“Great overview of Kentucky!”
Review of KentuckyShow!

KentuckyShow!
Ranked #11 of 39 Fun & Games in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: KentuckyShow! Is a breathtaking, 30-minute multimedia adventure across time and place featuring the people, sights and sounds of this fascinating state. It's a first-see for visitors and a must-see for Kentuckians. Now showing in the Kentucky Science Center on historic Main Street in Louisville.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This short film (30 minutes or so) is very well done, and a wonderful overview of Kentucky! My youngest child wasn't engaged (he is 5), but everyone else in my family (ages 10 and up) enjoyed it. I though it gave a good orientation to Kentucky for our visit here.

1  Thank Amanda W

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We went because it was part of a ticket package we had bought. In all honesty, if it wasn't included, we probably wouldn't have gone. Anyway, we went with our 5 and 3 year old. According to their website, kids 5 and under were free. They had no information about that, so my husband had to go online and show them that our kids were free. The movie itself is good, but I don't think I would pay to see it.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is a really cool way to learn alot about Kentucky and hear/see some of the commonwealth's most famous celebrities. Great for visitors and natives alike!

1  Thank Tom W
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The Kentucky Show runs about 30 minutes and had a decent range of historical and cultural information regarding the state. It gives a nice overview of the area and is well-made. I'd also like to add that, although the gentleman who took our tickets was beyond friendly, the woman who sold them to us was rather rude and unpleasant. If a blonde woman with short hair and a pointy nose treats you unkindly at the ticket counter, do not let that discourage you from visiting the Show - it's still worth a look. :-)

1  Thank Cristal0505
Kathy K, General Manager at KentuckyShow!, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed KentuckyShow! and found it interesting and informative. Over 200 Kentuckians were interviewed during the making of the show, so it was a true labor of love for many to produce it. I'm sorry for your experience at the box office; KentuckyShow! rents its theater space from The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts so we don't staff the ticketing area. I forwarded your concerns to The Center, and the management appreciates being made aware of the occurrence. Personally, I believe your experience must be a rare one -- having direct contact with the box office staff over the years, I have found them to be a very professional, helpful group of people. I hope you'll come back and give us another opportunity to show our southern charm.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Not that great of a film or setup to view in my opinion. I am from KY and went to see it due to some hype. But disssapointed.