“Lovely hotel, great staff.”

Louisville Marriott East
Ranked #3 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Los Angeles
“Lovely hotel, great staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Nice location, tons of restaurants and shopping in the area. Within a short drive there are lots of fast casual (as well as nicer) restaurants so you've got options. As everyone's said, the hotel was nicely renovated recently and shows it. It's mid-sized with an indoor pool, nice workout room, modern rooms with all the amenities. Staff are excellent with a real devotion to helping you.

Room Tip: Nice concierge level
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kris T, Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Marriott Louisville East. We’re pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were at the hotel on business. It has been updated and is now a lovely contemporary styled hotel. The pool is indoors, which is nice for kids. The restaurant, Charr'd, is in an open area in the lobby. Try their signature chicken dishes. Drinks are good. Location is just off an interstate ramp, and near dozens of restaurants and shops.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with Marriott Louisville East during your visit to Louisville. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again very soon!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed one night in May. The outside of the hotel looks dated but the inside has been totally renovated the interior. The lobby and bar looks very nice. The room was great. What I liked about the hotel was that it was bourbon themed (didnt know that before). The bar had a great selection of bourbon and some very hard to find ones (Pappy van winkle for instance).
We ate at the bar and found the food very good. Every staff member we spoke to was very friendly and helpful. overall a very nice stay

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kris T, Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this review, 3 July 2014

Wilmore, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We spent the night here for our anniversary. The motel is somewhat deceptive from the outside. Our initial impression from the outside was that this is a very dated motel. However, Marriott has completely renovated the interior. The Bourbon theme lounge was well stocked, but quaint. We really enjoyed interacting with the very friendly restaurant and lounge staff. Overall, this is a must stay again motel.
However, you will notice that I only give four stars. There is a reason: upon arrival we received our initial room assignment. When we entered the room there was a foul smell of sewage wafting through the room. We were somewhat confused with the situation. How could such a clean room and beautifully appointed motel have a room that smelled like crap? The room itself was exceptionally clean. Anyway, I called down to the desk and shared our finding and the clerk apologized and upgraded our room. I cannot say enough about the staff and their professional courtesy. The second room was perfectly clean and smelled fresh too.
Normally, I write extensive reviews, but in this case the motel was as close to a perfect stay, albeit somewhat pricey, to say much more other than it is a must stay.

Room Tip: For a less expensive rate go directly to the Marriott website. We saved $30.00.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
We wish to thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. We strive to provide excellent customer service and amenities at Marriott Louisville East, and we’re pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. Think about us the next time you visit Louisville – we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Spring Hill, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just got back from a 2 night stay at this beautiful hotel! I cannot say enough positive things about the excellent staff and outstanding customer service we received during our stay. This hotel is extremely well run and it shows. From the front desk staff, to the servers in the lounge, to the housekeeping.....OUTSTANDING! The hotel is newly renovated and beautifully kept. The room was spacious and the bed a dream! HIGHLY recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SamSpringHill_TN
Kris T, Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this review, 11 June 2014

Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Marriott brand hotels are my preference. I came in around 5 and was told they did not have my confirmed king room, and asked if a queen was okay. I said it was not. They then found an accessible king room. The concierge lounge was small and crowded, but the staff was pleasant and the food offerings were good. (Great fried chicken the evening I was there and plenty of fruit in the morning.)

The restaurant had good reviews, but my experience through room service was not great. I ordered the burgoo and a chicken dish, and both were too salty to eat. The burgoo would otherwise have been pretty yummy.

All in all, I will probably stay in the Residence Inn that is a bit closer to my meeting in the future. There is nothing especially wrong with this Marriott, but I value my reservation being honored and room service at Marriott properties and this one fell short on both counts.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Marriott Louisville East, but I regret to learn of your dissatisfaction with not receiving your preferred room type. We do our best to provide each guest with the highest level of customer service. We’d love to see you again soon. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next stay.

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I would rate the Marriott East, Louisville, as one of the flagship hotels in the Marriott chain. My experience there was completely fulfilling, while amazed and grateful for the constant effort on customer service. Wherever I met a hotel employee, I was greeted with a smile, a hello, often with my name, and “are you enjoying your stay with us, and is there anything I can do to help make your stay more enjoyable.” The rooms are large and spacious, recently updated. The beds are terrific! Soft down comforters and bedding, plenty of embracing pillows, all the while, emitting a very pleasant fragrance. Charr’d certainly exceeds the traditional hotel restaurant. While there are few specials, the offerings are well seasoned, plentiful, and seasoned to perfection. I highly recommend the pork chop, and all the vegetables are fresh from area farmer’s markets. Breakfast can be off the standard menu or a scrumptious buffet…..which I highly recommend. A long spacious line of hot and cold items are quite a wake-up call. The foods offerings are changed regularly to they appear to be fresh from the kitchen. I highly recommend the omelet station, biscuits and gravy, bacon and eggs, and a delightful melody of fresh fruit, cut while waiting. Coffee is rich Starbucks, and the cream – well no half and half here. It’s real cream folks! A special note, to entice locals in the area, theirs is a 20% discount off all meal service for people in the greater Louisville area who aren’t staying at the hotel. I did have in-room dining for breakfast on one occasion, and it was served promptly and with a smile. The coffee was a bit warm for my taste and was immediately replaced with a fresh, hot steaming, brew. Although this is a wonderful hotel, well situated in Louisville’s East End, it does have certain challenges. For example, as a person requiring accessible rooms, I was disappointed for find them located at the end of the halls, far from the elevator. The extra plush sound absorbing, hallway carpeting, made moving in a wheelchair difficult, But, again to customer service, Marriott would offer wheelchair service to anyone to who needed mobility assistance. All I had to do was call the front desk, and a smiling face appeared to transport me to the lobby. The bathrooms are large, but the toilets are quite short. Again, to meet the client needs, the hotel does supply toppers to increase the height. Unfortunately the furniture in the room was meant for standard fare. One suggestion I might make would be for the hotel to buy a supply of lift chairs and make them available to rooms when needed. They could even be rented for a small fee daily, and in no time, the hotel would have their investment returned. The hotel would be wise to ask a person needed assistance on ways to make their accessible rooms more inviting and comfortable. I do want to single one staff member who was exceptionally kind and helpful in transporting me, and always providing assistance whenever asked. I would definitely introduce myself to Lincoln, who works the afternoon/evening shift. He reflects the outstanding customer service by constantly going out of his way to make your stay super enjoyable and “cool”. When in Louisville, whether for business or pleasure, this is your destination. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are approximately 400 square foot. East facing rooms on the high floor show the Louisvill...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bigivy1
Kris T, Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with Marriott Louisville East during you recent visit to Louisville. It is always our goal to provide excellent customer service to our guests, so we’re happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. Please think of us next time you’re in town!