“The Good and The Not So Good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville East

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville East
Ranked #38 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Pennsylvania
“The Good and The Not So Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We always try to stay at CIS wherever we are going because of the quality received at this brand. While we did have some positives at this particular location, there were also some disappointing issues. The good - staff were friendly and so very helpful with giving us information regarding local restaurants, shops, etc, the rooms were clean and comfortable (with one exception), and the complimentary breakfast was good as usual. The not so good - we came into our room and noticed a rather large stain on the carpet. We notified the front desk twice, but during the time we were in the room, we weren't sure if they attempted to try and remove it. Hopefully it was taken care of after we left. The bathroom also did not have any towel hooks on the back of the door, so we could only drape them over the grab bars around the toilet. This last one is just a preference of ours from staying at other CIS, but the complimentary breakfast only used disposable plates and silverware. This is the first CIS that we have stayed at that used them compared to the others that use actual china plates, regular silverware and glasses, etc. Overall, we had a nice stay, but can see that this CIS will soon need some freshening up.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Roni S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville East, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to review your stay & your wonderful feedback! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are happy to tell you that we have begun our renovations, and hopefully by the time you join us again, they will be completed! I nwas made aware of that stain, and unfortunately, cranberry juice or something red like that does not come out of the light colored carpet easily! We attempted to get it out but it proved harder than we thought! Cintas will be here lhe beginning of next month for our regular carpet cleaning...hopefully they will have better luck! :o) Again, thank your for your feedback & for choosing to stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
SKOKIE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I love Country Inn & Suites. Their beds are comfortable and their suites, spacious and well-appointed. Although, I didn't partake of their breakfast, my husband and I were frequent visitors to the cookie bin. Yum! I also love the fact that they provide a lending library based on the honesty policy. The staff is pleasant and will go out of their way to make your stay the very best. Thanks to Tammy and the rest of the staff for allowing us to stay until it was time to depart for the airport. Get a Carlson Rewards card to earn free stays!

Green Features: They will not replace your soap/shampoos unless necessary since they donate them to a charity. Do not take their towels or bedding because you will be charged!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SUSAN C
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville East, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Susan,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad your chose us for your hotel needs. Thank you for mentioning Tammy. We will gladly pass this feedback on to her. We are so glad your stayed with us. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Louisville East
Shelbyville, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I am a pretty loyal to the Country Inn and Suites chain (I think they have some of the most comfortable beds in the industry) so I had high expectations when my husband and I "ran away from home" for one night when my sister-in-law agreed to stay with my mother. I was disappointed.
I called for a hot tub suite and was led to believe that all of the suites were rented so I reserved a hot tub room. Upon check-in, I found that the hot tub suites were actually being updated. The desk clerk was friendly and she gave us a good recommendation to Bombay Grill for dinner. The room appeared dated and the toilet screamed every time it was flushed which required holding down the handle the entire time. The "hot tub" was a glorified bathtub with a few vents. My husband is 6'3" and he was not able to get his legs stretched out enough to get his knees under the water. We both have bad knees and wanted the hot tub to reduce pain but, with only 6 vents in the whole thing, I had to contort myself to position first one knee and then another against a vent. My husband went down to the public hot tub hoping to fit in that tub. The posted sign said that it was a 6 person but no more than 4 average size adults could possibly fit without being crammed against each other and the noise in the pool/hot tub area made us feel like we were in a sound chamber. Apparently there is no soundproofing and the sounds of a couple of kids playing in the pool was deafening. The public hot tub appeared to be in disrepair as only THREE vents were operational in the entire tub and the water flow through them was weak.
The AC in our room was noisy as well and cycled off and on throughout the night. There was only a sheet and comforter on the bed. Not liking to touch the top comforter but needing more than a sheet, I got a blanket to put on the bed. The blanket was stained with what appeared to be a fresh stain as it rubbed off on my tissue. By the way, they do NOT give a military discount on anything above a standard room. I had to use my AAA discount instead which is a smaller discount.
For breakfast, the "fresh" fruit was frozen with ice crystals in the middle. For breads, they had plain bagels, pieces of white bread and prepackaged pastries. The waffle batter machine was evident but there were no cups to transfer the batter to the griddle. Skim milk and 2% were in large pitchers instead of cartons. Finally, at 11 am I called the front desk and spoke to Sima, the same lady from the day before (I believe she may live on site as I saw her at all hours) and asked to have a extended check-out from the 12 noon check-out time. She said that I could stay until 12:30 pm. I replied that 2pm was standard and that I am a Gold Points Plus club member. She then said that I could stay until 1 pm but must leave no later than that. My husband and I were hoping for a special night away but there is nothing special about this Country Inn & Suites.

Green Features: Standard towel reuse and a notice in the bathroom that the remainder of personal care items are collected and sent to those in need. No recycling containers.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Roni S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville East, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Elizabeth, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize that we did not live up to your expectations. I'm excited to tell you that we have begun our renovations on the entire hotel. The pool/hot tub area will be fresh & new by the end of December. We look forward to you staying with us again so that we can show you that your recent experience is not our norm. Please feel free to call me personally to make your reservations so that we can be sure to offer your military rate on a standard room. Again, thank you for your feedback. Guest's comments help us fine tune our operation to make sure that every guest has a comfortable stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Have stayed in MANY hotels in this area with my husband, and this one is incredible. Great price, clean, friendly staff, etc. This hotel is definitely a keeper for our lil getaways. Not to mention the plether of restaurants around.

Room Tip: King suite with a separate desk room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Roni S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville East, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Kramerc,

Thank youf or taking the time to review your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed it! We appreciate you giving us a chance & ultimately found your "home" when you visit Louisville! We look forward to seeing you again!
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here only one night before we flew home the next morning. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Room was large, clean and comfortable. Kids enjoyed the pool. Missed breakfast due to our very early plane but the area looked nice. Location was near several good restuarants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jill,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! We are thrilled that you & your family enjoyed your very short time with us! We look forward to seeing you again!
Bowling Green, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Even though I knew this hotel at been at its location for several years, the website indicated updated renovations. When we pulled into the parking lot, the Country Inn & Suites logo & the lobby were updated, but that was all. The room had a very dated appearance, complete with peeling paint, worn out carpeting and dim lighting. Given that we were only in town 1 night, it wasn't bad enough to switch hotels, but I do feel the price value wasn't there. If they're not planning on doing any renovations, then the prices need to be lowered. Otherwise, spend a few bucks more and book at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin M
Roni S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville East, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Kevin, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm sorry that we didn't quite meet your expectations! It's feedback like yours that helps us know where we are lacking! I'm excited to tell you that we are in fact getting ready to start renovations! Our Guest rooms will have a fresh, new look very soon! Please stop back by & let us know what you think!
Craig, CO.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here while on the way to DC for business. The room was clean and quiet. WiFi wasn't an issue. HVAC seemed to struggle to keep it cool, but not really a big deal. Just turned the temp down a bit lower than usual and it got the job done. Staff were helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville East, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear IndustrialDesigner,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you stayed with us. We really value all guest feedback. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the hvac. We will be sure to pass this feedback on. We use guest feedback to make changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Louisville East
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East
Hyatt Place Louisville-East
#23 of 95 in Louisville
Comfort Suites East
#4 of 9 in Jeffersontown

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville East? Share your experiences!