you for taking the time to let us know where we need help.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Our team stayed at this hotel for the JVA World Challenge. King size beds with a couch pull-out for the other bed. . .condom wrappers under the bed, no bedding for the pull-out and urine on the toilet. Rooms not clean in any way. There is is no need for such sloppy housekeeping. . .will recommend to JVA not to use this hotel in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle T
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. I sincerely appologize for your unhappy experience.
Please know that your response matters. We greatly appreciate you letting us know how your stay was. I do wish it were a more pleasant one. Again, I appologize, and thank you for your input.