“A very nice place to stay”

Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #15 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“A very nice place to stay”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We enjoyed three nights at the Hampton Inn in downtown Louisville. The rooms were nice and clean, the included hot breakfast was very good, and the staff were very helpful. The room did not have a small fridge, which would have been nice for a stay of 3+ nights.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I'm glad that our facility and service met your expectations. I appreciate your business and feedback. We hope to see you again on a future trip to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Mount Prospect, Illinois
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We stayed here for a few days during the week of Thanksgiving.

The staff were all incredibly friendly and very accommodating, especially the shuttle driver. He drove us to several different locations throughout Louisville. Because the hotel was pretty empty, we never had a long wait for him to pick us up.

The hotel was very clean. Breakfast was always fully stocked with a wide variety of foods. The pool was warm enough. The only unusual thing was that there was no hot tub. There was adequate (free) parking.

At one point my room key stopped working, but a maintenance worker came and fixed it right away, and even explained what was wrong.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us. I'm glad that everything worked out well during your visit. I will share your feedback with our team. We know that you have many lodging options when you travel and appreciate you choosing to stay with us.
Ohio, United States
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We called ahead to ask of all charges including taxes was given a amount. When we checked in they swiped our cards and did not tell us of the additional charges for incidentals which was not included when we called We found out when we checked our bank statements of the additional charges. We had to ask for a fridge and found out that it leaked the next day onto our floor.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for writing following your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize for the confusion surrounding incidental charges. You were not charged, but your credit card on file was authorized for a small amount to ensure funds were available in the case that you did charge something (food or beverages for instance) to your room. This is a standard procedure in the hotel industry. I'm sorry that the refrigerator that was delivered to your room malfunctioned. I understand that we replaced it with another once we were informed of the problem. I hope that if your travels take you back to our area in the future, you will choose to stay with us again.
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 December 2013

and clean, bright hotel. Spent two nights - then an extra night because of snow. I was welcomed back with pleasure...and glad to see the friendly bar with a knowledgeable and interesting bar man. Recommendation for dinner was excellent. All in all a real asset to Louisville!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for the review you posted on Trip Advisor about your stay with us. I'm glad that it all worked out well for you, despite being stranded an extra day because of weather. We were pleased to have you as our guest and glad the staff made you feel at home. We hope to see you on a return trip to Louisville.
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I am traveling from MO to WV to see my family, which I haven't seen in six months (active duty). I am pulling a 32' RV and decided Louisville would put me just over half way. When I checked out of the hotel I discovered that my RV batteries had not charged and I would have to charge them (so that I could pull in the slide outs) before leaving. Not wanting to wait to see my family any longer, I asked the front desk staff (very helpful) if they had a maintenance guy. Mike quickly arrived, provided me a extension cord from his office and was very professional. I feel he did this because he was customer focused, but what he really did for me is allow me to see my waiting children a couple hours sooner. Thanks Mike! Have a blessed Christmas.

PS Your extension cord is behind the front desk.....GO MOUNTAINEERS!

• Stayed December 2013
Thanks for staying with us recently and for providing comments on your stay---especially the service provided by Mike in our Engineering department. We are happy that he took care of you and got you on your way quickly. I'll share your feedback with him, I know he'll be pleased that he made a difference in your experience. Thanks for all that you do for us as part of our military. Happy Holidays!
Wixom, Michigan
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

We were at this Hotel to be with my sister while she was in the hospital.
The Hampton is very close to Jewish Hospital and they also provide a free shuttle to and from the hospital. The hotel is very well appointed and the rooms are comfortable. The employees are very good in providing excellent service. I would highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay in Louisville.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thanks for your recent review of our hotel. I appreciate the feedback and I am glad you were pleased with our facility and service. I'll be sure to share your comments with our team. I hope if your travels take you back to our area that you will consider staying with us again.
Lake Ridge, Virginia
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This hotel is in a great location (within walking distance to all of the major tourist spots and restaurants), and has a free airport shuttle (a plus!). You can not beat the cleanliness and service. The staff were all so attentive and the shuttle bus driver treated me like a friend. The breakfast area was always refreshed. The exercise room had all the equipment I needed to maintain my workout schedule. Thanks for a great stay! Hats off to you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thanks so much for your review and kind words about our hotel and staff. I'm glad everything worked out so well for you and that our facility and service met your expectations. I appreciate the endorsement and hope that you will consider us again if your travels take you back to our area.