“Service was fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Birmingham, Alabama
“Service was fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

We met family in Louisville because it was halfway for everyone. My family had stayed previously in Louisville, and once at this Holiday Inn. I recommended it and offered to make arrangements.

From my initial exposure to the staff in the sales area, scheduling multiple rooms, to the staff on Thanksgiving for their fantastic buffet, to the front desk staff to the staff of the in-building restaurant, everyone was extremely friendly and very helpful.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time, had no complaints on the facility and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

From the moment Bobby picked me up at the airport after having a terrible day, I was treated as if I were family. The whole front office staff, to Hamid, Carolyn, Vanessa, Stephanie, Chris, all treated me wonderfully. I laughingly checked for bed bugs, etc. the first night and nothing but cleanliness, and what a wonderful bed. I had a refrigerator and microwave in my room and everything was as the pictures showed. I ate at the restaurant in the bar area and the food was wonderful as was the room service. I have made friends for life and I plan to come back for the Kentucky Derby and will only stay at this hotel, they made my stay a wonderful experience. Michele

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

I have stayed here twice, one night on each visit. Our check in was easy, parking was easy. On my first visit, I stayed in a garden level room. It was small, but charming, with a door to the interior courtyard. You could sit outside at one of the wrought iron tables to read the paper and enjoy your coffee. Our atrium view room was clean and large, with a king-size bed, large bathroom, and separate desk area. Air conditioning was strong. This hotel has a nice multi-level atrium, a water feature, a piano, snack bar, and a large buffet style breakfast. There is at least one family of ducks living outside the hotel. Cute, although you should keep a close eye on the droppings. Staff did an excellent job of cleaning up the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vichart
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2010

I stayed at this hotel as part of a group and the staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2010

First, if you know us, you know that we usually only write reviews of resorts, hotels and travel destinations where we stay on vacation so this is a bit out of our norm. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn, Hurstbourne on three separate occasions (two on business and the most recent for pleasure). This time we came for the Valentine weekend and brought another couple with us. We stayed Friday and Saturday and for the most part we enjoyed ourselves and found most of the accommodations provided as good.

Check-in staff, desk staff and management are wonderful. We are Priority Club members so our room keys, complimentary coupons etc. are always waiting for us upon arrival. We requested adjoining rooms and that was honored. We had purchased tickets for a Special Valentine Evening dinner and they were not ready (had to wait until Saturday but no big deal).

This hotel has no direct (plug-in) internet access; I know most of us no longer need it but you may and will need to know this, there is nothing they can do for you as far as access in your room, but they do have a business center where you can use there computer. Indoor pool is nice, small fitness center is adequate, hot tub is not really very hot and the “jets” are not so stimulating.

Our major problem came in the form of sewer gas. We noticed it late Friday evening when we returned to our room but wasn’t sure of the source and we were tired and went on to bed. The next morning it was very distinct and uncomfortable. We called the desk, they called maintenance and a mechanic was dispatched within an hour. Mr. Husband, an engineer and our friends in the next room had already started the investigation and found a drain line on the down-side of the sink trap that had been wrapped with some type of tape. They concluded that this would more likely than not be the source of the gas since there were no discernable leaks in any of the other plumbing. The maintenance man came, took a look, didn’t agree and further stated, “I don’t smell anything.” As he turned to leave, without even saying another word to us, my husband did suggest he see a physician about that inability to detect odors. We called management again and the assistant manager came to the room, agreed he smelled something and committed that he would have it repaired while we were out. It was better when we returned that evening, but not fixed (Room 769, beware).

Bar staff was very slow on Saturday, the evening of the special Valentine event, so you would have thought that they might have been better prepared. Wait staff in restaurant was slow and somewhat inexperienced, but at least they were nice. The location is a bit tricky to get to and leave; entrance is behind a convenient mart (look for the small Holiday Inn sign at hidden drive). When you exit you will have to turn right, there is no left turn back to Rt.64 on Hurstbourne. You can go one block to a cross street but it is clearly posted “No U Turn”. Also Hurstbourne and the roads to the two local malls become highly congested on Saturdays (very congested – two hours to travel four miles).

Overall, we probably won't be back here when in Louisville. We generally like the downtown locations and have fallen in love with the Brown Hotel (downtown). If you like to be spoiled, love the old time hotel experience and value the historical qualities and architecture at least try the Brown once. Close to everything downtown, short drive to the Downs, airport and city shuttle available and there are some truly great restraunts downtown.

Related to the attached quetion; would I recommended this hotel to a friend? I will not let one bad attitude from a maintenance man who works on Saturdays and a slow bartender render this establishment uninhabital, overall, it is fine for the price, they should have just offered to move us to a different room.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FinWatcher
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2009

I love staying at the Holiday Inn-Hurstborne in Lousiville. I am a social worker for the Commonwealth and every time we have a training in Lousiville, they book us here and I have never had a bad experience. The staff is wonderful and friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I have stayed here approximately 10 different times in the past three years and I always enjoy my time here! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2009

This hotel should only be used for business as it's very basic an dthe bar is a bit depressing. But the staff are generally friendly and the hotel bus service is great for airport transfers. to/from mall etc at no charge. Also internet was free which was very welcome. Good value as well (we had a corporate rate) Rooms clean and reasonably comfortable but a little tired/cheap.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
Hurstbourne
Red Carpet Inn Louisville
#79 of 95 in Louisville
Louisville Marriott East
#2 of 95 in Louisville

Been to Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne? Share your experiences!