“Not for me”

Econo Lodge Downtown
Ranked #53 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The city was booked solid so I reluctantly booked here. I had low expectations after a frustrating booking process, but I was determined to make it work because I had to attend a Convention.

I checked out after ten minutes. The room was putrid with stale tobacco smell, the bed linen was discoloured and the blanket was 1970's style with cigarette burns, you get the picture.

I am a reformed smoker, and could not have stayed in that room even when I was a smoker.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Mickthered,

Thank you so much for the review and I do apologize for the inconvenience you may had during your visit. I looked into your reservation and found out that you had a smoking room reserved as we were super busy. I took a note about your concerns and will discuss to my staff for improvement. Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience you had!

Pete Patel

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Downtown

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Hotel was adequate. No complaints. The rooms were worn down and could use renovating but were comfortable and clean nonetheless. Bathroom was extremely small. Breakfast had limited choices but was better than nothing. Hotel staff was friendly and welcoming...probably the best thing about this hotel. I would stay here again but only if trying to save money...it is the cheapest option for this part of town....don't expect a luxury hotel for the same price!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Kenneth,

Thanks a lot for reviewing our hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your experience with my staff and I am sure that they will be happy to know that we are going great job. Once again thank you very much and stay with us again!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Traveled to Louisville for a concert and was primarily concerned about a location close the Yum center to avoid driving and parking. This Hotel is very conveniently located to all the major downtown venues including 4th street live, easily within walking distance to everything. The Hotel is a little dated and rough in a few spots, but served Our needs.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear gklittle500,

Thank you so much for the review and I am glad that you loved the location of the hotel. I made a note about your concerns about hotel condition and I will share with my staff. Once again thanks a lot for the review and please visit us again!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We were able to check in quickly - staff was not really friendly but not unfriendly either. Cigarrette hole in bedspread and we were in a non-smoking room. It was also either too hot or too cold - there was not a happy medium & when you turned the heat on it blew the curtains out - not an inconvenience just odd. Completely overpriced (we paid $185 for one night) but close to everything downtown and only $5 per car for parking.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Lesa,

Thank you so much for the review and I do apologize for any inconvenience you may had during your stay. I took a note about your concerns for hole in bed spread in nonsmoking room, heat temperature and room price. Just for your information, our average rates are from $79.00 to $99.00 per night but rate changes for the events like national farm show, truck show and KY Derby as they are high demand events. The rate you paid was still lowest rate in downtown for the weekend.
Once again I appreciate for the review and I am glad that you loved the location of the hotel as much as we love. Please visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Surprisingly clean, and affordable hotel for being in downtown Louisville. We checked in late and they waived the parking fee! They had a great military discount! Free Wifi, and the breakfast wasn't bad. No waffles :( LOL, The shower hot water lasted forever!! Awesome!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Angela,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to write such a great review of our property! I am happy to hear that you found your room to be comfortable and clean. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even better. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We needed an inexpensive hotel, near downtown, for 2 nights. Booked non-smoking rooms, but were given rooms that had clearly been smoked in. Called the front desk and they were very good about changing our rooms. The rooms are very basic, but comfortable and very quiet. Free Wi-Fi and a decent breafast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for the great review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Once again thank you so much and please visit us again!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Location is great, room very clean and nice, We enjoyed our stay very much. When we arrived, the heat in the room did not work. Manager on site was very accomidating and nice about it and immediantly gave us another room, which was very nice and warm. I would definantly stay here again because the facility and staff were very nice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Pete P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the great review of our hotel for your recent stay. I am glad that you find clean, comfortable rooms. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you with room that you were satisfied with. If you are in the area in the future, please visit us again!