“Perfect for visiting louisville with young children!”

Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #17 of 99 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This hotel was very clean, and the pool was actually big enough for people to enjoy.
the breakfast was better than most hotels, wide variety and good quality.
the location cannot be beaten, we walked to fourth street live in about 5 minutes and felt very safe. The other guests were mixed between families and couples, but there was a general air of friendliness shared by everyone, especially the bar staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed 29 August 2011

During my stay at the Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown I truly appreciated the service. Curtis Patterson, the assistant manager left a personalized note, complete with handwritten signature, welcoming me to the hotel, and I wish I could take Jason, who helped me during check in and when I called for items I left at home, on all of my trips. Although the hotel was being renovated, the workers left at an appropriate time, and I was able to rest. Because this was a business trip, I had very little time to use the swimming pool or fitness center. I must say the free Internet took was very slow, but once it was up and running, it seemed a bit faster. This hotel is also within walking distance of the Convention Center, Waterfront Park, and the Kentucky Center for the Arts. There was one drawback, there were blackout curtains, but no sheers, so whenever I opened the curtains I looked directly across the street into another hotel room. Regardless, I recommend anyone stay here at any time. Thanks Curtis and Jason!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JperiodSMITH
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I stayed here to be within the ballpark and fourth street. The few blocks imediatly around it is rather desolate, but you're a 5 block walk to the park, and a 5 block walk to 4th street. Made for a nice night of baseball and bourbon without driving or relying on cabs. Room were clean, quiet and comfortable. They were also in the process of renovating and making it better. ...glad to see that happening proactively until waitig for it to deteriorate

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank ChicagoOrange
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My sole complaint would be that when we called to make reservations, the person said the hotel was across the street from Louisville Slugger and that's REALLY a stretch as it felt like ti was several blocks away. However, they have a free shuttle that will take you anywhere within an 8 block radius and to and from the airport. We used it twice....once to go out for dinner & then the following morning to go to the Louisville Slugger factory. We had very little wait both to go & then be picked up. The hotel is on the expensive side ($200 per night) but our room had recently been redone & was super clean & nicely decorated. Safe & good location.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly redoneroom.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank basketlady88
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Spent a weekend in Louisville for a "cousins reunion" and found our way to the Hampton Inn - Free parking and Free hot breakfasts, as well as location, were the keys to our decision.

We were absolutely delighted, however, with the staff at this hotel! Cassandra at the front desk got us started with several wonderful restaurant recommendations! From maintenance, to kitchen staff, to the gent working evening security, the degree of cheerful, helpful and attentive service was terrific!

Rooms were clean, comfortable, and good value for the rate paid. Parking was convenient. Breakfast foods were hot and tasty, with good variety available both mornings.

The location? Couldn't be better! Walk a few blocks down First Street and hop a free Trolley cross town. Walk a few blocks down Jefferson? And you're at Fourth Street Live, the entertainment district. The Arena is there as well. Another few blocks to the Museum District. If it rains? Take the free hotel shuttle. Can't lose with this hotel!

Had so much fun exploring the local area, we didn't try the hotel pool, or fitness facilities. An abundance of excellent local restaurants are within walking distance if you'd prefer to avoid the chain restaurants at Fourth Street (Hillbilly Tea and Toast on Market were both terrific).

Explore Louisville. Stay at the Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2011

So I book 2 rooms for 4 nights coming this November for Breeders Cup.Booked 5 days ago on corporate site....prepaid, non cancelable, lowest rate possible,,,,blah blah. Now I understand jacking the rates up from $150/night to $245/night the last 3 nights because of the races.Today on Priceline my buddy says the same rooms are $150/night ALL 4 NIGHTS!!(thus saving $300 each)..Called Hampton to see about matching this since my prepaid non refund in fact was NOT the lowest possible rate. Terrible Customer service... disconnected once.left on hold >15 minutes.passed around from person to person like a tramp... now awaiting return call from corporate...not holding my breath BASIC FACEPALM. Deceptive at best...false advertising at worst

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jbat29
Reviewed 15 August 2011

from the elevator not working to the front desk clerk telling me no wireless to the stained
'comforter'...ick