“Clean and Comfortable Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East
Ranked #37 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Princess Anne, Maryland
“Clean and Comfortable Hotel”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The hotel is very modern, clean, and comfortable. I enjoyed my 3 nights at the hotel. The staff was warm and hospitable, especially the room attendant who took care of my room. The room attendant put some personal touches in the room, such as making a shirt and tie out of a towel and placing my toiletries on it. It was a very cool little personal touch. The front desk staff was very helpful ensuring I had directions when I needed them and giving a list of restaurants. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Alexandra B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Mikem0513, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us recently, and for taking the time to write such a positive review of our hotel! We sincerely appreciate the feedback that our guests provide, and we especially love to hear about it when our guests really enjoyed their time with us!
We have a couple of housekeepers here that are very talented with their towel designs, and I'm so happy to see that you received that little personal touch! It's always a nice surprise to come back to your room and see something like that, which was unexpected and just brightens your day a little. I will pass your compliments on to the housekeeper that serviced your room!
I will also share your kind comments with our front desk staff. They work very hard day in and day out to ensure that all of our guests feel welcome, that their needs are met, and to ensure that their stay is problem and stress free.
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Thank you and your staff for providing a comfortable and clean stay while in Louisville. The rooms were very clean and well appointed. The staff, particularly the housekeeper cleaning my room, did a fantastic job! The extra personal touches added by the staff made the stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Mike M., thank you so very much for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel! Our guests' feedback is very important to us, and we take it very seriously. We especially love it when our guests have a great experience with us and then choose to share that experience!
The entire staff here, from the front desk, to housekeeping, to breakfast, all truly care about every one of our guests that walk through our doors. Our goal is to make sure that you are given a room that is neat, clean, and that reflects the hihest quality standards, that you are given the type of service that will make you want to return, and that your stay is problem and stress free. It's great to hear that we were able to do this for you. I will certainly share your compliments with the staff!
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Rooms were nice, quiet, except for loud furnace noise in bathroom. Continental breakfast was okay. Staff friendly. Then we were evacuated because of a carbon monoxide leak. We had to move to another hotel and Fairfield reimbursed us and gave us a free night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ccwriter16
Alexandra B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Ccwriter16, Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us recently, and for taking the time to review our hotel. The opinions of our guests mean a great deal to us, and we truly appreciate you sharing your feedback.
During you stay, our boiler exhaust fan malfunctioned, and the air in the boiler room was not able to vent properly. This set the alarm off in the boiler room. Once that alarm went off we immediately notified the fire department. At that time it was determined that the best course of action would be to evacuate the hotel, in order to ensure the safety of our guests and employees. The hotel was completely evacuated within a matter of minutes. Shortly after the hotel was evacuated we made the call to relocate all guests to a nearby hotel of comparable quality, and take care of all room charges for that evening. We wanted to be sure that our guests were taken care of, and that they were safe and comfortable.
Should you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Our stay was excellent is all regards. From the well-appointed immaculate facility to the knowledgeable helpful staff to the delicious breakfast, our experience could not have been better. Our stay coincided with a winter storm and the staff was exceptionally helpful and attentive in managing the extenuating circumstances.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Alexandra B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
CMT502, thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review of our hotel! I am so pleased ot hear that you had such a wonderful stay! Our entire staff, from the front desk, to housekeeping, to breakfast, to our laundry department all genuinely care so much about this hotel and our guests, and they work tirelessly each and every day to ensure that our guetss are well taken care of. I will be sure to share your comments with them, as it is very rewarding for them to hear from our guests that they are doing a great job. I know we have had some abysmal weather lately, and I am so glad we were able to provide you with accomidations that were clean, comfortable, WARM, and safe!
Thank you again for you kind words. We sincerely look forward to having the opportunity to serve you in the future!
Asheville
Reviewed 2 March 2014

that I have ever stayed in!..It is right off the expressway. We stayed on the backside of the hotel, which was away from the expressway and never heard ANY noise....When we arrived, we noticed a school bus arriving with a bus full of students..even with this we never heard noise!!..we arrived early and check in was not a problem.when we arrived to our room, there was not a refrigerator or microwave.I went back to front desk and asked if there was a room available with microwave and refrigerator. I was immediately upgraded to a room with these amenities. Front desk was covered by a young lady named Taylor.. She was most pleasant, helpful and genuinely friendly. hot breakfast served between 6-10. we had planned to stay 2 nights, but weather predictions suggested we start home early..no problems at all cancelling reservation. beds very comfy..Thanks Taylor for the great service! Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank redbeulah0
Alexandra B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Redbeulah0, thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a positive review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did!
I am so happy we were able to provide you with a suite, which has a few amenities that our standard rooms do not offer, such as a mini fridge and microwave, as well as an additional sitting area and second TV. One great aspect about our suites is the fact that they are typically priced just about $5.00-$10.00 more than our standard rooms. Also please note...we do offer mini fridges in a number of our rooms with two queen size beds, so that is always an option for you as well, if you happen to be traveling with several people and need the additional bed.
I am also really pleased to hear that you enjoyed a restful, quiet night! This hotel's location is ideal because it is in a quiet, safe area of town, but still within an easy 15-20 minute drive to they myriad restaurants and attractions that Louisville has to offer!
I will also be sure to share you compliments with Taylor. She is an exceptional employee who strives to go above and beyond to serve our guests, and we are truly fortunate to have her. It is so nice for our employees to receive comments from our guests like yours, because it encourages them and lets them know they are doing a great job. Thank you so much.
We look forward to serving you in the future!
Wadesville, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is a nice hotel, I never felt unsafe. Very friendly desk personnel when we checked in.. We choose this hotel because we needed an early breakfast on the weekend and they serve beginning at 6 AM. One person in our group slept on the fold out and said it was comfy.

I had asked for a late check out due to having to depart so early in the morning and we were only going a mile away. Was hoping to return after the event to get our stuff. They could not give me an answer the night before, said they had to wait for the cleaning staff to arrive at 8 AM (we had to leave by 7 AM) The front desk called my phone to say they could not give me a late check out so I had to return mid-event. Check out is noon and I was asking to stay till 1:00.

NOTE: JUST A WARNING, IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR ROOM DON'T EXPECT IT TO BE FIXED. When we arrived in our room on Friday evening it was very dark. The light by the door was not working so we had to feel our way into the room to find a lamp and the switch for it. I reported the problem to the front desk and the pleasant young woman came to our room to see about fixing the problem. Since it was late and she would need a ladder to change the bulb I assured her it would be fine if she submitted a work order and have it fixed in the morning when room service was preformed. When we arrived back in our room later the next day the light still did not work. I checked with the front desk and was told maintenance was not preformed on the weekend.

If management wishes to contact me for further information I was in room 102 on Feb 21 & 22, 2014. Thank you, I'm not trying to "blackball" this hotel, just pointing out problems I had. I'm willing to give this hotel another try.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Alexandra B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Momgs, thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with this feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Louisville East. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to bring these issues to my attention so that I may take the necessary steps to ensure that our future guests do not experience these same problems. We are deeply committed to providing our guests with exceptional service, and I am so disappointed and sorry to hear that we completely failed to follow through on this committment.
Please know that we do our very best to accomodate late check out requests, based upon our availability. I am very sorry that we were not able to honor this request for you.
The fact that you were told that maintenance is not performed here on the weekends is simply not true. We do not have an engineer on property every day, but we have a sister property down the road that we can call and ask for help when maintenance related issues occur during the days that our maintenance engineer is off property. The entire staff knows this and I will certainly be speaking with the associate that told you that. Even if that was not the case, there are several associates on property at all times, and any one of them could have taken five minutes out of their day to cange your light bulb.
I completely understand your frustrations and again, I thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. I will be contacting you shortly to discuss this matter further.
I do hope to be able to regain your trust. I would love for us to have another opportunity to serve you.
MA.
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I'm just not too sure about this one. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and wanted to stay in a place that was easy on and off the highway. Except for meeting a friend for dinner and going to the Louisville Slugger Museum and Bat Factory, I was only "passing through." The parking area was not as well maintained as it should have been. I realize Kentucky isn't as prepared for weather related issues as we here in the Northeast are, but the lot should have been cleared of ice and snow. Also, there were several people lurking on the side of the hotel when I arrived. Perhaps they worked there and were on a break. I don't know. It just made me uncomfortable. As an older woman traveling alone, safety is a BIG concern. The room was clean but the bed wasn't very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JosieMa_
Alexandra B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
JosieMa, I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are constantly striving to improve our level of service in order to ensure that our guests have the best possible experience when staying with us. Your feedback is highly valuable to us, and we take your comments very seriously. We put forth every effort to make sure that each and every one of our guests feels welcome, "at home", safe, and that all of their needs are met. I am truly disappointed that we were unable to do this for you.
We did have several weeks of inclement weather and frigid temperatures, but I assure you that we made every effort to keep our lot as clear as possible. We did have our lot plowed and treated with ice melt every time we were hit with a snowstorm. Unfortunatly, when the hotel is full our landscaping company is unable to plow every inch of our lot due to the fact that there are many cars taking up the majority of our parking spaces.
I noticed that you also commented on the fact that you saw people lurking around outside the hotel. Because we are a 100% smoke free hotel, and this is a policy that we strictly enforce, many of our guests will simply walk down the stairs and out the side door to have a smoke. I am sure that that is all you were seeing. We are located on a very safe and quiet end of town, and the vast majority of our guests are business travelers.
Again, I thank you for your comments and I apologize that you found your stay to be less than satisfactory. I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and prove to you that we really are an exceptional hotel!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville East
Comfort Suites East
#4 of 9 in Jeffersontown
Staybridge Suites Louisville East
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East? Share your experiences!