“Wonderful B&B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louisville
1840 Tucker House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 20 Louisville B&B and Inns
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wonderful B&B!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Last week I had the pleasure of staying at the 1840 House while visiting distilleries with my high school friend and her daughter. They were from San Diego and I wanted to make sure we stayed at someplace special. The 1840 Tucker House was that and more! I can't say enough about how beautifully maintained the house is, including stunning furnishings and gardens. Everything about the 1840 House is picture perfect. It's spacious and includes every amenity you can think of. Davonna was an incredibly gracious and helpful host. Breakfast was to die for. My only regret is I didn't get to stay longer:( I am already thinking of reasons to go back!!! Thanks for a wonderful evening!.

Room Tip: They are all good!! We enjoyed the back deck and all rooms access it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bogart, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here back in 2006 and loved our experience. We stayed here in May and found it just as wonderful as we had previously. The location is a little ways from Louisville, but it is convenient to Interstate access and downtown was an easy drive. The breakfasts are out of this world. I don't know how the owners stay so bubbly and charming, but they seem to have maintained a wonderful attitude toward their guests over the years. Little extras, like a stocked refrigerator in your room with colas and waters for which there is no charge, really add to the experience. I would gladly stay here again and would recommend it to anyone who wants a charming experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia/S. Jersey
Reviewed 8 May 2014

During the 140th Kentucky Derby, we stayed at the Tucker House with another couple for a fantastic experience. Steve and Devona, the owners, were the perfect hosts for our derby experience starting off our 3 night stay with bottomless Mint Juleps and an authentic Kentucky Dinner that would make Abraham Lincoln Homesick. As I am sure it was noted in other reviews, the Porter's have showcased the entire house in authentic 1840 furnishings that they love to talk about and there is a story with each piece you can learn by just asking. We stayed in the Courting Chamber Room which had a great modernized attached bathroom with a large whirlpool tub and separate shower that was well used after the long partying at Churchill Downs. We also enjoyed sitting of the back deck sipping our Mint Juleps watching the many different birds fly in and out of the feeders while Princess Sofia, the trusted extremely friendly K9, lay at your feet waiting patiently for a little pat on the back, a real wildlife adventure. I can't finish our comments without mentioning that the Devona is a wonderful cook, providing us with special Kentucky fare for our Breakfasts. During the Derby weekend, restaurants are packed and we found it extremely comforting to return on Friday after the Derby to another home cooked Kentucky style dinner (for a little extra). The Derby is a special event and Steve and Devona pulled out all of the stops in making our visit wonderful. As a parting gesture of generous southern hospitality, each couple was given a beautiful gift bag with Derby mementos that just said a simple thank you to us for staying.

Room Tip: Our Room had an attached bathroom with a great whirlpool tub to relax after a long day.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Missouri Valley, Iowa
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This B & B is a must go to. Everything was perfect from the room, the food (the best Kentucky dining), the inn keepers, to our special Sophie. Very relaxing. Will definately make it a repeat.

Carolyn W

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I treated myself to a writing retreat at this lovely B&B, which is less than 20 miles from my home. I will definitely be returning in the future. The house is gorgeous, the owners are gracious, and the breakfasts are delicious. I highly recommend staying in the Presidents' Chamber. The bed is incredibly comfortable and there's a whirlpool bath. My only suggestion for the owners would be to invest in a Keurig coffee maker for the sunroom so that guests can have coffee whenever they like. But it's not a big deal, as there is a refrigerator stocked with water and sodas for guests.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Ashley S
Beaverton, Michigan
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My wife and I can't say enough about this B & B. Was a wonderful visit. AND the best breakfast I've ever had. Didn't eat again till dinner time. Highlight is talking with the owners....pieces of history themselves. I won't spoil it for you, but get talking with them and you'll be amazed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Indiana
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Wonderful bed and breakfast! Very relaxing setting, beautiful home, very nice owners and best breakfast ever. Location was close to many of Louisville's sites, yet we felt like we were at a country resort.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple