“another great staybridge property...home on the road!...”

Staybridge Suites Louisville East
Ranked #59 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
Midwest
“another great staybridge property...home on the road!...”
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I found Staybridges Suites by accident using 3rd party bidding awhile back...and I am hooked...as a Biz Traveler...I want all the comforts for a 'known quantity'...and the Louisville Property does not cut any corners...flatscreens...dvd player...kitchen...great channel selection...and very speedy wireless...the staff was fun to meet at check-in...and asked after me several times...do not forget they always have fresh wolfgang puck java...full hot breakfast every day...and 3 nights a week even offer up a sundowner light dinner menu...and its all included! Thats why this traveler now calls Staybridge directly to find a room...a 'known quantity'...and thats good, folks...

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank hivelozity

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
chicago
Reviewed 19 November 2009

I stayed here as part of a road trip based on Tripadvisor reviews.
I used award points to stay, so was given a studio suite.
The room was standard Staybridge Suites, same furniture and finishes as all the other Staybridges I have been to. The bed was fine, and the pillows were the usual Staybridge--not great and not terrible. There was a refrigerator and cooktop, and kitchen utensils, all clean and new-appearing.
This location seems to be aggressive about keeping the hotel up to date. The TV was flat screen, and visible from all parts of the room. The carpet and upholstery looked as if it had just been replaced. I noticed other ongoing improvements in the public areas. Everything inside the hotel was clean.
Breakfast was OK.
Since I was travelling with a pet, there was a $75.00 charge and there are only a few first floor rooms which are designated for pets. I was a bit aggravated about having to stay on the first floor, but the front desk clerk did her best to provide a quiet room. I would not call this property "pet friendly".
This hotel was a tad out of the way for me, and I doubt that I would go out of my way to stay here again. On the other hand, it is quiet , clean, and up to date.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
North Carolina
Reviewed 27 October 2009

What a great hotel. The staff was so helpful from the start. They were sure to get us in a room that suited our needs. The room was perfect. Had everything we would need to be comfortable for our weekend away--fridge, stove, microwave and stocked with cooking supplies.

Breakfast in the morning had something for everyone. The woman who tends to the breakfast area was our favorite part of our stay. She was super kind and funny. She made us feel special and like we were staying in her house. Loved her!!!

The hotel was clean and had a ton of extras---books, games, computer center and a snack shop. Would without a doubt stay again!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 16 August 2009

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. The hotel is new and well appointed. 2 full baths, and kitchen, with dishes, toaster, coffee maker, even a toaster oven. 3 TV's, one in each bedroom and a plasma in the living room, with a DVD player. Wireless internet worked well. The only negative is that the noise from the air conditioner in the bedroom with the 2 double beds can be a little irritating. I brought ear plugs, and was ok. Everything was immaculate and in working order. There is a nice outdoor pool, and area for grilling. There is also a small fitness area. The breakfast bar provided was very nice. Staff were friendly and professional. The area that this hotel is located in is near to a gas station. Restaurants are close by. There is a laundry area, and no charge to use, what a bonus this is. On Tues-Thursday they have a light supper for guests. We were satisfied with our choice of this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Kentucky
Reviewed 23 June 2009

The Staff at this motel is A+++ Clerks at front desk were helpful, nice, and don't rush you. Maintenance Man is always working, friendly, has a big smile.

When I arrived I was starving as I hadn't eaten since breakfast. I was so surpised that they have these Sundowner meals or snacks a few nights. For me, it was my whole meal - hot dogs and macaroni & cheese was what I had and that mac/cheese was just great. Also the next night the chicken salad was the best you could imagine. Really fresh. Breakfasts were better than most motels, also!

One thing that stands out, too, is the staff at these meals plus all the staff take time to talk to the residents discussing weather, different towns & cities, and so forth. It's so comfortable, laid back, and like a family atmosphere.

Others have said they like the rooms - spacious with full kitchen. Real nice. My King sized bed was so comfortable and I went right to sleep. My room was near the outdoor pool, which normally I don't like, but it didn't bother me and in fact, I loved looking out there and hearing little children softly in a distance.

Just a caution - be sure you understand how many beds you have. I almost got a Studio thinking it would have two beds - if I had taken that one and anyone had come with me, it wouldn't have been enough. Glad I had the King one-bedroom.

As far as anything negative, I wasn't crazy about the phone system. You had to type in your own wake up call........now I'm not an expert on phone systems, but a friend of mine works in a motel in N. Indiana where he has a phone that flashes a big light in the lobby/food area in case he's putting out donuts or coffee so he can grab the phone there on the wall plus he has another one that flashes upstairs - you can't miss it.

Again, this staff is wonderful, but maybe a few years down the road, a new phone system with flashes in several locations would be nice.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 May 2009

Stayed here on a quick trip for a family anniversary party, total last minute. Found a great rate online and tried it. Very close to I-64, tons of restaurants, minutes from malls, etc. Rooms were clean, wonderfully appointed, quite spacious, including a full kitchen. They offer breakfast buffet and appetizers/soda during the week evenings. Overall great place. Would DEFINITELY stay here again!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed 5 May 2009

My friend and I flew into Louisville for the 135th Kentucky Derby. While the hotel is not downtown, it was well within the price range for our stay. Access to the highway was literally down the street, so travel was not much of an inconvenience. Free parking at the hotel was also a huge plus. The hotel staff were extremely courteous, pleasant and helpful.

Upon check-in, we were greeted with Mrs. Fields cookies and chocolates, as well as a complimentary 2009 Kentucky Derby scrap book which was so nice, we had to ask to make sure it was free!

We were pleasantly surprised by our room - advertised as One King Bed with Pull-Out Sofa. It was extremely spacious with the bedroom completely separate from the living area. We loved the "synthetic down" pillows on the bed (there were 6 pillows on our king bed with 2 more in the closet). There were plenty of electrical outlets in both the bedroom area and living area for laptops, cameras and cell phone chargers. Complimentary wi-fi access was not quite as fast as the high speed broadband I have at home, but it was definitely much faster than a DSL connection.

The kitchen had a full-sized fridge, a dishwasher, sink, and small electric stove. An added bonus was the ice maker in the freezer - no running down the hallway in the middle of the night with a plastic ice bucket to the noisy communal ice machine, and no inconvenience of "make your own" ice trays. Real china in the cupboards and the silverware even included steak knives and a bottle/can opener.

The iron and full-sized ironing board came in quite handy and there were more than enough hangers and storage racks in the closet for the both of us during our stay. We also had an abundance of fresh towels (I usually end up having to ask for extras and this time I did not) and I enjoyed the toiletries in the Ginseng and Mint fragrance. The shower had the best water pressure I've enjoyed at a hotel.

Our room was rather close to the elevator and some guests were noisy in the hallway at times, but we didn't hear a peep once we closed the French doors to the bedroom.

We stayed for 2 nights and both mornings had a huge variety of breakfast options available. I liked that we could go as early or as late as we wanted to in the morning and still enjoy a free hot breakfast. There was a Belgian waffle station, fresh oatmeal, eggs, lots of fresh fruit, some pastries, bagels, cereal choices, etc. One morning had eggs with sausage patties and the other morning had eggs with biscuits and country gravy.

The only thing I could think of asking for would be flat-screen TVs in the bedroom and living area instead of the convex tube style.

While not the most romantic hotel, it was absolutely perfect for the business traveler.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cristina311
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville East
La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville
Best Western Louisville East
Best Western Louisville East
#41 of 96 in Louisville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville East

Been to Staybridge Suites Louisville East? Share your experiences!