“fun vibe”

Ranked #43 of 185 things to do in Louisville
Reviewed 26 February 2014

There are so many cool little shops and places to eat on Frankfort that I think you could go for a moth straight and not get to them all. very cool area

1  Thank WMW0166

Reviewed 21 November 2013

My friends and I enjoyed shopping in the different shops and were dropped off by taxi at the Pie Kitchen. We walked all the way down to Carmichaels's book store and back past the pie kitchen to Cafe Classico. We were dropped off around 11:00am and our taxi picked us up about 5:00pm. We were given suggestions for many restaurants, but we did not realize they did not open until 4:30pm - 5:00pm. We really enjoyed the book store, Lexie's, the fair trade store, the Pie Kitchen and Cafe Classico. Would love to return, but will bring our car next time. Our feet were killing us by the end of the day!!

3  Thank Naisy88
Reviewed 27 October 2013

if you like historical architecture you will not be disappointed. take the time to drive around the areas this fabulous city has to offer.

2  Thank Holli G
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Frankfort Avenue is a prototypical new community though it likely doesn't view itself as such. It's lined with local shops owned by local people who large serve a local clientele. The local business owners organization is well organized, passionate and also (somewhat uniquely) very caring in a way some far off corporate property manager could never be. It's spread out. You'd be hard pressed to walk it from one end to the other and get in everything you would want to see but parking is free and plentiful so you find a place to stop, park get out, walk, shop and then repeat. The area is loosely themed, but not in the same manner as many new urban districts. It's difficult to tell exactly where The Avenue begins and ends.

Since moving back to Indianapolis a few years ago, I have been so disappointed in Indy's so-called renaissance. It lacks imagination and excitement. It is merely a corporate money printing machine with little concern or interest in what the customer wants. Just give them what works everywhere else appears to be the Indy mantra. Not so, Louisville. There's an energy here that is missing in my community, and I am insanely jealous. This is what I was looking for when I came back. I finally found it...in Louisville. Kudos to the "owners" of Frankfort Avenue. Well done.

4  Thank RjSharpe
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Home of the Original Comfy Cow!! This street has a lot to just drive by and look at..... if you are pressed for time, just drive through it all and you will get the feel of it. It didn't look like something we would enjoy with a four year old, so a drive by was good enough and gave us great entertainment! Very neat area!

1  Thank JoshandJenny C