“Would Definitely Stay Here Again”

Comfort Inn Louisville
Ranked #49 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Florence, Kentucky
“Would Definitely Stay Here Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

Check in was quick and easy. The front desk people were very friendly. Hotel room was clean and comfortable. Basic needs, hair dryer, shampoo, and lotion were in room also, fridge microwave and coffee pot. Breakfast was more than just your basic continental breakfast and very good. Will definitely stay again. Many restaurants and shopping within a very short distance. Easy close access to Churchill Downs.
Easy access to the expressway. Workout room was nice. Convenient laundry facility.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Evansville, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

I chose this hotel due to the reviews on trip advisor and because it is just a few miles from Waverly Hills Sanatorium...where I was going on a ghost hunt. The hotel's location was fine. The room was clean. We did have problems with the air conditioner. And we had problems getting all the channels clearly on the TV. The girl at the front desk was nice. But this hotel is not as good as the rating it has on trip advisor. The girl at the front desk was nice...but she spent a great deal of time out in front of the hotel smoking and talking to people. The pool has a rule where you can only have FIVE in the pool at one time. We had one rowdy family in the pool with us...and they had about nine members in their family. THEY ruined the pool experience for us. And to make matters worse...their room was across from us and they had a child who cried quite a bit. And one other reviewer mentioned the parking lot problem. When we were there it was the same thing. There were people out on the parking lot late at night. There was even a police officer there. I have no idea why these people were there. There is no restaurant or bar at the hotel. Yet this was a hangout for some unknown reason. I found the breakfast to be not so great...although my daughter liked it. My eggs were cold. I would likely only return to this hotel if I had another ghost hunt at Waverly to attend. The area does have lots of restaurants...but it does not seem to be in the best part of town. And it concerns me what these people were doing hanging out in the parking lot.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
RandallMurdock, General Manager at Comfort Inn Louisville, responded to this review, 27 June 2011
Thank you for your response. I would certainly appreciate it if you would please contact me so we can discuss your recent stay. I can be reached at (502) 447-2096.

Randy Murdock
Grafton, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

Found this place looking at Trip Advisors recommendations and they had it ranked 2 of 95 hotels in the area. This place was well worth it! Amazing price and quality...would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank kjc22
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

This was the very BEST hotel experience I've had in a very long time. We stayed at the Comfort Inn, Southwest, Louisville, KY, for 6 nights, including Memorial Day weekend. From start to finish, everything was absolutely wonderful. From management to housekeeping - it couldn't have been better. They made us feel like we were the only guests they had. Every day was like the one before - great service, smiles and kindness.

I want you to understand how really great this hotel is. Starting with Randy, the manager. I had made my reservations with Randy directly because one of the previous T/A reviews from April of this year, said the hotel was very "pet friendly". I called the reservation service first, and they said "no pets". Since I was confused because of the T/A review, I decided to call the hotel directly and speak with the manager. They do NOT allow pets, which is what I needed to hear, because we have pet allergies. Apparently the "pet friendly" review had been added to the wrong Comfort Inn location. The Comfort Inn, Southwest, does NOT allow pets.

I reserved a king, non-smoking room. When we arrived at the hotel on Tuesday, Randy personally showed us the 3 types of rooms that were available for our stay - a king 2 room suite; a king junior suite and a standard king room. We chose the standard king room. It was a spacious room, with a flat screen TV, microwave and refrig. - perfect. The bed and 5 pillows were so comfortable. I don't think I'ver ever slept better on a hotel bed. Housekeeping was excellent. When I had special requests, I would leave a note and when we came back to the room, everything was just as I had requested. The room was always spotless. One day I went in to the hall bath by the pool. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and shiny it was. Great job, housekeeping!

Then came the breakfast - expanded and excellent. They had anything you could want: yogurt, fresh fruit, 2 kinds of waffles that you could make fresh, dry cereal, oatmeal packets, bisquits, gravy, eggs, sausage, bagels, small danish, mini muffins, bread, hard boiled eggs, 3 juices, 2 cofees, tea - am I forgetting anything? If you're hungry here - it's your own fault. Even better than the selection, are the 2 ladies who manage the great breakfast - Yvette and Wendy. Every morning, you were greeted with a smile and a kind word. It was just a pleasure to have breakfast with them.

Now about the front desk service. I met Tonya, Paul, CeCe and Jamie. What a great group of people! It is obvious that they enjoy their jobs, and working for their manager, Randy. I have never met a nicer, friendlier staff. They had wonderful recommendations of restaurants, churches, sites to see. They really knew the area and their city, and if there was something they didn't know, they found out for you. They made a phone call or looked on-line - somehow found out whatever you wanted to know. If you are the do-it-yourself type, there is a computer with free internet for the guests to use. I did some of that, but I always ask the front desk personnel for recommendations, etc., and these employees were exceptional - and always with a smile. Nothing was ever too much trouble. They genuinely took an interest in you, and wanted to do whatever they could to make your stay enjoyable. I really hated to leave. My "go to" girl was Tonya. No matter what I asked or needed, she had the answer (and she makes the best cookies in the evening). So thank you, Tonya, for all of your help!

This trip to Louisville was one of the best we've taken in a long time. It started with the hotel, but didn't end there. Honestly, everyone we met in the city - at the Visitor's Center on 4th Street, at the restaurants, wherever we went - it was just striking how welcoming and friendly everyone was. We ate at great restaurants: "Mark's Feed Store", a BBQ restaurant on Dixie Hwy, down the street a few miles from the hotel; "Bristols Bar & Grill" downtown (they have other locations) - huge & delicious "hot brown"; "Los Aztecas", a wonderful Mexican restaurant downtown (& other locations); "The Limestone" - an original - really great starter bar, desserts and atmosphere; "Frisch's Big Boy", near the hotel - good salad and fruit bar; and the most interesting restaurant you have to visit (and don't forget your camera) is "Lynn's Paradise Cafe" - a real treat - atmosphere alone is worth the trip. Additionally, there is so much to do in Louisville and the surrounding area, which you can find out about at the hotel or Visitor's Center downtown on 4th Street. If you enjoy gardens, be sure to visit "Hidden Hills" in Utica, IN - a short drive from downtown Louisville, but again, really worth the drive.

So do yourself a big favor. Visit Louisville and stay at the Comfort Inn, Southwest. You will be so pleased that you'll still be raving about it after you get home .... and look forward to going back.

Thank you - everyone at Comfort Inn - for a wonderful stay. We were so pampered. You truly are the BEST.

Room Tip: See my review
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank imperialdancer
Yorkville, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

The hotel is located in an OK...area...busy traffic so not really convenient to walk to anything and the area is a little run down. The rooms were fine. Didn't hear anything at night...but the hotel wasn't very crowded. Had the pool for 2 nights to ourselves. Breakfast was acceptable----except the were lacking fruit and peanut butter. Beds could have been a little more comfortable.

North Central Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

Easy to find, nice facility. Room was clean and comfortable. Scummy people hanging out in the parking lot ALL night long. I kept getting up all night to look out the window and check on our car, afraid someone would break into it. They came and they went and one guy sat on the curb by front doors for hours. No idea what they were doing out there, but I could guess.

The pool was cloudy and had a big clump of hair floating in it. No fresh towels, and old wet towels strewn all around. The receptionist did bring us towels upon request and was very friendly.

Overall, the hotel was fine, but they need to keep malingerers out of their parking lot.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

This hotel was great, my sisters and I stayed here because it was the best rated hotel nearest The Waverly Hills Sanitorium. It turned out to be a great choice the rooms were clean, spacious, included great amenities and the bed and pillows were very comfy. The blow dryer worked great, the fridge is a great size and the microwave is a big plus. The staff was very nice and helpful. Housekeeping staff was nice enough to give us extra supplies because we had opted not to have them clean our room. The weekend we stayed there was a large number of kids because of a competition happening near the hotel. I thought it would've been an issue at night, but while several stayed on our floor we didn't hear much into our room. We had no noise problems at all. The pool is on the smallish side, anymore then 6-7 persons in the pool at once and it can get crowded, although the times I went I was all alone.

Overall this hotel is great, I plan on staying here again.

• Stayed May 2011