“Steer clear of this hotel!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo
Ranked #57 of 99 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We often stay @Choice Hotels for our trips. So was shocked on our 3day/2nite trip 04/11/14-04/13/14 to find it a BIG MISTAKE this trip! DO NOT EVEN THINK OF STAYING HERE, if you want a clean room or a well-maintained room! Our room had not been cleaned from the previous guests or any other stays prior to that if you want to count the filthy carpeting & numerous other problems. And by the way, in the king suite/Room 127, the whirlpool in tub.....the only tub for use for regular showers/bathroom purposes is located right beside the king bed w/no privacy w/in the bedroom side of the suite. Then you have to go out of the bedroom area to the front part to use the toilet that is stuck in a closet sized room that has water soaked ceiling (a 1st floor room). In the past a whirlpool might be located separately in the room where the bed is (such as for a honeymoon suite), but then would always have a full regular bathroom in addition to that. Not here!

No privacy curtains on this 1st floor window either. The curtains that were there were torn & we had to rig it to fix so no one could see in! The room had previously at some point been the location of a party w/remnants of the decorations still all over the suite & on the walls/ceilings of the walls that are poorly patched from large holes. The paint was a bright yellow on 3 walls & the 4thwall was a bright red. Color choices were the least of this hotels problems! Both TV's would take forever to show a channel's program, or it would say weak or no signal. The bathtub tile surround looks like it is beginning mold in the grouting spaces also. The small ventilation fan, that they had rigged up to vent no doubt the steam from the shower out of the bedroom area, needed cleaned as well. The furniture & lamps were out of place when we arrived as well. The internet didn't want to connect either. The only good thing was it had a decent mattress/pillows, I'll give 'em that.

Cleanliness & having the guests feel it would be safe to allow the staff into that room while they go off premises for the day was a huge concern for us. We will never stay nor recommend this particular Comfort Inn again. And we spoke w/several of the guests there this wkend that will not either. Where's Louisville's Health Department for Hotel regulations?! Health Departments make restaurants meet standards....who holds hotel rooms accountable to the same standards? No one here that we could see! Dropping $275.00 for 2 nights is a bitter pill to swallow for this "quality".....leaving a real nasty taste for future choice hotels anywhere, to tell the truth!

On the hotel's site, there's multiple bad reviews as well. But today, it just didn't want to let me submit my honest review on the site for some reason! I hope to save you the disappointments we experienced though!

Room Tip: We've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn & the Hampton Inn near this same location & they a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank OHisHome
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Ms Nedra B. Let me first apologize for your bad experience at Comfort Inn and Suites.
I assure you this matter has been brought to the attention of the general manager and housekeepers.
I am sorry the set up of our Jacuzzi suites are not to your liking. I guess the toilet may seem it is in a closet. I regret you left a very unhappy guest.
Please allow us another opportunity to make you leave here a happy and satisfied guest. If there is anything you are not happy with, please do not hesitate to let the front desk know. We will be happy to change rooms. I hate that you spent two days in this room and were not happy. Again, thank you for your response.

Donna Ferguson Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip in November 2013. I arrived at the hotel in a winter storm! Fortunately, the hotel had good heaters, and not once did I get cold!

Pros: Convenient airport location, large suite-style rooms with separate living room and bedroom areas, clean, good HVAC, friendly staff, complimentary breakfast, clean indoor pool, and more!

Cons: The workout room wasn't very clean, nor did the TV work.

I would have no problem staying here again in the future!

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in a room on the upper floor to prevent car headlights from shining in you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you found our hotel was clean and the employees friendly.
It is always great to hear from satisfied guests. It lets us know we are doing a good job.
We do look forward to your next trip to Louisville.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I travel often and don't usually write reviews, but I'm highly disappointed in the service of this hotel and thought others should know. I often travel to Louisville and this time my fiancé and I had plans to clean out and pack up a store in Oxmoor Mall on New Year's Eve night. We brought along our four year old and his grandparents. We chose Comfort Inn and Suites because it had a pool. We thought this would be perfect for our son and his grandparents to keep them busy while we worked through the night. At check-in everything looked great! The hotel seemed nice and plenty of room for the five of us. While the others went to the car to get more bags, my son and I decided to check out the pool. He was extremely excited to see it, but was soon disappointed when we saw a Closed sign on the pool door. I went to the front desk to see what the problem was and the lady behind the counter said there was a problem with the chemicals being too high and that no one could swim in it. She had planned to check it every few hours and would call our room when it was okay to swim. There were plenty of other hotels in Louisville that had pools and that was the only reason we wanted to stay there. I asked if we could be switched to the other Comfort Suites in Louisville that also had a pool? She told me No because they were individually owned. I then asked if we could get our money back? She again told me No because we had already checked in. We had only been there twenty minutes and were not told the pool was closed or we would have never checked in! I guess that is why they charge your card immediately at check-in. I understand that a hotel cannot control all problems that occur. But when things with a hotel that are advertised are not available the hotel should work with their guest to better suit them. I cannot believe Comfort Suites would not give our money back when we found out their pool was not working. This was the ONLY reason we chose this hotel for our child and family to enjoy. We will not ever be going back to this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lauren M
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Hello. Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. As I am truly sorry for the pool being closed and causing a child to be disappointed. It is not safe to be in the pool if the chemicals are not right. This is the only time we have to close the pool, for the guests safety. I truly apologize for the inconvenience. Please allow us another chance to accommodate you and your family.
Again, thank you for responding on Trip Advisor, letting us know our short comings.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Yikes! We checked in today and would move hotels if we had time. First impression was one person working the front desk and a long line. People were saying they did not have towels or pillows. The carpets are filthy and actually feel dirty beneath bare feet. There is an exposed outlet in our room, a hole in the ceiling and dust everywhere. The bedspreads looked so dirty that we were afraid to use them. I am dreading the free breakfast tomorrow. Maybe a good deal for $40 but for $169 no way. Hoping not to have to spend much time in the room at all.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank WillowD227
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you so much for responding on Trip Advisor. I do want to apologize for your unpleasant stay. Cleanliness should never be overlooked, and I'm sorry you found our hotel less than what you should expect. Please accept my sincere apology. I do hope we can accommodate you in the future, and you will be able to go out with a better opinion of Comfort Inn and Suites.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I will keep this short. It is an OK hotel to stay at if you are going to the park or for something at the expo center. It needs some upgrades done to it, shower was really weak pressure and breakfast was lets say didn't look edible. I would try a different hotel when I come back in the area. I am a diamond elite member and was not even recognized for it. That I can overlook but at least you could smile at your guest when checking them in or out. We like to know you want you to stay there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan G
Donna F, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. I do want to aplogize for the unsatisfactory stay. I am truly sorry you were not greeted with a smile, either coming or going. Our front desk clerks are usually very friendly to all the guests.
Please accept my sincere apology. We would love to accommodate you again. Please be assured these matters are taken seriously. Again thank you for taking time to let us know where we need work.

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

This was for an overnight stay before flying out the next morning. We did leave our vehicle while we were gone and the 10.00 one time flat fee was great. The shuttle was nice for getting us to the AP for our flight and picking us up on our return. Desk people were very nice. We didn't use the breakfast service other than for coffee. There was a smell in the halls that smelled like an exterminator had recently been there. Our king room was clean, the sofa was well worn and no extra blanket. The bathroom was clean but the toilet was a rocking one. It leaked water around the seal on the floor. We wrapped a towel around it and it was pretty wet the next morning. Overall for a quick overnight stay it suited our needs, but I wouldn't stay there again if the Hampton Inn was available.

• Stayed: October 2013
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. As I do appreciate the kind words, I do regret this was not a totally enjoyable stay. Again thank you for your response. It will keep us on our toes.
I do hope we may be able to accommodate you in the near future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We have a Comfort Inn in our town that I book customers into and it is a very nice hotel. When I booked my group into this one at the Expo center I was shocked at how unkept the room was. Needing a facelift is an understatement. The wall paper in the bathroom was literally falling off the wall. The carpet was so stained with spots that I put towels down to walk on the carpet. There were black mold spots around the air conditioners in some of our rooms. The stains on the comforter was noticeable. The bent lamp that rocked back in forth on the desk after you turned it on was my favorite. We went to the front desk and complained and since it was a Sunday night I needed to wait till the Front desk manager was there on Monday. On Monday when I complained she stated that they were unaware of these rooms and I showed her pictures that I took of the problems. They did offer to switch rooms, but I was afraid I would get something with mold in since I did not have any. If they needed to run to the airport for the shuttle the front desk person put up a sign and said we will be back. So when you check in on Sunday afternoon like I did - we had to wait till he got back from his run - 20 minutes. The next clerk left up the sign while she was in the back texting on her phone. I asked for the owners name and they told me he would call me. I have not heard anything. I also called the complaint department for Choice Hotels and they said the GM would respond with in 24 hours. I got a form email from here. I am waiting to hear if anything is resolved.

Room Tip: I like rooms in the middle of the hallway less traffic noise from the elevators and generally the ex...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank TheTexasQueen
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Please accept my sincere appology for you unpleasant stay. Be assured the problems you encountered have been sent to the manager. I do hope you give us another opportunity to accommodate you in the future.