“Great location!”

Ranked #28 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Livonia, Michigan
“Great location!”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed on the 22nd floor of the Rivue tower. Used self park with no trouble (easy signs from parking to lobby, no outside walking). Check in was efficient, but not cheerful nor super friendly. When I asked for advice about visiting 4th street live the receptionist at the hotel was very negative about the area. I understand her wanting to encourage visitors to visit local venues, but I thought her attitude towards a tourist draw was very negative. The room was very spacious, additional sink/vanity outside of the bathroom. Bedding was a little less luxurious then I would expect for this level of hotel. The bathtub surround was clean but very cheap looking and the shower did not have the curved bar for the shower curtain. The shower head was a bit economy level. The room had a great view of the city and river. Never heard any noise from the hall, elevator or street. I found the views from the street overwalk enjoyable (but the aquarium bar seemed a little sad, it seemed shallow for all those fish). The birds on the overwalk and main lobby were great. I did not eat at the hotel, but restaurant.com was offering gift certificates for Rivue. Overall this is a very good hotel, it was obviously amazing in it's hayday but it does show a little wear. The location is perfect! The skywalk allows you to get to 4th street in a covered walkway. I give it an excellent for value after booking at discount site. One disappointment I had was my room was not made up before 6 pm, and then only after I called.

Room Tip: I had requested a river view but was told they did not have king size beds with river views, I ended...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (961)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed here for one night while driving for Thanksgiving. It is a big convention style hotel. The staff was great and Bonnie gave us a late check out so our toddler could go to the Holiday Kalightascop! Our room was on the 24th floor and the view was great. The room was a bit dated, but spacious and clean.
The best family-friendly thing going. We were happily surprised about the Galt House Kalightascop!The lights and displays are truly fantastic! Our almost 3 loved Erni the train beginner who let him ride the train twice.The angel in lantern display gave him a hug and I think he fell in love. Best of all there was a short line to meet Santa. This was perfect break from a long road trip!

Room Tip: Self park is $12 and gives you easy room access
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was on the 11th floor, but could still here traffic noise. When the wake up calls start they can be heard for several rooms along the hall in the room you are staying. The room I stayed in had a sink with mirror in the bathroom as well as one in the vanity room. Maybe there was a refrigerator, but we never found one in the room. The room was average. The rest of the hotel is like a huge colonial mansion. Breakfast buffet was very good.
We stayed for the express purpose of viewing Kalightoscope. This is a Christmas display of Chinese lanterns in different themes. This is not your typical lantern. I enjoyed this exhibit very much.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This historic hotel has been updated to modern standards, yet it has retained its old world charm. Great views of the riverfront and the Louisville skyline. Fantastic service and don't forget to enjoy the revolving restaurant on the top floor (Rivue). One entire tower only offers 2-room suites so the y are offered at a good value. I would recommend reserving a 2-room suite from the hotel's private website - I saved $50 from other websites. Consider staying here during the Christmas season when the hotel spares no expense on decorations.

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed November 19 and 20 for business/pleasure. Had a nice room on the 23rd floor. Check it at 3 was easy, fast and efficient. I bought the room on Priceline.com and got a screaming deal (too low to even tell) but check that first as they beat booking.com by a LOT. Anyway, self parking at 10$ per day was easy and close to the lobby. The hotel was all decked out for Christmas with trees everywhere, lots of decor. There are interesting aviaries in the lobby and bar and the main bar on the third floor boasts a bar made of a live fish tank. Very interesting. That particular bar was always busy with people milling about and having a good time. My room had a great view, two ultra comfy queen beds with immaculate white linens. The bath was adequate and clean, nice bath and shampoo accessories. The room itself had newish carpet, nice crown molding a flat TV, desk and chair and was quite large. The closet had an ironing board and the bath a hairdryer and coffee machine. No mini bar. If I had paid $200 I might not be so generous but for the price this was an excellent hotel. Everyone from the front desk, the doormen, the maids, the bartenders were so generous and kind. True Southern Hospitality. If you want to explore downtown Louisville this is a good choice. I give a big thanks to everyone there for making my stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: I asked for water view and was gladly given the room of my choice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jingerrogers
Effingham, Illinois
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We would definitely stay at this location again. Location was superb and central for our purposes. It was beautifully decorated for the holiday season. The staff was all polite, kind and fulfilled our requests in a timely manner. The concierge gave us great ideas and info for night life and restaurants. Only 2 negatives: 1. the wifi signal was so poor in the rivue tower, we could never use it in our room on the 21st floor, and 2. the bed sheets were stiff like paper, and did NOT stay tucked in... not comfy at all!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Naisy88
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We bid on a 3 1/2 star hotel for downtown Louisville on Priceline and won the Galt House for $48 on a Saturday night. We were pleased with the location and price we got it for. It's conveniently located in the heart of downtown and right next to the river. We participated in the Louisville Sports Commission Half Marathon and we couldn't have had a better location for accommodations. The Galt House was about a block a way from the start and finish line so we were able to walk to and from the race.

The hotel is nice. It's a little dated but a lovely hotel nonetheless. We were there on the weekend of November 9-10 and they had just started decorating for Christmas. The room was spacious and clean. We had a king size bed, a small table with 2 chairs, a large window, adequate lighting, and 2 sinks. The heat and water pressure from the shower was great.

However, I have a few complaints.
*Our room was on the 15th floor of the building across the street from the hotel lobby and next to the parking garage. One would think that being so high up would prevent noise from the streets below being heard, but it was very loud. The window did not prevent any noise from the nearby interstates, downtown streets, or bars from being heard. We were kept awake for half the night due to nearby cars and loud music.
*They nickel and dime for everything. They charge $10 for Wi-Fi, $18 for hotel parking in the garage, and refrigerators are available upon request but they'll charge you for that also.
*The air conditioner in our room didn't seem to be working and it made a loud clicking noise. Our room was still hot, but we eventually had to turn it off because it was just another noise keeping us awake.

While it's a great location and nice hotel, it's unfortunate that our sleep quality was so poor. If we hadn't gotten it for such a bargain price then I think I'd be more disappointed.

1 Thank Katie_and_Nick