SpringHill Suites Louisville Hurstbourne/North
Ranked #35 of 100 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 19 December 2011

The rooms are spacious,clean and modern. Non smoking hotel. The indoor heated pool was enjoyed since it was 40 degrees outside! The beds and pillows are comfy and you can request foam,feather or both. The personel are very courteous and professional. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: December 2011

Reviewed 24 November 2011

Ok property. Rooms are nothing special. Pretty good breakfast, fitness area has functioning cardio equipment and some decent free weights (I've seen better and definitely worse). A wannabe Hyatt Place but lacking in the room layout and atmosphere. I have stayed in much better Springhill Suites like the one in Winston Salem, N.C. but this one is fine for a night or two.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I cannot begin to tell you how thankful I am that I booked with this property. Upon arrival Friday night we were told that we were in a king suite. There were 4 of us and that wasn't going to work out well AND I had a reservation for a double suite. After talking with Billie Jo, she gave us a small credit for Friday night so we decided that one of us would sleep on the sleeper sofa and then we'd switch rooms on Saturday to a roomier double.

The rooms are spacious with a very large bathroom but the beds weren't very comfortable. The property is also extremely close to some great shopping areas and dining spots.

I am giving this an excellent rating because of the customer service. We needed extra sheets for the pullout, extra towels on Saturday and they were wonderful about it. On Saturday Billie Jo even helped us move our stuff.

I will totally stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Spent one night with two teenagers at Springhill Suites on Hurstbourne Lane while in Louisville for a college visit. The hotel is in a great area with shopping, restaurants and other things to do nearby. Easy to find. Only drawback to location was that it is next to ?an Interstate and traffic noise was fairly loud in the morning.

Check in was quick and easy. Desk personnel was very friendly and polite. ]

The room itself was okay, although it felt a little cramped for a suite. The room had a small kitchenette area with sink, microwave and nice sized fridge. There is a sitting area with a couch/sofa sleeper across from the kitchenette area. Flat screen TV was in this area. Sleeping area had two double beds with a closet. Bathroom was off of the sleeping area. Bathroom had separate tub/toilet and open sink area. Wireless Internet is included. We had no problems connecting or with speed.

The room was okay except for the positioning of the sofa sleeper. When the sleeper was out, there was no room to get past as the sleeper touched the TV stand. To get to the door of the room, or the kitchenette area, you have to climb over the extended sofa bed. My son really didn't appreciated me climbing over him to reach the coffee maker in the morning!

Breakfast was okay-served the prepackaged cheese omelets, pseudo sausage patties, waffle maker, boiled eggs, biscuits & gravy, and the usual assortment of cereals, pastries and yogurts. Overall, a good variety for this level hotel.

Overall, I would probably return to this hotel and would recommend it if staying in the area.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, ask for a room facing the front of the hotel as back is next to either an inte...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel in July, 2011. This was a one-night, in-and-out trip. I had one handicap-accessible room and one normal room. I found the accessible room to be spacious and comfortable but the normal room was cramped. When the sofa-bed was open, there was no walkway to the bathroom at all.

On this particular stay, I needed to do a quick load of laundry. The front desk was completely out of quarters and it was late enough in the evening that I was not really willing to make a trip to find some. A dive into the ashtray in the car turned up nothing, so I was resigned to waiting for the next stop on the trip. When I walked through the lobby, the desk clerk had emptied her purse and found enough quarters for me! That's really above-and-beyond in my book.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I wanted to find a Marriott located near the interstate, shopping, restaurants and entertainment but not down in Louisville proper. This hotel was that and more! The desk clerk was extremely helpful when I asked for the nearest shopping area, which by the way, is within (10) min. of this hotel. Also, I really enjoyed the variety of breakfast foods served. I found the room to be clean, quiet and updated. I highly recommend this hotel. :)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I have stayed at two Springhill Suites--one in Savannah and the other in Cincinnati. They were "true" to the Marriott brand unlike this imposter which was some previous older style hotel that tried to copy the new one. I was really disturbed by this---room was so small---not zen like setting at all as in my previous stays. Really disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family