“Helpful Staff/ Plesant stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown

Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #17 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Houston, Texas
“Helpful Staff/ Plesant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

This hotel is located in the downtown area. It is also near the Medical Center area.
Hotel has 8 floors.
The parking is free also there is a shuttle
from the airport to the hotel. I stayed for a weekend. The front desk staff is very pleasant and most accommodating. The men at the front desk were patient and informative about the city and giving directions about events or sights in the city. Lobby is very inviting and begs to be used to relax in, there is bar area, I did not use it. A business center is located behind the elevator area. It has a computer and printer. My room was clean and nicely arranged. Bed comfortable. There is an internet connection in the room. Free breakfast is offered. Hotel rate was reasonable. This is a good alternate to the airport or pricier downtown hotels. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a detailed review about your recent stay with us. I'm glad that the hotel, location and services provided by the staff met your expectations. We look forward to your return to our hotel on a future trip to Louisville. Thanks again for your input.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Niagara
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

I arrived at this hotel on the evening of May 18, 2012. At the time of reservation, I was not told that the hotel had resurfaced their parking lot that day. If I was told that, I would have picked a different facility. I checked it, and spent the night, but was unable to sleep well because of the strong odor from the fresh tar on the parking lot. I contacted this facility when I arrived home from my trip, and was offered a 25% discount off the cost of my stay. I questioned the refund because I checked Hampton Inn's website, and it states that if your not satisfied with your nights stay, there will be a 100% refund given without question. I feel that this hotel did not live up to the refund policy, and that I should have been told of the fresh tar outside at time of reservation, so I would be able to make my own decision wether to stay there or not. On top of this, my emails were returned by the assistant general manager, not even the general manager who they were directed to. I guess he did not find a customers unhappy experience important enough to reply back to me personally. I can not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dave N
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Thank you for writing again about this experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. Had we been made aware of this issue earlier during your stay or at checkout, we most certainly could have rectified it then. I'm glad that this has now been resolved and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

Hate to say it that way, but it is just what they are everywhere. Very consistent, great value. Front desk folks were awesome. Great attitude and pushed the rating to very good.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Thanks for the feedback you provided from your recent stay with us. I'm glad that we provided the consistency of service and product you have come to expect from Hampton Inns. I will be sure and let the front desk team know of your positive interaction with them. I hope to see you again on a future trip to Louisville.
Mason, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

The hubby and I stayed at this hotel Memorial Day weekend. The full service Hilton was booked so we selected this hotel. The best part about this hotel is that it is in a great location downtown. You have easy access to the convention center and 4th st live within walking distance. They have a shuttle that will take you around the downtown area too. We needed directions to somewhere and the front desk printed out directions for us which we greatly appreciated.

The room was clean but very small. There were several NBA games on TV this weekend but our TV could kept loosing reception so we had to go to the lobby to watch the games. The good news was that Wayne the bartender was very nice and made a good drink but we would have preferred to watch from our room. The only other complaint I have is that the pillows were really small. Other than the above, we had enjoyed our stay and we would consider staying there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SingleDiva
Thanks for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize for the problem you experienced with the TV reception in your room that day---we have since corrected that issue. I'm glad that our central location, shuttle service and staff made your experience a positive one. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff indicated in your comments. I hope you will keep us in mind if your travels take you back to our area.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

Enjoyed the hot breakfast and the renovated hotel was nice midrange hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are also very pleased with the recent renovation and will be completing more projects in the next few months---the exercise room and exterior painting to mention a few. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

This hotel is close to the hospitals downtown. It is very clean! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast and hotel shuttles are great. You have to book a shuttle time in advance because it fills up quickly.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you for writing the review following your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad that the hotel, staff, and shuttle service worked out so well for you. We hope to be able to have you again as our guest in the near future.
Rockville Centre, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights at this hotel for the Kentucky Derby weekend. The hospitality and friendliness of the staff was outstanding and some of the best we've seen in all the places we've visited. The hotel was very clean and uniquely designed. The Derby festivities were done in a very classy manner. We will be staying here, next year, for the Derby again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thanks for the great review you posted about your KY Derby weekend experience with us. I'm glad that the hotel and staff provided the type of experience that was memorable. We look forward to seeing you again next year---or sooner!