“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Cadillac, Michigan
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

This hotel was beautiful in every aspect. Erin checked us in and couldn't have have been more pleasant and welcoming as were all the staff. We were traveling through Louisville and I would definitely stay here again if the opportunity was presented.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Euless, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

This Marriott has been renovated from top to bottom and is awesome! This is where I will book a stay when traveling on business into Louisville, KY. If you are looking for the full service experience and you do not need to be downtown, then stay here. It is nice and the rooms are immaculate with new standalone showers. The staff is great and will go that extra mile for you. The food here is great along with the concierge lounge. If you want to dine outside the hotel, it's in close vicinity to a ton of top notch restaurants. Parking was free.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
st louis mo.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

Hotel is brand new being only 7 months old.very clean rooms,lobby,etc.visited this city and hotel for the first time for anniversary and was impressed.Kenny waited on me at front desk and was very knowledgeable about city,places to go,restaurants,events etc.Kenny gave me very good customer service!!Try the all you can eat breakfast bar in the hotel and visit the ALI museum,must haves!! Louisville Marriott East hotel and city of Louisville,my spouse and I will be back,this time with the kids.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gervais y
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed here with a family of 30 people. The hotel was very welcoming. Our family spent a lot of time together in the lobby and service was attentive. I would recccomend this hotel over others in Louisville. Brand new renovation makes this place sparkle. Breakfast service was under staffed and a bit slow. Other than that it was worth the money.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JeffreyThompson, General Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on your recent stay. Your feedback is very much appreciated and will help us continue to provide the highest level of service and satisfaction to our guest. Thank you again for choosing the Marriott Louisville East and we look forward to seeing you and your group again in the future.

Jeff Thompson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

I've stayed at this Marriott quite a bit for business (20 days in November and so far, 8 days in December). I prefer the Embassy Suites to this hotel both for the price and for the accomodations/service. Being a business traveler, the Marriott has been my home for the past 6 weeks. So, if the review sounds a bit detailed and picky...remember I am living here, so you're right, I probably am being overly detailed and picky.
This hotel is very nice-newly renovated. The lobby is beautiful and the bar is well-appointed. With the exception of the creepy horse head picture, the hotel room is nicely decorated--mirrors, lamps, bedroom furniture--all very nice. TV is new--HD Flat Screen. HBO is included.
The bathroom is nicely laid out with a roomy, glass-enclosed shower. They provide the Marriott-signature scented Bath & Bodyworks shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion (orange-ginger). The hair dryer is nothing special...but NOT being attached to the wall makes the hairdryer AWESOME! There is an easy to use, 1-cup coffee maker. If coffee isn't your thing, they provide a selection of teas. There is a mini-fridge. There is no microwave. So, if you want to heat up the leftovers...forget it. (Se sure to check out my tip re: adjoining rooms...)
The beds are the most comfortable beds you'll ever sleep in. There is a creepy horse-head close-up photo hanging above your bed, but don't worry, you're in KY...there are horse heads everywhere. If you don't like sleeping adjacent to a creepy photo of a horse head, that's ok, because using the room darkening curtains will do the trick. Once the lights are out and those curtains are closed...you can't see a thing.
If you are scared of the dark, they have the mesh curtains...and they give enough privacy that you can parade around in the nude without any concerns.
Lately, there has been media attention about security breaches at hotels that use locks manufactured by Onity. I don’t know if you are safer here (or not), but the Marriott's locks are not those that were portrayed in the media account. Also, the room comes standard with a safe that is the perfect size for a laptop.
What does NOT come included in your room?
If you choose to drink that dusty liter of water…it will cost you $3.50.
Internet access…yours for only $9.95.
Breakfast? No free breakfast here! They have room service. For $9.00 + a 20% service charge + sales tax, you can get a serving of oatmeal. Yes, you read that right…$10.80 plus tax for 440 calories. If you can hold out, there is a Starbucks and a McDonalds just up the street…you can get your oatmeal there.
Housekeeping is hit or miss. If you use your glasses, they probably won't be replaced. My housekeeper keeps forgetting to empty my trashcan. They have the trashcan on the far end of the room...so maybe she doesn't see it...I don't know. As I mentioned at the beginning of my review, I have stayed here a lot over the past 6 weeks, but there have been 2 times that housekeeping did not clean my room...I'm not sure why--I left at 7:30 and returned at 7. I didn't hang the 'do not disturb' sign...I think they just forgot. The evening housekeeper was very nice about getting me a clean towel and more coffee for the next morning.
And here is the last thing--I am on my 8th consecutive day here--but, they have not changed my sheets yet. I will ask housekeeping for fresh linens tomorrow, but it doesn't seem like something I should have to ask for. Housekeeping at the Embassy Suites will change your sheets after 2 days...maybe it's 3...either way, it isn't something you have to request.
I hope this review is helpful

Room Tip: The entryway has tile flooring. This area includes the closet, a nook where the coffee maker and min...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Aed79108
Thank you for taking the time to review your multiple visits at the Marriott Louisville East. Your feedback is very appreciated and will help us continue to provide the very highest level of service and satisfaction that guests expect from Marriott brands. I appreciate the detailed account of your likes and dislikes of the hotel. We are constantly striving to improve the guest experience and your description only helps in our efforts. I hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you.

We would love to see you again soon. Please let me know if i can be of any assistance in planning your next stay at the Marriott Louisville East.
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

I've stayed at many Marriott locations. This one is above average. It's in an industrial neighbourhood but the facility look and smell newer than many other place. It's probably the one owns by Mr. Marriott instead of a corporate chain.

The room's decor is nice, with ample lighting to brighten up the room when you needed. Very decent size flat screen TV. No lodge Net so you can't use you phone apps to control the TV and get the local channel line up.

The bathroom is clean, but no tub, just a shower. If you need to find room with a bath tub, ask the front desk, maybe there's room with a tub?

I didn't know my room was next door to the elevator. I arrived late Sunday night, too dark to see any surrounding and thought maybe there's a light rail transit out site the hotel room that come and go. I found out the next day but too situated to pack up and leave. The Bose QC headphones actually saves my sanity on this stay.

But - be warned: Make sure you stay away from the elevator, at least do not stay in the two rooms adjacent to the elevator!

Because of the elevator noise that can drive you insane, I reduce my rating to three instead of 5 stars.

Room Tip: Make sure front desk can keep you at least one room away from the elevator. Other wise, you can insa...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments and feedback on your recent stay at the Marriott Louisville East. The hotel opened on June 21,2012 after an extensive $32 million renovation. We recently replaced our rollers on the elevator to reduce the noise. We are still working out the kinks and I do apologize that the noise affected your stay. We have contacted the elevator company to come adjust the rollers again.

I hope you give the Marriott Louisville East another opportunitly in the future when you travel to the Louisville area.

Take care,
Paoli, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

We stayed just one night and were very impressed. The lobby is beautifully renovated and so are the rooms. We used the spa and pool area and it was very clean and tidy. The beds were comfortable and room very clean. There are many restaurants in the area and plenty of shopping. This hotel is so nice it seems out of place in the area it is located (between two car dealerships!). We would definately return when in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent stay at the Marriott Louisville East. Our hotel location is fantastic for dining and shopping and we receive many positive comments from guests about the variety of things to do near the hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to your next visit with us.

Jeff Thompson