“Terrific Tour”

City Taste Tours
Ranked #2 of 32 Tours in Louisville
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: City Taste Tours combines Highlights and Sights with Bourbon and Bites! Our top rated city tour and other fun Louisville tours all include a unique twist and are perfect for fun loving locals & tourists who want to make the most of their trip to Louisville. The "Everything You Should See, Know & Taste While You're in Louisville" tour is offered both morning and afternoon and is a fun combination of sightseeing, tasting, history and stories of Louisville and numerous stops into different neighborhoods, well known landmarks and quaint local Mom & Pops. It will provide you with a great overview of the city including little tastes of foods and drinks unique to Louisville; Benedictine, Derby Pie, a fun twist on the Hot Brown, Mint Julep, Honey Bourbon and even more tasty surprises. We strive hard to give our guests a real overall "taste" of the city and a very fun time!
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Terrific Tour”
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Moved to Louisville about 18 months ago, and decided to do the sites and sweets tour while my daughters were visiting us for Easter. We had a great time, visited some neat places and learned some interesting Louisville history and facts along the way. We'll definitely do this again when other family members visit.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Made my trip to Kentucky/Southern Indiana the best ever!”
Reviewed 14 April 2011

This tour was so much fun! I learned so many interesting things about the history of the Louisville area. We went to all the places I would have wanted to see on my own and places I wouldn't have know about on my own. Our tour guide made it all memorable by explaining the important events and providing facts about each area we visited. Plus we got to taste some of the foods special to the region. This was the best part! Bring a camera and your appetite. I would recommend this tour to anybody; it was AWESOME!!!

1 Thank gablovesbooks
Shawnee Mission, Kansas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Outstanding tour - great combination of food and sight seeing”
Reviewed 10 April 2011

This tour is outstanding. Eli and Leslie were great tour guides and every stop was informative and fun. I went on the sights and sweets tour and it was a great experience. highly recommended!!!

San Diego, California
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 3 April 2011

We would like to thank Eli and Leslie for giving our group such a lovely tour of Louisville! We came to KY for the National Conference for Family Literacy and wanted to explore the city. The tour was very detailed and was very thorough. We all learned so much today. Oh and thanks ladies for letting us take so many pictures......we can't wait to get home and share them with our families in San Diego!!!!!

I would definitely recommend this tour to everyone!!
The food samples were delicious, especially the butter-kooken.

Toledo, OH
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“VERY Fun and Informative!”
Reviewed 24 March 2011

My Mom, sisters and I went on the "Sights and Sweets" tour on a Saturday morning. Leslie and Eli were our hosts, and did a wonderful job of entertaining us with all kinds of Louisville and Jeffersonville history. I'm not a history buff, so for me to be entertained by this really speaks volumes! We also got to taste some of the area's finest sweets, which is what interested me when we signed up - I was not disappointed! We never felt rushed, and had plenty of time to buy extra treats to bring home. A bonus at the end of the tour was going through a beautiful Victorian mansion. The bus even picked us up and dropped us off at the Expo Center, where we were attending another event. I would highly recommend this tour, and would love to take another of their tours if I am ever back in Louisville.

Visited March 2011