“Long drive and had to move to a different room.”

Candlewood Suites Louisville Airport
Ranked #59 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Dallas, Texas
“Long drive and had to move to a different room.”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Hard to find hotel with was close to a trucking company with trucks in and out and running their engines all night. Needless to say the stay was not good. After arriving late in the night, the room was with hair in the bed and the television was on a channel that would not turn nor the volume could be lowered. Just a bad stay in Louisville. The room smelled like a dog had been in the change room, but after getting off a ten hour road trip, this was not what one would expect to get a few hours of sleep. The check in person nor the check out person was friendly at all.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank WorldTraveler19999
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear WorldTraveler19999,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for we fell below your standards on our level of cleanliness and sorry for the issues you had with the television. We regret the poor experience and the lapse in service during your stay.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
pittsburgh
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I loved the free laundry and friendly helpful staff at this looks like new full kitchen extended stay hotel.

I assumed the place was new because it has the "new construction smell" but it turns out to be four years old.

full size fridge. icemaker dishwasher toaster utensils and dishes coffee maker

comfy sealy bed with soft smooth sheets

SOFT WATER excellent water pressure

Candlewood is a GREAT value and is turning into my favorite chain! I cooked four excellent meals for me and my girl and saved over $100 in restaurant expenses!

BOOK IT NOW!

Room Tip: as usual ,I asked for a ground floor room near a side exit
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Kentucky
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Okay - this has got to be one of the best brands out there for limited service.

IHG's Candlewood well compares with similar (and more costly) Marriott options.

This hotel had free breakfast, which was awesome. I loved the coffee selection, and what a selection!

Free guest laundry. Free game and movie rental... gosh... everything is included in the price! During the week they even offer a light 'manager's reception' of food too... but we visited over the weekend. Too bad.

This place is built as an extended stay concept and for mostly families and business clients.

Loved the hotel, loved the staff. The fireplace was cozy and welcoming.

The rooms were very nice. The dishwasher in our room felt like it would fall out, but an easy maintenance fix. Forgot to report, but with luck the management will see this and have housekeeping start checking their rooms and report along when discovered (we were in a room at the end of the hallway, on the first floor… sorry, cannot remember the room number). The bed was comfortable, and fixtures and other furniture felt sturdy and comfortable as well.
We have stayed a few times now, and will book again when we next visit my ‘in-laws’.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Loveland, Ohio
Reviewed 11 May 2013

My husband and I are from Cincinnati, OH. We decided to plan a weekend away for our 2 year anniversary (I was pregnant for our first so we were limited in what we could do). I was super excited to do the underground zipline tour. My husband searched for hotels closest to the caverns and radomly booked Candlewood. I have never stayed in your suites before, but I can tell you I LOVE them!! I have stayed in a lot of hotels when I was younger, my parents liked to travel. I have never stayed in one like this! CLEAN, quiet, so many amenities, and the staff if si friendly. Your friendly smiles at the desk when I went to reactivate my roomkey made my day. I work in retail so I know excellent customer service when I see it. Kudos to you Candlewood, you have set my expectation high for hotels and the next time we travel I will deffinately search for things to do in an area closse to your hotels!
~The Kanes

Room Tip: 1 bed queen suite has perfect kitchenet. Perfect enough to bring a few of your own groceries and mak...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Naperville, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights at this location while our daughter was playing in a volleyball tournament at the Kentucky Expo Center. We were a little concerned when our room was only two doors off the lobby and directly across from the workout center. But everything stayed very quiet and we had a restful two nights.

Room was a really nice size with a full size fridge, ice maker, microwave, stove top, etc.

No complaints. Highly recommend staying here is you are visiting the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Very nice Candlewood. Nicely appointed and very comfortable and quiet rooms. I only stayed one night but it is well-equipped with small kitchenette to stay longer. The only drawback is that you must drive to find any restaurants. After being in the car for 8 hours, it would have been nice to walk to find something to eat. Staff was friendly and the room was very clean. Definitely on my list to stay again when traveling that way.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Evansville, IN
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

Typical Candlewood.... clean, quiet, great staff. Hotel was full; but it was impossible too tell because of the quiet rooms. I was in town over the weekend for the Louisville Home Show, which was not real well run but at least I enjoyed the stay.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business