“Mixed Feelings”

Ranked #27 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Evansville, Indiana, United States
“Mixed Feelings”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Loved the hotel itself, had a few issues over the 4 days I was there that just sort of wore away the fun. If your fortunate enough to get a walk-in shower, I hope your back doesn't hurt because there is NO where besides the floor of the shower to set anything, the small soap dispenser wouldn't even accommodate my razor. The convention halls were freezing, and it's possible it was by design, but there was not one day I didn't freeze, by the last day I looked ridiculous because I was walking around with my outside coat on, but I wasn't the only one dressed like that either. And I opted for a room with a refrigerator...the microwaves are literally 20feet off the lobby so everyone gets to watch you heat up your food, talk about awkward. But the tv's do have HDMI hooks ups so I was able to watch stuff off my tablet on the big tv's in the evenings which was nice. I would stay here again if the convention was in this hotel but I would definelty bring warm sweaters and maybe some leggings.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Marta H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (947)
ky.
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The hotel is huge,but the room was no bigger than other places.The bed was super comfortable.The room was clean.No free breakfast,but the rate in the hotel for breakfast was reasonable.we were attending a game at the Yum Center,which was right next door,which was nice.There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I always request a view of the river and I'm never disappointed by the reservation. Although nearby traffic noise during peak times can be bothersome, the boats, lights and general ambience of the riverview overrules that. The rooms are topnotch for comfort and style and cleanliness is not a concern. The Skywalk connection provides easy access to the major meeting spots downtown and I feel completely safe when traveling alone. Try the Rivue restaurant for a unique experience--twin rotating dining rooms give you yet another unique view of the Ohio River. For a less pricing option, the Galt House offers a convenience store-like spot, bars and a café. Parking fees are nominal and easily accessed from the hotel for those traveling by car. Every time I visit Louisville, I stay at the Galt House.

Room Tip: Request the Rivue Tower for a great view. The Suite Tower is exactly that for those needing a sittin...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Collierville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is like two big hotels in one! It took awhile to learn our way around.
Our room was large and comfortable--nice bedding! I felt the staff had done a good job keeping things clean. The street noise became an issue, but was resolved when I turned the A/C unit on. We had a nice walk along the river, breakfast in Magnolia Cafe, dinner at
Jeff Ruby's and all was very good. A fun trip to a great city! I would stay here again.

Room Tip: West side has prettiest view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Let me start with the good. My room had a nice river view, the hotel's downtown location was good, and my room was spacious and nicely furnished. On the flip side, the hotel was huge and impersonal, the front desk staff were arrogant and unhelpful, there was a lot of road noise from a nearby freeway, and the beds were uncomfortable. And don't be fooled by the room rate-- if you want to park your car or use the Internet, there are hefty fees to do either of those.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Monroe, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We had a question about our bill that took 3 months to resolve. We dealt with a dozen different people and kept getting passed from person to person. They wouldn't refund my deposit and I had to finally dispute charges with my bank. Would not return.

Location was convenient, but that is the best thing I can say.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
kildare
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is a tip top hotel, we stayed in the suites and my oh my the size of them is amazing. we had a lovely visit, everything was so comportable within the apartment. we had 2 large bedrooms, full mega sized lounge area. lovely kitchen/dining area. spotless clean. staff very helpful, housekeeping came in every day. full size service room with washing machine dryer. ironing etc.we had our balcony though traffic was very loud when that door was open. fully ac in apartment. we were on the th fllooor i think and the view was lovely. wonderful for entertaining

Room Tip: all suites excellent
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple