“Very Nice - Good size room”

Candlewood Suites Louisville Airport
Ranked #69 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights at this location while our daughter was playing in a volleyball tournament at the Kentucky Expo Center. We were a little concerned when our room was only two doors off the lobby and directly across from the workout center. But everything stayed very quiet and we had a restful two nights.

Room was a really nice size with a full size fridge, ice maker, microwave, stove top, etc.

No complaints. Highly recommend staying here is you are visiting the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Louisville Airport

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Very nice Candlewood. Nicely appointed and very comfortable and quiet rooms. I only stayed one night but it is well-equipped with small kitchenette to stay longer. The only drawback is that you must drive to find any restaurants. After being in the car for 8 hours, it would have been nice to walk to find something to eat. Staff was friendly and the room was very clean. Definitely on my list to stay again when traveling that way.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Typical Candlewood.... clean, quiet, great staff. Hotel was full; but it was impossible too tell because of the quiet rooms. I was in town over the weekend for the Louisville Home Show, which was not real well run but at least I enjoyed the stay.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The moment we entered the lobby, we knew we made a good choice. The staff member/host was very courteous, knowledgable and helpful beyond the call. The rooms are nice; the add-on's are there and the costs were quite reasonable. We will stay here again when business requires us to be in Louisville.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights for an event. It was easy to get here and not far from downtown. The room was clean. Expected bedbug covers on the mattress so that is why it is not excellent. All the amenities were as expected. Love the microwave popcorn in the microwave. Got extra pillows by asking. A good place to stay as expected.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We stayed here only one night as a quick break up for our two day travel. I booked the room based only on what other TripAdvisor reviews had said. I am not that familiar with Louisville and was unsure of the location of this particular hotel. We booked it, set the GPS and left. Wow! I must say, I do love staying in Candlewood Suite hotels but this one goes above and beyond to make you feel great! Our check in was very quick and we were greeted with a very warm welcome by a young woman. She recognized that we were Priority Club members thanked us for our repeat business. We do not have many points as Priority Club members, but I did genuinely appreciate her thanking us for being so... she seemed very sincere! We were given tickets to have a complimentary soda "on them" that could be redeemed in the well stocked and very clean pantry. A small touch but very nice! There was also a candy dish by the door to grab a mint on your way out. We went to our room and unloaded our bags. We were also given a complimentary bottle of Evian water! I had to do a double take to make sure that it was truly free as I always suspect hotels of trying to charge you for everything. It was truly free. There was also a free full sized bag of delicious popcorn left in the microwave propped up so that we would notice it. This hotel wants you to feel at home! They also have a variety of movies for you to watch, if you want a night in. I thought that was nice. We wanted to see the city so we did not take advantage of this but for those traveling for extended times, it would be a nice touch.

We checked out later that day and thought we had all of our belongings. The same polite and professoinal woman who checked us in checked us out. As we were packing away and setting our GPS for the next location, we saw her coming running out to try and catch us. She had in her hand a very expensive item that we had accidently left behind. Wow!!!! I must say, this was so pleasant. I was in shock and hopefully I remembered to say thank you to her as we had previously left the same expensive electronic device at another hotel and the cleaning staff claimed to 'not have found it' and we were out a few hundred bucks and several hours worth of work.

I plan on sharing this with corporate and I wish I could remember the young woman's name. Very professional, polite and the hotel is something were you can really feel like they are proud of the work they do. Thank you!

Room Tip: Request privacy and you shall receive it!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ghostofdavid
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Recently had family at Norton Audubon Hospital and chanced there would be a room available rather than making long trips back and forth to the hospital. So glad I did. Hotel was very neat and clean. Room was very comfortable and had all the ammenities I needed. Would definitely return if I am in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2012