“Recommended for fans of history and architecture”
Review of Old Louisville

Old Louisville
Ranked #21 of 194 things to do in Louisville
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The Old Louisville tour is a two-hour walking tour of the Victorian area of Old Louisville. Though it would not be enjoyable to children, adults will find the tour interesting and informative. Our guide avoided hyperbole or generalizations, and was knowledgeable. However, his attitude was somewhat supercilious and I was hesitant to ask questions.

3  Thank GPsy
"self guided tour"
"homes"
in 204 reviews

Reviewed 21 May 2011

We took the 90 minute, Grand Walking Tour and throughly enjoyed it. It's offered Tuesday through Friday by informed guides who seem to truly care about sharing a portion of their city with you. We leisurely strolled through the blocks with interesting stories at each turn and went inside the Conrad-Caldwell house to see examples of the ornate interiors. Louisville has the largest area of Victorian homes in the country, which provide a rich and unexpected element to the city - highly recommend.

5  Thank travelamc
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Great value for a 90 minute walking tour of a beautiful Victorian neighborhood. Learned lots about architecture, history, and saw tons of incredible homes. This particular tour cost $15 and is well worth it especially if you like Victorian homes. I was especially impressed that they called in a tour guide just for one client. Starts and ends at the Historic Old Louisville Visitors Center on 218 West Oak St. Pete was my guide and did a great job.

7  Thank diditthebutler
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Don't miss this jewel in Louisville's crown, America's largest Victorian neighborhood! It's an amazing place. The fountain in St. James Court and the Filson Club (go inside and ask to see the home) are two of the highlights. The home tour at Christmas time is something to see. Be sure to walk the neighborhood. A great resource is the link to walking tours of the area:

My grandmother lived down in Old Louisville when I was a child, so the area holds a special significance for me.

There are many very good restaurants in the area also. The ones that come to mind that I've visited and enjoyed are 3rd Avenue Cafe and Amici. On my next trip I'm going to try Buck's.

3  Thank nana8fish
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 May 2010

A friend and I did a night time ghost tour of Old Louisville and we were so impressed by the homes that we came back the next day during the daytime to view them again. It was Autumn and the colorful trees along with gas lamps and beautiful homes made a great walk for us. If we had more time I would have taken another tour during the day. It was very intresting to hear about the history of them homes from the people who now own and care for them!

2  Thank Marissa_C83