“Amazing Service!”

City Taste Tours
Ranked #2 of 33 Tours in Louisville
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: City Taste Tours combines Highlights and Sights with Bourbon and Bites! Our top rated city tour and other fun Louisville tours all include a unique twist and are perfect for fun loving locals & tourists who want to make the most of their trip to Louisville. The "Everything You Should See, Know & Taste While You're in Louisville" tour is offered both morning and afternoon and is a fun combination of sightseeing, tasting, history and stories of Louisville and numerous stops into different neighborhoods, well known landmarks and quaint local Mom & Pops. It will provide you with a great overview of the city including little tastes of foods and drinks unique to Louisville; Benedictine, Derby Pie, a fun twist on the Hot Brown, Mint Julep, Honey Bourbon and even more tasty surprises. We strive hard to give our guests a real overall "taste" of the city and a very fun time!
Reviewed 29 August 2011

As an event planner in Chicago, I was amazed at this tour. The tour Guide, Leslie, made us feel like we were friends visiting her from out of town. She customized the tour, picked us up at our hotel, dropped us off where we requested, and all for an extremely
reasonable price. We were treated like VIP for 4 hours. We emailed her a list of things we read about and she organized everything! We had outrageous requests that she accommodated; she literally laid on the ground to take photos for us. She adjusts the schedule of the tour if you like something more or need more time, etc. She returned my calls immediately, and was available for help outside of the tour when I had silly tourist questions regarding restaurants, cabs, etc. She is informative, knowledgeable, kind, fun, personable, and overall a pleasure to be around. If you Visit Louisville, you absolutely must go on a tour with City Taste Tours!

2  Thank Bonnie259

Reviewed 19 August 2011

My husband and I did the city taste tours based on the recommendations from trip advisor and it was so worth it. The tour guides were amazing and informative and knowledgeable about the area. We saw some amazing things that we never would have saw as a regular tourist in Louisville. We saw this amazing candy shop / museum, the ohio river falls park, jefferson square, the highlands, and butcher and german town. We tried some great local food, including a hot brown and a very tasty roll, and some amazing candy and cookies. The metal shop we went to was also awesome. I would totally recommend this to anyone who wants to know more about the history of this city.

Reviewed 1 August 2011

Each year my sister and I set off with another set of sisters in search of fun for a long weekend. This year it was my turn to pick the destination, and I chose Louisville KY. As I was doing my research, I came upon an ad for this tour. We don't normally do tours, but we couldn't resist this one in particular. The City Taste Tours was fun, funky and fabulous. We all had such a great time and got to see some of Louisville that we probably would have missed.
The women who run this tour are great!!!! The cost was affordable and I would definitely recommend this to anyone who loves food. The best part of the tour was something called a "BACON DONUT" OMG, I have never had anything so good in my whole life. It will always be one of the "Best Things I've Ever Eaten".

4  Thank RedWingsRock
Reviewed 4 June 2011

A friend & I took the tour in May while our husbands attended a conference. As it turned out there were only 2 of us on the tour. When the tour ended, we both felt like we had a top notch private tour. Eli was both our tour guide and our driver. Our tour started out in Indiana with our first stop at Schimpff's Confectionary & tastes of their homemade chocolates & candy. We went to more sites in IN including the Falls of the Ohio River and we tasted the Benedictine Sandwich & the Hot Brown. Then it was back to Louisville & its attractions. I can't remember all of them but for me some highlights were the Cave Hill Cemetery, Bardstown Rd. area, Old Louisville plus an added stop at St. Martin of Tours Church. This was my first food tour anywhere & I'm eager to try one in another city. This tour provided an incredible amount of information on Louisville & Eli was an excellent tour guide. I also thought it was a great value for the money.

2  Thank Virginia2002
Reviewed 15 May 2011

That being said, it is a great concept and the owners were very kind and fun. When booking via email, the respondent was prompt, flexible, and nice. On the day of the tour, which was the Sunday after the Derby, we came to the location 25 minutes early. The bus arrived over 10 minutes late, which we were told was because one of the hotel pick-up groups was not "ready." While waiting, I attempted to call the provided number twice and received the "busy" signal. We did the 'Taste & Tour' for $49 each. The information is great & stops are interesting for out-of-towners. We each tasted a fried green tomato, 1/2 of a butter roll, piece of 'Fish' candy, and bacon covered donut. The ladies forgot to get beverages, so we had no water or anything else provided. We were dropped off just before the time, so in total it was probably 2 hours & 40 minutes, which included a bakery stop & historic house/ museum stop. I asked the ladies later if group discounts were offered, as our group was 7 people, and they said for groups of 10 or more. $343 seemed like a very large amount for what we were provided. I would suggest that if you are a group of 2, it may be worth it because it is their own independent business, but it was slightly disappointing for us.

4  Thank COhotelcritic