I spent 2 nights at the Galt House for a business meeting last weekend. Overall, I felt like the place was stuck in the 80s or early 90s and desperately needed an update. Maybe my expectations were too high to begin with, but I felt like it should have been nicer from what other people had told me.
I shared a room with 2 queen size beds with a colleague in the Rivue Tower on the 14th floor. We had a great view of the river to the west, and the room was huge - probably could have fit another queen size bed in it. The room itself could use some updating: CRT tv, rough sheets, and grimy bedspreads. Even with the windows 'sealed for our safety,' we could hear the traffic on I-64 below us all night. The room was clean, there was plenty of hot water, and the water pressure was good, so overall it was fine for me. I just would have been very disappointed if I'd paid for it myself.
I had lunch and the breakfast buffet at the Magnolia Cafe. The glasses never seemed to be very clean, and the waitstaff wasn't the most professional. The food was ok. Again, it just felt like an old rundown restaurant that really needing some updating.
I had a drink in the Jockey Silks bar with some friends. The atmosphere was fine, but the area reeked of fried food and cigarette smoke.
It sounded like the suites were huge, so if you need to maximize the number of people per room, this might be the best place downtown. Otherwise, I'll probably be staying in one of the Hilton properties in town the next time I'm up there and have a choice of where to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galt House Hotel, the Heart of Louisville, boasts 1,290 guest rooms and suites, 128,000 square-feet of convention space and more than 50 meeting rooms. Galt House Hotel features six full-service restaurants and lounges, including RIVUE, a 25th floor revolving restaurant with amazing cuisine, as well as the Rooftop Garden and Terrace, Club 360° Fitness Center and the three-story Conservatory that connects the two towers over 4th Street. It is connected to the KFC Yum! Center and the Kentucky International Convention Center, and within walking distance of Fourth Street Live! entertainment district, the Muhammad Ali Center, Kentucky Science Center, Kentucky Center for the Arts, Louisville Slugger Factory and Museum and Frazier History Museum. It is also within walking distance of unique shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Galt House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galt House Hotel Louisville
- Galt Hotel Louisville
- Galt House Hotel And Suites
- The Galt House Hotel
- Galt House Louisville Ky