I cannot say enough good things about my 06/2014 stay at the Galt House. I arrived late at 9pm. I had specifically requested a room away from the highway due to noise. Because of my late arrival, the only rooms left were by the highway. The front desk staff apologized for having no rooms left on the other end but more than made up for it by giving me a free upgrade to a double suite on the 14th floor. The room was massive with separate bedrooms on opposite ends of a 50x50 living room and dining room. I had my choice of bedrooms with 2 queens or one king and private baths with each. I had a private balcony to enjoy.
When I realized I had forgotten some items I asked the front desk to direct me to the closest store. Instead, they immediately obtained the items I needed and got them to me at no expense. The doormen were just as helpful as the front desk with directions and service.
The highway noise isn't bad at all on the 14th floor. I suppose you just have to be up and away from it.
I have nothing bad to say at all. If I were trying to be picky, I suppose I would say the biggest concern of my stay was the parking garage which is listed for 6'7" as you enter but I think only 6'4" as you exit. It felt like my Rubicon was clearing the concrete beams and lamps which stuck down from the ceiling by millimeters. It really felt tight in a Jeep. A bigger SUV like a Yukon, Suburban or even a few of the smaller but taller ones wouldn't be able to fit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galt House Hotel, Louisville's Waterfront Hotel®, boasts 1,310 guest rooms and suites, 130,000 square-feet of convention space and more than 50 meeting rooms. Galt House Hotel features six full-service restaurants and lounges, including RIVUE, a 25th floor revolving restaurant with amazing cuisine, as well as the Rooftop Garden and Terrace, Club 360° Fitness Center and the third-story Conservatory that connects the two towers over 4th Street. The Galt House Hotel is connected to the KFC Yum! Center and the Kentucky International Convention Center, and within walking distance of Fourth Street Live! entertainment district, the Muhammad Ali Center, Kentucky Science Center, Kentucky Center for the Arts, Louisville Slugger Factory and Museum and Frazier History Museum. It is also within walking distance of unique shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Galt House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galt House Hotel Louisville
- Galt Hotel Louisville
- Galt House Hotel And Suites
- The Galt House Hotel
- Galt House Louisville Ky