“Great visit to Louisville!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East
Ranked #42 of 100 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My business trip to Louisville was made all the more pleasant by the Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East staff. I arrived after midnight due to travel delays, but I was greeted with a fresh, bright smile and guided to my room with terrific courtesy. My stay was enhanced by superior customer service, and I was impressed by the responsiveness and professionalism of each team member I met. I will definitely be back to stay with this terrific group!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nancy C
Alexandra B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Nancy, thank you so much for taking time to write such a complimentary review of our hotel! I am incredibly happy to hear that you had a great stay, and that we were able to make your business trip just a little less stressful. We are very well aware of how tiring business travel can be, and we strive to make sure that all of our guests experience a problem free stay, so that when they come back to their rooms they can relax. We have been working hard this past year to improve our responsiveness to our guests' needs/requests/issues, and it's so rewarding to hear from our guests that they are doing an excellent job. I am very proud of the entire staff here and will be sure to share your kind comments with them.
We know that you have a wide variety of hotels to choose from when in Louisville, and sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are here!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Enjoyed my stay here, but I have one issue. Breakfast is available from 6AM to 9AM. That's okay for business travelers, but my wife and I are semi-retired and would prefer it be open later. Other hotels serve until 9:30 or 10AM. On New Years morning it was jammed at 9AM when it was scheduled to close. Also, you ran out of coffee both mornings we stayed there. Otherwise, a nice, clean hotel.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Chricollin
Alexandra B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Chricollin, thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am very pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay, and I really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about the issues that you had while you were here.
I am incredibly sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory breakfast experience. We do keep our breakfast open until 10am on weekends and holidays, as we know that our guests prefer to sleep in on those days. We had an associate tending to breakfast on New Year's Day that does not typically host the breakfast buffet. It was my fault that I did not properly communicate the breakfast hours with her, and for that I sincerely apologize. I will be sure to address these issues so that it does not happen again, and so that other guests do not have the same experience that you did.
Thank you again, and I sincerely hope that we see you in the future!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I was traveling alone and had a smallish room but it was clean and comfortable. Great bed, feather pillows and a pristine white bedspread. Good location and the Assistant Manager, Alex, was extremely nice.
The exercise room is small but adequate. Someone needs to check the elliptical machine as it making unnatural noises.
Breakfast was as you would expect except there were fresh scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy.
My only complaint about this hotel and it is a BIGGIE is the coffee. Both in the room and at breakfast it is vile, virtually undrinkable swill. Marriott dictates the choice of coffee so it is not the local hotel that is falling down on the job. Time to wake up Marriott!! Coffee drinkers beware!
That is the only reason I did not give five stars on this review.
Overall I would stay again. There were families present as well as a few business people. It was a comfortable place.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor and it was quiet except you can hear plumbing noises from other rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rita R
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Rita, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel! It was a pleasure to meet you and I am so happy you enjoyed your stay, despite the coffee! If you are in town again I will have to recommend a few local coffee shops that you may enjoy.
I did also have our maintenance engineer look at the elliptical machine, and it has been repaired. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.
I know you said the room you had was adequate, but if you choose to stay with us again and would prefer a larger room, we do have suites available, and they are typically just about $5.00-$10.00 more than our standard rooms. So you get a little bit more room as well as a microwave and mini fridge for a small increase in price.
Thank you again for staying with us and I truly hope to see you again!
-Alex-

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a cheer event and loved it! Easy on / off access to the freeway and plenty of food options. The only negative is the pool was down for cleaning one night but at the end if the day it was ok! The breakfast was good also!
The drive was aprox 15 minutes to downtown.

Stayed: December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review of our hotel! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did. I do know the pool was closed for a bit during the weekend that you stayed, and I do sincerely apologize for that. Thankfully though, it was just a minor maintenance issue that was easily repaired. I am glad to hear that we were able to get it up and running before you left and you got to enjoy a swim!
It's also really nice to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. Many of our guests love the new hot items that we offer. We have even started making biscuits and gravy on some mornings, so if you happen to stay with us again you will have that to look forward to.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Hotel was very clean, comfortable, convenient location off a major highway and affordable .. Platinum status so was offered a king suite (greatly appreciated) and would highly recommend
if in the area ..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Benrick, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us recently, and for taking the time to review our hotel. Your kind words are much appreciated, and I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I am happy you enjoyed your suite; complimentary upgrades are just one of the many great benefits of being an Elite Marriott Rewards member, and we are always happy to upgrade our Elite guests as long as we have the availability. We know that our rewards members, espcially our Platinum guests, travel quite a bit and are very loyal to the Marriott brand. We make it a priority to ensure that they feel at home and are given the type of service that will make them want to return again and again. We wish you a very Happy New Year, and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

This hotel was great. Very clean, convenient to the highway yet quiet. My 2 friends and I had no complaints other than maybe the size of the room. However, having stayed at several Fairfields, I was not surprised. Overall, would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am very pleased to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay...Louisville is definitely a fun city to venture down to for a weekend getaway. If you choose to stay with us again, and would prefer a larger room, you may want to consider booking one of our suites. They are typically priced only about $5.00 to $10.00 more than our standard rooms, but are larger as they include a sitting area with couch and second TV, and they also come equipped with a microwave and minifridge.
I am very glad to hear that you would return if you do come to Louisville again, and we certainly look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Was planning some sightseeing in the area and after reviewing Trip Advisor, this hotel stood out as a good value for the money and it became an even better value when it popped up as a Marriott E-Break option for the weekend we were there. We chose the King Suite which was quite spacious and well laid out. The location was within 15-20 minutes from the major local tourist sites and easy access to several local highways. Plenty of places nearby to eat. Hot and Cold breakfast was included. 24 hour coffee was available. The included internet was an acceptable speed. The TV channel selection was quite large. Bed was comfortable. Towels were generally fine. Maid service was good. Only minor issue was heating was loud but otherwise a fully positive experience and I would happily stay there again if I return to Louisville. Overall, Marriott has made the Fairfield chain to be quite acceptable and continues to tweak and improve it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Louisville! I'm glad you mentioned the fact that you booked using the Marriott E-Breaks discount! We like to make the E-Breaks available to our valued Marriott Rewards members, especially during the slower holiday times, but so few people ever take advantage of that discount.
I agree that we are very close to all of the great attractions and restaurants that Louisville has to offer. This makes the hotel's location ideal, as we are located in a very quiet, safe area of town, yet you do not feel like you have to drive all over the city to find something fun to do or somewhere great to eat. If you do return to Louisville some time, feel free to stop by the front desk and we would be happy to give you suggestions of some of our great local restaurants for you to try,
I would also like to thank you for complimenting all of the amenities we have to offer! We have been working hard to constantly make improvements to reflect the needs/wants of our guests, and it's really nice to hear that you enjoyed all that we had to offer.
I hope you made it home safely! We look forward to welcoming you back to Louisville in the future!