“Great Tour - Mint Julep Tours”
Review of Mint Julep Tours

Mint Julep Tours
Ranked #1 of 23 Food & Drink in Louisville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mint Julep Tours is the only dedicated tour company focused on The Kentucky Bourbon Trail®. Based in Louisville, Kentucky we offer Custom and Public Bourbon Distillery Tours as well as unique Exclusive Experiences, Horse Farm Tours, Culinary Tours, City Tours, and more! As a truly one-of-a-kind tour and destination management company, Mint Julep Tours also offers transportation and event planning services with a focus on Special Events, Corporate Outings and Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties. Whether you’re traveling with us through Bourbon Country, historic Louisville, or visiting a horse farm; Kentucky provides an adventure that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Each tour is created by our inspiration and commitment to sharing Kentucky traditions. We make sure that our tours exceed expectations by offering quality itineraries packed with interesting history, fun facts, and picturesque locations resulting in truly memorable experiences. We have a love and passion for Kentucky that we are excited to share with you as our guest! The purpose of fun is to have some…So come join us!
Columbus, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Tour - Mint Julep Tours”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had a wonderful experience with Mint Julep tours. There were 3 couples in our group and we opted to take a private tour in one of Mint Julep's smaller vans. Bob W. was one of the best tour guides I've ever had the pleasure to meet, so knowledgeable about the history of the area, the horse culture and business, and ALL about Bourbon. We learned so much from him while having a great time. We took his advice on where to dine that evening (Pat's Steakhouse in Louisville) to finish off our day. We worked through one of the owners, Lisa, to arrange the tour and this was a very pleasant experience as well. We took her recommendation to make time on our tour for two horse farms and we're so glad we did. We visited Claiborne Farms, where Secretariat is buried, & took the group tour. Definitely worth the time to see these amazing horses and realize the history there. We toured Woodford Reserve and Buffalo Trace & enjoyed both. This was a full itinerary with drive time, so Lisa arranged for us to have box lunches. Everything was so nicely done from start to finish. A very enjoyable day.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank mmower

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great tour!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Went on a Mint Julep tour and it was excellent. Tommy G was fantastic tour guid, and Sidney a great driver. Learned more history and trivia about the bourbon industry, the State of Kentucky, horses and Louisville. Plus Tommy was very entertaining!

1 Thank Therese B
Lincolnshire, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Tour-- Kentucky Bourbon Tour”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Bus tour guide was very knowledgeable. The bourbon distilleries were interesting, and lunch was good! Would recommend the tour to anyone interested in bourbon, beautiful countryside, and a really nice day.

2 Thank Karen D
Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way to do Bourbon Trail and Louisville”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My tour group consisted of three guys in their 60s along with two of our sons who are in their mid-20s. First thing, I made all my arrangements through Shannon at Mint Julep. Not only was everything handled very professionally and there was frequent contact, but she was a tremendous resource for things above and beyond the tour, like restaurants. On day one we had a private tour which included the cooperage, Woodford and Buffalo Trace. Our guide Gary was incredibly helpful and knowledgable. One of us forgot his medicine prescription and Gary was super-accommodating in adjusting the schedule on the fly so that my friend could get his meds and we could still see all we wanted to. I really recommend the cooperage as an experience that you will not get anywhere else. On day two (a Thursday) we took the group tour called Horses which showed us around Louisville and took us to Churchill Downs. Our guide this time was Bob who also was incredibly knowledgeable about the city and bourbon. As we drove around we not only got to see what I now know is a beautiful city but also got to talk bourbon with an expert which really built on our tour experience from the prior day.

These tours are a tremendous value. I cannot imagine trying to see all that we did any other way. It meant a lot to me personally to do this with my son and share a unique experience with him in which we were both equal participants in learning about bourbon. My friends and I were so happy with the experience that we are now making plans for another trip with our wives.

2 Thank UncleNeilB
Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Custom Bucket List Bourbon and Horse Tour”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Always wanted to do the Bourbon Trail and go to Churchill Downs. Finally got to this following my niece's wedding in St. Louis, with my 22 year old son, 24 year old nephew and my brother-in-law, who was the father of the bride. My brother-in-law was skeptical of using a tour but by the end of the three days was the biggest proponent of doing so. The experience was awesome starting with our coordinator Shannon who put together an excellent program. Our tour guide Larry, could not have been any better! He knew horses and bourbon even better and was able to add things through discussion that we would have never been able to experience.

Our first day started with a tour of Jim Beam and then an afternoon at Churchill Downs for the Memorial Day race card. Larry's son is a trainer at the track, which made the day unbelievable. Larry said it was the mint julep that we had, but we all thought otherwise. Larry was not only was excellent at providing information on horses and bourbon but providing us with great places to have dinner in Louisville at the end of the day. Larry also took us off the beaten path to show us the Old Crow and Stizler-Weller distilleries, which are now closed.

Shannon added to the Bourbon Trail experience by adding in stops that we would have never thought of, including Wallace Station, where we had lunch on the second day, and has been highlighted on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. We had a great bourbon burger there and the desserts were too good to pass up. We also went to Match, which is a bourbon cigar bar, at the end of the day and thoroughly enjoyed it. Getting to Wallace Station required us going through horse farm country which was unbelievable after going to Buffalo Trace and Woodford Reserve.

Our final day had us going to Maker's Mark and a surprise visit to Limestone Branch-a new startup small batch distillery by two Beam brothers. We couldn't resist the Moon Pie Moonshine-which comes in the traditional moon pie flavors of vanilla, chocolate and banana. It was a treat sipping on it and eating a moon pie!

I would strongly recommend doing the Bourbon Trail with Mint Julep tours. The cost was definitely worth it! My son and nephew want to go back with their friends and have Larry as their guide!

Visited May 2014