“Best staff of any hotel”

Comfort Inn Louisville
Ranked #51 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Columbus, Ohio
“Best staff of any hotel”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I have stayed at this hotel approx 8 weeks over the past year and each time the staff was excellent. The hotel feels newer and is always clean. The only issue I have with this hotel is the traffic from Dixie highway, but it's a lot better then the bigger hotels near the airport.

If you are debating this hotel or one near the airport stay here, UPS runs what seems like every airplane ever invented in and out of the airport at 3am.

Room Tip: Avoid the 3rd floor if you don't like smoking.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Georgetown, IL
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Very clean and friendly. I would recommend this hotel. The only the my kids didn't like is that the pool wasn't heated. The breakfast was ok not the best but was a hot breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Leola
Reviewed 13 May 2012

The motel was welcoming, the staff friendly. We came to stay overnight and decided to stay another day in the area. The facility is clean, the staff very accommodating. I would recommend this motel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Upon arrival, the staff was welcoming, friendly and funny. The lobby is clean and well lit. The room we had was large! The beds were comfortable and very clean. I have allergies and mine didn't flare up in bed. There is an indoor swimming pool and hot tub. The breakfast is waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, cereal, muffins, etc. I deducted one point from the property because there is only one elevator and the bedspread is not white.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Lafayette
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My husband and I stopped in and spent one nite and the service and staff were awesome! Tonya and Jamie on staff there were both so wonderful! A few days later we were back in town and no hesitation we wanted to stay here again!!! Both times we were not disappointed! Clean and comfortable! Will do it again if back in Louisville!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I have been coming to Louisville as a part of vacation for almost 12 years now. I have friends in the area and we always frequent a music convention at the Expo center the week I'm there. I'm typically very picky about the hotel I stay in while I am there, and have stayed at several in town. Year before last a friend got me a discounted rate at a Comfort Inn in Louisville and we absolutely LOVED our stay.
The second year we got there, same deal, different Comfort... I had stayed on Dixie Hwy in the past, and was hesitant to stay that far away again, just because of convenience. The hotel appeared nice enough, building and decorations seemed fairly new. The beds were amazingly comfortable. The issue however was noticed within a half hour of checkin. The air conditioner would blow super cold for about 5 minutes, then shut off altogether. No fan, nothing... While it spent 10-15 minutes off, the room would become hot and sticky with humidity. Then it would run loudly for another 5, then off for 10-15. This continued throughout the night, making it impossible to sleep, d/t either heat/humidity or noise, by turn, and continued all the next morning. Talk about being miserable while getting dressed! The humidity outside prevented us from finding relief by opening a window. We complained several times about it, finally on day 3 of our 5 day stay, we were switched to a different room, having to downgrade our beds as a result (we went from a king/queen double to a queen/queen double). Not ten minutes into the switch, and the same issue begins. This began 2 more days of sheer misery, and nothing was done outside of the nighttime staff "resetting" it from an outside braker... If this doesn't work the first time, it's not going to work 50 times after that!
Despite complaints, nothing more was done, no apologies, or compensation offered. As a result, everyone in my party ended up sick with respiratory issues following our stay d\t the constant change of temp in our room. I requested to speak to the manager, only to be told he was busy and would have to call me. I checked out at noon, went back to the fairgrounds and finally left town around 5pm. Around 7, when I am nearly out of the state headed home, I get a call from the manager saying that he had just sat in that room for a half hour and that the ac never once shut off, so he has a "hard time believing my story" that it didn't work in either room. I explained what it did, and he completely rebuffed my story. I finally wrote a letter to the President of Choice Hotels, explaining my story... Compensation was made, I will say that... but I won't stay in that location again... I definitely preferred the one on Phillips Lane to this one -- both in accomodations of both building and staff!

Room Tip: Don't stay unless you don't plan to use the a/c! Sleep quality would have been amazing if we...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Massillon
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My husband and I loved this hotel. This place was very very clean. The staff were all super nice. Their swimming pool and hot tub were the best we have ever stayed in. They even had a sauna. We spent the week in KY and were in 3 other Comfort Inns across KY and this was the absolute best place we stayed. This hotel is perfect for get aways or business.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple