“This Hampton Is Dated”

Ranked #15 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
Nashville, Tennessee
“This Hampton Is Dated”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed 4 days and 4 nights. My room and the property were dated and should be renovated or at least brought up to the Hampton Inn standard. The furniture and especially my mattress were well worn. Ear plugs were a necessity since my room was next to the elevators which thumped and groaned while in use and the outside A/C units hummed loudly throughout the night. The breakfast area was easily overwhelmed with guests and ran out of food well before the breakfast hours ended 2 days out of the 4. On a positive note, the staff was very accommodating and pleasant. On my return trip to Louisville the following week, I elected to stay at a different downtown hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write following your stay with us. I'm sorry that your experience here did not meet your expectations and it certainly did not meet ours. I will follow up with my staff on the areas pointed out and correct those areas immediately. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future and I would be happy to personally make your reservations to ensure a trouble free stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Decent hotel, seems to be a little older but has been updated. Located right next to several chain restaurants, so it is convenient for dinner. A little more expensive than the usual Hampton, don't really know why.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay. We were glad that you chose to stay with us and found that our location to be convenient and our hotel updated. We hope you will keep us in mind if your travel plans take you back to our area.
Allen, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this Hampton. The location is great. Parking is free but that is basically all our car did after checking in was park. We were able to walk to all kinds of attraction (Louisville Slugger Museum, 4th Street Live, Convention Center) and restaurants. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Wifi was decent. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful offering restaurant suggestions and directions. Breakfast is your standard Hampton assortment. The pool was fun for my 12 year old. The fitness room was adequate with the standard treadmills, stationary bike and weights. If you stay on the north side (backside) of the hotel and there is a baseball game going, you might even get to see fireworks out your window like we did.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BigEdMachine
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thanks for writing a review following your recent stay with us. I'm glad that our central location, service and hotel amenities (free parking, pool, breakfast, etc.) made for an enjoyable stay. We hope to see you again if your travels take you back to our area.
Scottsdale AZ
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My first alert is that this Hampton does not have refrigerators and microwaves. Dating back to 2002, I cannot remember the last time I stayed in a Hampton Inn without that amenity. Truth be told, it was a great disappointment to find these items missing.

Aside from that, this Hampton was just disappointing all around. We were there for a week for a competition with our entire team and all of experienced poor room service. Daily, we had to call for the basics, such as towels and shampoo. In addition, the front desk quite cheerfully denied almost any request made from late check out requests to room changes (but do please note, they were always pleasant about saying "no.")

On the plus side, the beds were comfortable and as long as your room isn't by the ice machine, rooms were quiet. Breakfast was the usual Hampton fare and changed daily for variety. The location of the hotel was also within walking distance to the convention center, as well as many other downtown attractions

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank laul0005
This same exact review was responded to below.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We always try to stay at a Hampton Inn so when I had a business trip to Louisville I selected Downtown Hampton Inn in Louisville. So glad we did. They were consistent as always and the breakfast served was superb. If we ever return to Louisville, we will certainly stay there.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thanks for staying with us recently and for writing the great review about your experience. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and our complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you again real soon on your next trip to Louisville.
Baltimore
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a long weekend in Louisville, KY at the Hampton. Hotel is located walking distance to attractions like 4th Street Live, riverfront park and the Louisville Slugger Museum. Breakfast and 24/7 coffee in lobby was convenient and free parking and the shuttle bus were bonuses. But the real star here are the friendly and service oriented employees. Special recognition to Jason - I would be hard pressed to name a more helpful and professional employee. Zachary was also quite helpful. Highly recommend!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DonnaStram
Thanks for the great review about your experience at our hotel. I appreciate the feedback and am pleased that you felt everything was worthy of 5 stars! I will share your comments with Jason and Zach as well, they are two of our best associates. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I came to Louisville (3 nights) to celebrate my birthday, check out one of the Mint Julep Bourbon Tours, Urban Bourbon Tour, Churchill Downs Tour and Louisville Slugger Museum. It was very easy to get here from I-65. They had special parking out front for Hilton Diamond Members. Most important of all was how friendly and kind Aaron at the front desk was. He upgraded us to a very nice suite on the 8th floor without us even asking. The suite was huge and the spa tub also huge. We enjoyed relaxing in the living area after a busy morning/afternoon of tours. Yes, the hotel is showing a little age but it is maintained well.
The breakfast buffet was the best Hampton buffet we've ever had. The eggs were very fluffy, the breads/pastries were fresh, the fruit was fresh and the coffee hot and full. The fresh made waffles smelled excellent. The area was very clean, organized and the staff very friendly and helpful.
The bar at night was a nice touch. The bartender made an excellent Bloody Mary and my husband enjoyed his Manhattan very much. Friendly service and clean.
The location of the hotel is ok. It is not in the heart of downtown but on the edge. We walked to all of our downtown activities ...even at night. We walked as far as the Louisville Slugger Factory, the Brown Hotel and Past Doc Crows. We were safe ...but I could see how some may be intimidated by the area. There is a shuttle I heard that will drop you off and pick you up...
I would defiantly return to this Hampton. Great job Aaron and co-workers!!! They made us feel very special and appreciated!

Room Tip: 814 a very large Suite with King Bed, separate living are! Spa tub, microwave, Refrigerator.