“Katy Perry Concert” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Covington, Kentucky
“Katy Perry Concert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We came into town for 1 night for the Katy Perry concert. Very nice & clean room, could use a little updating but very comfortable. Breakfast was great ! We enjoyed our stay all the staff was very friendly. Terrence at the front desk was wonderful !!! He helped us with all of our needs ! He deserves a raise or promotion !!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lacey D, Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Hurstbourne/North, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to give our hotel such a great review. I will inform Terrence of your praises as our mission is to be the "Cleanest & Friendliest" hotel and I am glad that we met those expectations. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Louisville.

Lacey Davis-Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Dont stay here. This hotel tries to charge us over $10k for long distance calls we never made. Dont know it is a scam or because of their crap system.

My husband and I just stayed in this hotel for 4 nights last week. My husband and his colleague only tried once to use the phone in our room but the call never went through. His colleague then hung up the phone and used his cellphone to make a conference call. Other than that, we never used the room phone to make any phone call. During our stay in the hotel room, we never saw any unusual light on the phone.

However, it is so shocking to find out that the hotel already charged over $5,000 on my credit card, and there are several charges pending on my card too. Total charge is around $10,500.

We called the hotel to oppose those charges and explained the facts. The charges are still on my card so I can not use my card anymore.

Stay away from this hotel if you don't want see a shocking bill

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Xiaoqin Z
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to apologize for the extreme long distance charges on your account during your stay. We have contacted our phone company to get this issue resolved and to find out what actually occurred during this time. We have refunded the full amount of the charges back to your card. Again, I am sorry for the technical error and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you!
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I chose this hotel because it was away from the city (about 20 min.), near shopping and free parking (I like to have access to my car). The hotel was a little far from the highway and shopping than I realized but was definitely in a very quiet suburban part of town. The hotel is you typical Marriott style- clean, updated, and friendly staff. What I bothered me was the loud air conditioner. I've read other reviews who complained about this and now I experienced it. The unit would make a loud click to turn on and off. When on, the TV volume had to go up but when the unit went off the TV was too loud. Also, whenever I'm in a hotel I like to have a directory that explains when breakfast begins and ends, nearby restaurants etc. but there wasn't one in my room so I had to look online.
There is a McDonalds and McCalisters deli both within walking distance. And if you want to go for a morning run the area around the hotel is good for that too, not a lot of traffic. Overall I enjoyed my stay. My kids liked the pool and my husband and I loved the spaciousness of the room. Would consider this hotel if I ever travel to Louisville again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is fine and I had a nice stay with no serious issues.

The only hiccups I had were the following; during the afternoon I got a cup of coffee downstairs, went back up to my 3rd floor room, only to discover it was cold. I asked the service desk if they had some extra coffee packets for my room, and they gave me 3, and they quickly put out some fresh, hot coffee in the lobby.

The other hiccup was breakfast on my first morning. I was in a bit of a hurry to make a meeting, so I made sure that I got to the breakfast area at 6:30. Only problem was - the eggs did not come out until 6:45. I made the meeting on time, however....and the eggs were good!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sgt1917
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly. The walls are a little thin, if you are a light sleeper this could be an issue. I could hear the neighboring TV as if it was in our room and I could tell you all about a couples dinner, where they last stayed and how much it cost by the conversation they were having in the hall. Overall a pleasant stay, clean bed, clean bath, plenty of room.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel, bed was comfortable and room was wonderful suite. Some noisy children in halls but not the fault of hotel. Nice pool and hot tub. Small grocery on site for ice cream or a beer. Nice place.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I spend over 200 nights per year on the road. Yesterday I experienced a 12 hour airport delay and by the time I arrived at the hotel it was after 1:00 am. I was really beat. I brought bags and company material in and went to the front desk. Lanord and Terrence were staffing it. I checked in and requested additional toiletries, linnen, etc. I also went to the the 24 hour coffee/tea station and brewed up several cups to take back to the room. Lanord and Terrence couldn't have been nicer. They came around and helped me take all of my belongings to my room. I told them that it totally wasn't necessary. They said that I was a guest and this was part of their job. I was truly impressed. If all hotels were this welcoming my travels would be a whole lot nicer.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary K
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and we appreciate the great review. I really enjoy working with this team of associates, and appreciate that you could see that we are here to take special care of our guests. We look forward to serving you again in the future.