“I liked it”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East
Ranked #43 of 99 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I spent a night here on a vacation trip. It was more expensive than my usual overnight en route solo travel hotel choice, but a good value at $147.

I was upgraded to a junior suite room that was very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable. The continental breakfast was acceptable, albeit a bit less than I was expecting at the price. The cleanliness of the hotel was truly impressive. There was a cleaning guy taking care of the first floor at 11:00 PM Sunday and another one at 7:30 AM Monday!

I had dinner with old friends in the area. If not, I would have walked to the Cracker Barrel across the street.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
amckamie, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your way through Louisville, and for taking the time to review our hotel! We certainly appreciate your business and I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay here.
I'm happy that you enjoyed the suite that you were upgraded to, and found the room to be both comfortable and clean. Our housekeepers work incredibly hard to maintain a high standard of cleanliness, and it is always nice to hear when guests recognize that.
I am sorry that you found the breakfast offerings to be a bit sub par. I am excited to say that we are actually going to roll out our new hot breakfast program starting this weekend! So if you do ever choose to stay with us again you will have a much better breakfast to look forward to! We will be offering scrambled eggs, sausage, and fresh cut fruit, among other items.
Thank you again for staying with us. I hope that you enjoyed your vacation and that we may see you again sometime!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

The suite was nice but I had problems with the internet. I could get my email but the service was problematic in receiving because of blocked authentication. Signal was fair. I had to wait until I got to my customer's site for emails to get out.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank seib
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, and for taking the time to write a review! I am happy to see that overall you enjoyed your stay here and the suite that you stayed in. I would like to apologize for the trouble you experienced with our internet services and I will certainly look into that. If you stay with us again in the future and happen to experience the same issue, you may call Ethostream at 1-877-536-2984. This is a toll-free number, and they are our internet technical support providers. This number can also be found on a card on the desk in each guest room.

Thank you again, and we certainly hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

The room was very clean and plush but it lack the comforts of home aka fridge and microwave. Plus, the designers of the room decided the guests would rather have a large bathroom instead of sitting/sleeping area. Also, the breakfast left something to be desired. I am use to Continental breakfast offering scrambled eggs and sausage. The breakfast that was offered was the basics: cereal (hot & cold), fruit, pastries including waffles, and pre-wrapped sandwiches.

Most of the staff is knowledgable and helpful. We had trouble with guests allowing their children running up and down the stairs. After several complaints, it did become tolerable and we were compensated by the management at check out. We appreciated this gesture.

Room Tip: Top floor on the end across from the stairwell. King suite if available for I have been told they ha...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, and for taking the time to review our hotel! Our guests' feedback is very valuable to us, and I am so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. Should you decide to stay with us in the future, please note that the majority of our standard rooms with two queen size beds are actually equipped with a mini-fridge. Also, our Executive King and Queen suites include microwaves, mini-fridges, and a seperate sitting area with a second TV, and are typically just $5.00-$10.00 more than our standard rooms-a great value if you are looking for a room with a few more amenities and more space!

I do apologize for the disturbances outside your room. Thank you for bringing it to the attention of the staff and I am glad that we were able to compensate you adequately for your troubles.

We are also working to improve our breakfast offerings, and will be rolling out Fairfield Inn's new hot breakfast program very soon! This will include hot items such as scrambled eggs and sausage, as well as fresh cut fruit, among other offerings.

Again, I thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This property has modern furniture and design elements, the rooms are comfortable, and the breakfast area and food is well done. The location is easily accessible off the highway and is convenient for business travelers with meetings east of downtown Louisville.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank BrianCNH
amckamie, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to write such a great review of our property! I am happy to hear that you found your room to be comfortable and enjoyed our breakfast so much. We are in the process of transitioning to Fairfield Inn's improved breakfast program which will include several new items that many guests have been looking for, such as scrambled eggs, sausages, and fresh cut fruit.
Thank you again, and I hope that you choose to stay with us should your business travels ever bring you to the Louisville area in the future!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Room and property in excellent condition; bed was a little stiff. The staff were very friendly and professional. Location is very good and accessible. Furniture is a little dated but the lobby/breakfast area is in great shape.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank staffman81

Thank you so very much for choosing to stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Louisville East! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and found the property and your room to be clean and in good condition. Our staff work incredibly hard each day to maintain the property and ensure that all of our guest rooms are kept up to the Marriott standard, and to be professional, courteous, and helpful. It's always nice to hear from our guests that they are doing a great job. I do apologize for the fact that you found the mattress to be a little stiff; unfortunatly those are the mattresses that are required per Marriott.
Thank you again for staying with us, and we certainly hope that we have the pleasure of seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

We booked a two queen suite for one night at this property after reading all the great reviews and were not disappointed for it delivered on what was expected. The night before we were to check in my husband received a call asking if we would be willing to change room types as there had been a plumbing problem in the room we had originally booked. As we were traveling with all 3 of our children, a standard room wouldn't work for us, so they gave us two adjoining rooms (a king suite and a standard room with 2 queens). We ended up with so much space that we wished we could have stayed longer! The rooms were clean and well appointed. Checkin and checkout were a breeze. Breakfast was well stocked, and there were a number of other restaurants nearby for other meals. We would definitely stay here again if our travels necessitated an overnight stay in the Louisville area.

One word of recommendation: Blankenbaker Parkway the main road near the hotel is currently under construction and work appears to be being done 24 hrs a day, so you may want to request a room on the far side of the hotel. We were on that far side and weren't disturbed by the noise at all.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank StLouisMom3
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel; I am so pleased to hear that we lived up to your expectations! I am relieved to know that the suite adjoining to one of our standard rooms worked out for your family.

Thank you also for your compliments on the cleanliness of our hotel. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to make sure that every guest has a room that is neat, clean, and reflects the highest quality standards, and it is always good to hear from our guests that they are doing their jobs well. I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast as well. We are actually in the process of transitioning over to Fairfield Inn's new hot breakfast, so if you happen to stay with us in the future we should be serving a variety of new items such as scrambled eggs, sausage, and fresh cut fruit.

Regarding the construction on Blankenbaker Parkway--it is supposed to carry on until June, I believe. So please feel free to request a room facing away from the highway, as we are happy to accomodate requests like this to the best of our ability. Thankfully we have not had too many guests comment on the noise, but I do know that for those that are light sleepers it can be disturbing.

Again, I thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I hope that we have the pleasure of seeing you and your family again in the future!

Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

Recently, I had a surprise birthday party to attend. Not knowing Louisville, Kentucky very well, I inquired about a Fairfield Inn close to downtown. This one was recommended . It had very easy access from the downtown area to the interstate. It was close to 2 major shopping areas, and numerous restaurants.
The king size room was small, but immaculate, and the bed slept wonderfully. Everything looked new in the hotel. Actually the whole area looked  new.
There was a breakfast served in the am. An indoor  pool and exercise room. Two things I had wanted but did not have the opportunity to try.
The staff both morning and evening were so pleasant and accommodating. The young girl that checked me out offered to make me up a "to go" sack for the road. I will not forget that act of kindness as that morning I had over slept and it was icing outside unexpectedly. Even gave me a late check out.
I would definitely stay there again. Clean comfortable and quiet rooms. Plenty of extra amenities, and close to downtown without downtown pricing!
Excellent. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank LyndaLee011
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Thank you so very much for your review of our hotel! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did. Thank you for choosing to stay with us; the great thing about the location of this hotel is the fact that, like you said, it is located near two major shopping malls, a large variety of restaurants, and it is an easy 15-20 minute drive to downtown, and the area is very safe and quiet. I see that you stayed in one of our king rooms but found it to be a little small. Please know that we also have suites available at this property which are larger and typically only $5.00 to $10.00 more than our standard rooms--a great value! They include a sitting area with a sofa bed, a second TV, and a microwave and mini fridge. Thank you for your compliments on the cleanliness of your room and the hotel as a whole. We will be turning 4 years old on April 16th, and it's always nice to hear that our guests find the hotel to be as clean as when it was first opened. I will also be sure to share your compliments with the staff. We are very fortunate to have the hard working, caring, and knowledgeable employees that we do and I know they will appreicate what you had to say about them. Again, I thank you for staying with us and I hope that we have the pleasure of seeing you again!