“Tour of my new town”

City Taste Tours
Ranked #2 of 33 Tours in Louisville
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: City Taste Tours combines Highlights and Sights with Bourbon and Bites! Our top rated city tour and other fun Louisville tours all include a unique twist and are perfect for fun loving locals & tourists who want to make the most of their trip to Louisville. The "Everything You Should See, Know & Taste While You're in Louisville" tour is offered both morning and afternoon and is a fun combination of sightseeing, tasting, history and stories of Louisville and numerous stops into different neighborhoods, well known landmarks and quaint local Mom & Pops. It will provide you with a great overview of the city including little tastes of foods and drinks unique to Louisville; Benedictine, Derby Pie, a fun twist on the Hot Brown, Mint Julep, Honey Bourbon and even more tasty surprises. We strive hard to give our guests a real overall "taste" of the city and a very fun time!
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I had a friend in town from Texas and as I am new to this area we decided to tour Louisville together. It was informative and very well like by both of us. The taste we just the exact amount and the knowledge I learned was great. I saw new places that I have never knew existed here in Louisville. I already have told some coworkers about it and they plan to book too when they have guest in town. Better than trying to tour them yourself!!

There are newer reviews for City Taste Tours

Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is a must do for any trip to Louisville! Leslie is a font of knowledge regarding the city, its sights, its history, and its legends. She maintains a commentary as she drives through the city & I mean through the city. We saw almost all there is to see including from the Indiana side. She stopped at a lot of interesting places including candy stores, old town Louisville, Churchill Downs, the Slugger Museum, and a famous little cookie shop. At most stops we had samples and she bombarded us with tastes of many different bourbons & bourbon concoctions, as well as mint juleps and Louisville specialties such as hot brown (pizza) and derby pie. It was a long ride but it was broken up with various visits and lots of laughs. The only problem was that the air conditioning in the van just couldn't keep up. Great way to decide what to go back to visit after the tour.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Be sure to start any visit to Louisville with this tour. It is great! Leslie and her team do a terrific job of showing and sharing the sights of Louisville and giving delicious samplings of the foods. We saw so much on the tour that we would have missed on trying to do on our own. Plus there were plenty of stops at major attractions and shops. So much fun! The foods were from a the latest a Hot Brown pizza, Kentucky Derby Pie, huge cookies, tea sandwich, chocolates, candies and more. Plus there were numerous Bourbon drinks to taste too, including a "Mint Julep!"
Having gone on the tour first helped us plan the rest of our visit. To us it was a major highlight of our visit to Louisville.
Be sure to take it first when arriving in Louisville!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Leslie, our guide and owner of this company, has done a wonderful job of weaving together sights, history and tastes of this city. From a mint julep and derby pie after seeing Churchill Downs to a candy shop in Indiana before stopping to view the skyline across the river, we tasted all sorts of drinks & goodies unique and special. (You don't want to start with a full stomach!) We were entertained with stories of the people who shaped the Louisville character and saw a variety of neighborhoods and locations. It was time and money well spent and I highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

we were on a road trip time is always ticking by doing this tour made our visit to Louisville so rememberable.
I was only gutted we wasn't able to go in the sluggerhead museum as they were closing. However we would never have leant so much and see so much in one day and this we're so grateful the only thing I wish I had asked for was to stop at the federate graves to take in a moment of the sheer size and take a PIC to take home but that's it everything else was perfect thank you so much Oh Hot Brown Pizza should def stick around think history is in the making there.