“Great Stay and Excellent Management”

Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne
Ranked #37 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Indiana
“Great Stay and Excellent Management”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently on a special occasion. The staff was very extremely helpful, courteous and professional. The General manager at this place was outstanding. I went to the front desk to ask for a late check out because I was working in the area on the following day. When I asked the front desk clerk, he indicated to her to allow me a 2pm late check out. He was also very concerned about the overall quality of the stay!. On several other occasions, he asked about other aspects of the stay. I was really impressed. The room was very clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Additionally, they honored my special requests that I made in the reservation process which was greatly appreciated. Very nice hotel and very affordable!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I loved my stay at this Holiday Inn location especially the staff they were very welcoming and friendly. We stayed for 3 nights but there were some complications with our reservations we had to initially make 3 separate ones because we use priority club points and had two different cards to pay with. This was no problem for their front desk staff they were very polite and ready to help us they combined all three for us so we didn't have to come down each day to redo our keys. The room was very clean and we were on the top floor which was nice because it was not noisy at all the hotel seemed busy with kids and people coming for thunder but the way the hotel is set up and the staff being aware of everything going on you wouldn't think it was busy. All and all this hotel was top notch and I would recommend anyone coming to visit Louisville stay at this hotel. I unfortunatly didn't get a chance to use the pool/spa but it did look very nice and we aren't big breakfast eaters but if the smell was any indication it must have been delicious! Thanks to all the staff for doing what you do!

Room Tip: I would suggest one of the top floors away from the lobby the elevators are far enough away from the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This is a nice place to stay, but missies the mark in several areas. First, I don't think you will be disappointed in your actual room. Ours was clean (spotless) with great furnishings. Big flat screen TV with HD. That was a really nice feature! Bathroom was spotless. Everything in the room looked new. And hotel is very convenient to the freeway and in a very nice and safe area of Louisville. Very convenient to I-64, Middletown, J-Town, and St Matthews. Shopping and restaurants all close. But they do have issues with front desk, room service, the bar, and the restaurant. First - the front desk staff was confused at times. They seemed rather disorganized. It took a LONNNGGGG time to check in. Then we lost our room key card, and that took 20 minutes to replace. And this is not time waiting in line. This was time the front desk person took to find us in the computer in-between the 10 minutes they spent helping another front desk person handle issues on another guest's bill. I would have liked my person to spend time focused on my problem and not others. They didn't multi-task well. They also didn't smile and didn't make you feel welcome - felt like they were doing us a favor instead of them appreciating our patronage. Next - room service. Saturday night. No room service available. Huh? Full service restaurant in hotel but no room service. Wait - restaurant not open until 5. What a joke. No restaurant until 5 but worse no room service at all that night. And the hotel is close to full. Next - the bar. Sorry, it's Saturday at 4:30pm. Bar opens around 5-ish. Well I think so - I couldn't get anyone to actually tell me exactly the status of the bar. And - get this - this was on March 31. The day of THE BIGGEST basketball game the state of KY has ever experienced UL-UK. And the hotel was pretty much at capacity with a music convention occupying 300+ rooms. So no restaurant open until 5pm. No bar either. No room service period that day. What an opportunity this placed missed. How about a bar open at noon. How about snacks like pizzas, nachos, hot dogs, hamburgers all day for sale all day in the open area. How about management recognizing their place is close to full and all these guests have to eat and there is this big game coming up so how about capitalizing on all that. What a missed opportunity. So on a normal Saturday you should expect no bar on Saturday's until late in the day, no place to eat until late in the day, no room service on Saturday's. Expect to just go out to one of the many many fine restaurants in the area that you can walk to (safe area) or drive to (5 minutes away are 20+ nice restaurants). So expect a very nice clean room with great TV, expect no smiling faces at front desk, expect confusion there, and expect to take your food and bar business off-property. Why no room service on Saturdays? Why no bar until 5 and no special food services when the hotel is full and the biggest basketball game ever is being held. Now - we did eat breakfast there Sunday morning. Horrible. A Holiday Inn Express free breakfast service is much better and tastier than what we paid for here. Fruit that was not ripe. Cold eggs. And - frozen toaster-style waffles. Skip their breakfast and walk next door to the IHOP. If IHOP too busy drive 5 minutes down to The Bristol for a delicious Sunday brunch where they have a guy making fresh waffles with syrup. In summary: they do the rooms right here but staff was marginal and food services were horrible.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mark W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Mark W,

Thank you for leaving such a detailed review with so many great tips for our hotel. I am glad to see that you commented on what you enjoyed about the hotel as well as what fell below your expectations. I'm deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced. Your tips and comments will be shared with the appropriate departments for consideration. We always welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.

Katie J
IHGCare
McMinnville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I have never written a review about any lodgings I have stayed, but this stay is one anyone should know. I made reservation thru AARP, required to pay in full, which my account was charged. Upon arrival the desk agent asked how was I going to make payment. I stated the room was paid in full for 2 nights. Desk clerk continued to comment nothing had been received from expedia. I retrieved my confirmation to show clerk room paid in full. We reserved a king with sofa bed. My daughter pulled the sofabed out and there was no support in the middle, so she slept on edge of sofabed, son slept on floor and eventually with his father and I, didn't want his sister to roll over on him into the hole. Was locked out of our room second night, but eventually did get into room. Now to the bathroom experience: the first person who took a shower had an average shower experience but tub would not drain. Water had receded some the next morning, but not enough to be able to take a shower without standing in ankle deep water for first person, subsequent individual was mid-calf, next knee deep. To say the least it was an experience and a huge disappointment because I had never had problems like this at any other hotel chains especially Holiday Inn.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tamara A

Travellers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My fiancee and I spent New Years Eve there for the 3rd time last year.When I left home in Tennessee I checked my bank account.I was billed for the correct amount before I left.I checked in on Friday Dec 30th.I woke up Saturday morning and checked my bank account again.I was charged an additional amount that was $40.00 more than the first charge! I was now charged $679.48 for 2 nights! Our weekend was now ruined because we could not shop like we had planned.We do not live in the same area yet so our time together is special and planned out.As my account was petty much wiped out our weekend was ruined as I had to make sure that I could afford to make it back home.
The manager contacted my bank but it was going to be at least 3 days before the credit would show up on my account.The manager said she could put $100.00 on my card which gave us money but it just added more costs on my account!Now I was billed $779.48 for a two day weekend in Louisville for New Years Eve.
I reported them to the BBB and they offered me a $50.00 credit on my next stay.We have stayed at that hotel several times in the past and they think that my business was only worth $50.00!I am not a wealthy man so our time together is important and well planned out.They can keep their $50.00! I do not want to inconvenience them like they had inconvenienced us1

Room Tip: Stay away as they cannot control how their employees control their billing practices!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jeff A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Jeff A,

Ben J
IHG Care
Newport, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed in Louisville on business and got a room at the Holiday Inn. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms very clean, the hotel very well located, and it was just a hassle free stay. They are even adaptable. The lady at my company making the reservation forgot I am a smoker and that after fourteen hours I do not wish to go out and smoke. They didn't have any free at 9:30p.m. when I got there but they moved me to a room that had a private balcony so I could just step out the door. The lady acted like it was a pleasure to do. Very good staff and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Had nine for Thanksgiving Dinner at the hotel and loved it. As well we had two rooms for three of the nine so all were able to spend the day including a few hours of hot tub and swimming. Everything was great! Ramon at the desk greeted us warmly and was efficiently got us interconnecting rooms. Stephanie at the bar helped us close the evening with big smiles. A great hotel with super staff.

• Stayed November 2011