“Cooked your way.”

60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Cooked your way.”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Definitely worth seeing even If you sometimes have a bit of bad luck like me. 1st day we arrived at 4:35 it closes at 4:45. My fault. So, go early. 2nd day there was a freak Louisville snow storm and it was closed because of inclement weather. Mother natures fault. 3rd day we made it in. We stopped at the front gate and the guide said welcome back I'm glad you made it. He was very knowledgeable and gave us a map showing the points of interest. The roads have color coded center lines for easily identifying your route. But the roads were still snow covered and no lines were visible. We became hopelessly lost but this was a good thing. We were able to see head stones from basic through ornate. There were fabulous monuments and mausoleums. Not points of interest, but beautiful. We did manage to see Col. Harlan Sanders of KFC beautiful monument. I think everyone stops here and takes photo's of them together with the Col. Overall, definitely worth going, even if it takes 3 tries.

Visited November 2013

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beautiful and serene”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I go to Cave Hill Cemetery for a moment of quiet and to feed the ducks, sometimes with my children, sometimes without. The landscaping is beautiful and feels more like a park than a cemetery. You can drive through or (as I prefer) park and walk through. There are some very beautiful monuments that are photo worthy. Cave Hill is a peaceful place to go for some quiet reflection or just to relax and enjoy nature.

Visited October 2013
Springfield, Illinois
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Nice Cemetery”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This cemetery isn't a 'must-do' in Louisville, but it's a nice place to slow down and relax. The drive through the cemetery is nice and peaceful. Colonel Sander's grave is a neat place to stop and take a photo, but the cemetery's varied and impressive tombstones and monuments are the real treat.

Also, if you have any connection to The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, James P. Boyce, John Broadus, A.T. Robertson, and Basil Manly are buried here.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Brian H
Louisville, Kentucky
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“An historic slice of eden.”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stop by Cave Hill for many reasons, but the most frequent is for a moment of solitude and reflection. This historic cemetery and park has been a haven for me and my children who often accompanied me to feed the ducks. This is an oasis in the middle of a bustling city where I can be close to everything, yet as far away from the bustle of a busy life for as long as I wish. The grounds are meticulously kept and artfully designed. My gratitude to the caretakers and groundskeepers for maintaining this glimpse of Paradise! I recommend a trip through the park for anyone seeking solace and a time for reflection.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank D C C
Baltimore, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Well worth a drive through”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

There is much history to see at this cemetery. Not only will you see Col. Sanders grave, but this is the second largest military cemetery to Arlington. It is easy to get lost driving around and viewing the beautiful headstones dating back to the mid 1800s. The property is beautifully kept and well worth a visit on a sunny day.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mike N

Been to Cave Hill Cemetery? Share your experiences!