“I showed, bought a ticket and NO MOVIE!!”
Review of KentuckyShow!

KentuckyShow!
Ranked #11 of 39 Fun & Games in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: KentuckyShow! Is a breathtaking, 30-minute multimedia adventure across time and place featuring the people, sights and sounds of this fascinating state. It's a first-see for visitors and a must-see for Kentuckians. Now showing in the Kentucky Science Center on historic Main Street in Louisville.
Reviewed 3 May 2013

The Kentucky Show is only shown a few times a week. I showed up for the 11am showing on a Saturday. I bought my ticket and waited and waited and waited. No one showed up. Very disappointed and I wasted at least 45 minutes.

Kathy K, Manager at KentuckyShow!, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

First, I'd like to thank you for reporting your frustrating episode and I'm very sorry this disappointing experience occurred.

After some investigating, I discovered that The Kentucky Center employee who was scheduled to open KentuckyShow! that day had been in a car accident that morning and was a little shaken up. Thankfully, he's fine and made it in to run the show a bit late, but again, I'm very sorry for your experience.

KentuckyShow! is a separate nonprofit organization that leases space from the Kentucky Center for the Arts and I don't personally staff the theater; ergo, I was unaware of the incident until now. In order to maintain conformity in how all visitors experience The Kentucky Center, the Center management -- whether it's the Ballet, Orchestra, Broadway show, or KentuckyShow! -- staffs all productions in its building.

Your experience is an extremely rare one as The Center management works diligently to ensure the patron experience is top-notch. As a way to hopefully compensate, I am sending you a gift box from KentuckyShow! and invite you to please see the show as my guest if you're ever back in Louisville.

You might have been referred to KentuckyShow! by The Galt House concierge, as she sends hundreds of hotel guests to our show each year. I'll be sure to follow up with her as well and explain the uniqueness of the situation. Thank you for your understanding.

Most sincerely,

Kathy Knotts
General Manager, KentuckyShow!

Reviewed 27 April 2013

What a wonderful introduction to this really lovely state. This was our first visit to Kentucky so we thought we would use this film as an introduction and start to our visit. Prepare to be embraced by the beauty of this state and its residents.

2  Thank SusanR94024
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The movie gives a lot of info about the rich history of KY and all the different cultures that make up the region.

Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Went with my travel-writer daughter. We're from Kentucky but she lives in North Carolina & was given a writing assignment in Louisville. We were both so proud, given the fact that Kentucky has its share of nuts which end up on Tv, in movies & politics!!! This show reaffirmed that Kentucky has beautiful natural resources, awesome foods, highly intelligent & talented people----- and the best bourbon found anywhere.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Whether you are a native to Louisville or just visiting, this presentation is a must see. Located right downtown on Main Street in the Kentucky Center for the Arts, this is roughly a half hour multi screen presentation about all things Kentucky. Offers a terrific overview of this wonderful state from its great natural wonders to its music, arts, people, sports, business, history, politics and the like. Very well done! If you stop by the Louisville Convention & Visitors Bureau on the corner of W. Jefferson and S. 4th Street (just a few blocks up) you can get a Kentucky Show rack card that offers a 2 for 1 admission!

Just outside the Kentucky Center for the Arts, be sure to walk up to the river on the overlook area known as the Belvedere. Great view of the Ohio River and a nice statue of our city founder.

The Kentucky Show does make a nice way to introduce yourself to some of the things that make our state unique and if you are just visiting, it very well might peak your interest to visit other Kentucky attractions and cities. If you are from here, it will make you smile with pride!

2  Thank Armadillo17