“Just A Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne
Ranked #31 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located off of a major HWY but noise was not an issue. The front desk staff put me in a motor hotel part of the building. They took back the first set of keys and gave me a set for the tower. I get to the tower room and it had not cleaned. They take back those keys and put me in another room. I go to put some items in the refrigerator and it was. All wet inside. They took those keys from me and
put me in another room. It took four key cards for me to get into the room. Moving my belonging from room to room was disturbing. I would have thought they would have given out an upgrade. The second day of the stay I had to call for the housekeeping to get done at 3:30pm. The new manager has just arrived and is working to set the Inn straight. The restaurant
is OK. Closed between two and five as is the lobby bar.

• Stayed: November 2013
Robert T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Hi Rick,
It was great talking with you the other day. I really appreciate you taking the time to talk. One of the worst things that could happen in any business is if a guest does not express their experience to a supervisor. Whether good or not, that is how people and businesses grow. So I thank you again. I already begun to talk with our team about the concerns expressed and how to move forward. I am sure when your group joins us next year the difference will be noticed, unless you are planning an visit sooner. If so, please make it a point to say hi.

Thanks again,

Bob

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We recently held an event at this hotel and everything was perfect. The staff was superb and most helpful. The food was great. The sleeping rooms are very nice and comfortable. The loading into the ballroom for a show is the best ever with a roll up door and level access. We are returning in 2014 for another event. Great restaurants and shopping adjoining the property. Very nice neighborhood. Give it a try. Reasonable room rates.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
David H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your event. I am so happy to hear you event was such a success, for your success is our success. That roll up door is great for large events, it does make everything so smooth. Thanks again and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

The only complaint I had was the heated pool was too cold for me, but my kids loved it. Other than that, we had a great experience and my kids can't wait to use this hotel again. They love staying away from home but they really enjoyed this one better than most we've stayed at.

• Stayed: September 2013

We are so glad you children enjoyed the pool and there stay. Please let them know we enjoyed having them.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We had a great time at this hotel. The rooms were clean and bright, staff were more than helpful, and the food was excellent. We found the hotel to be comfortable and we felt safe. We would stay again and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Let the staff know your preferences when booking a room, and the hotel does an excellent job of prov...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you EdnChristine for your recent review of our hotel. We are so happy you chose to stay with us and we can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend while visiting family in the area. I really enjoyed my stay. The bed was comfy, the room was clean, and I felt safe. I was also surprised by how big the tv was in my room. It was nice to unwind before falling asleep. The check in was easy and pleasant and the check out was just as nice. When I'm in the area again I'll definitely stay again!!! Thanks!!

• Stayed: August 2013
David H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you "Tina C" for sharing your great experience with us and your fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It means a lot to our staff to see that their hard work is recognized. We also hope that we'll have the opportunity to host you again in the near future. All the best to you.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend in Louisville. The hotel is out of date, the rooms don't feel very clean. The whole vibe of the Lobby and Restaurant is that the Hotel seriously needs to be remodeled. The staff was friendly and courteous but I wouldn't stay there again. I stayed at this exact hotel maybe 6 years prior and everything seems exactly as it was.

Room Tip: My suggestion to choose a good room, would be to pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
David H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

We appreciate you taking the time "Rae46219" to share your feedback with us and your fellow travellers. While we are sincerely grateful for your recognition of our staff and service, we also respect your perceptions about some physical aspects of our hotel. We continually strive to maintain our hotel in a clean and comfortable fashion and in providing a good value for the money. We will utilize your feedback when formulating the future renovation. We wish you the best of travels.

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because my husband had stayed here pretty regularly a few years ago. Apparently, it has declined in a massive way over the last couple of years. The lobby and bar area appeared nice though so I let go of my initial assumption that it was sketchy. Big mistake! The first room we were given was a good size and the bedroom while obviously dated appeared acceptably clean. The bathroom was another story. The shower had some pretty nasty mold, the carpet at the transition was pulled back, and there was a pill on the floor. I'm freakish about cleanliness and I couldn't do it. Its one thing to be dated, its another to be dirty. We asked to be switched and offered to pay more for a renovated room. We were told they were all done at the same time and it didn't matter because those rooms weren't available. My husband swears the rooms on higher floors are nicer. The second room was right next door. Thankfully, it was mold free. A little mildew in the grout but nothing horrible. Unfortunately, there was hair everywhere - on the counters, floor, and tub. I gave up and just cleaned it myself. Had I been alone I would have left. They did comp us breakfast which was nice. The food was underwhelming but did the job and it was free. Overall, I was more than a little disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you "TNCathy" for letting us know about your recent stay. We are obviously disappointed to read of your observations and normally pride ourselves in providing consistently clean and comfortable accomodations. We are constantly monitoring the quality of cleanliness in our guestrooms and we are confident that this has been fully addressed this since you brought this to our attention. Thank you again and we wish you the best of travels.