“Surprisingly pleasant”

Ranked #24 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Surprisingly pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

When I pulled into the parking lot, I have to admit, I was a little concerned about the area, especially as a woman staying here alone. I was expecting to be right next to the Fair & Expo Center, but that isn't really the case (my fault for not looking at the map). It's actually a couple of miles down the highway. But my stay ended up being very pleasant. The room was comfortable, clean, and quiet - that's all I needed. It was obvious the description about the recently renovated rooms was accurate. The refrigerator makes a bit too much noise when it's cycling, but I didn't hear the highway nearby, nor the other guests, which all seemed to be construction workers and truckers. Everyone I encountered at the front desk was very nice and helpful, and they offer free coffee in the lobby as well as a coffee maker in the "deluxe" rooms. Again, the neighborhood may put you off at first sight, but it turned out to be convenient, with a gas station and restaurants right next door and down the street, and easy access to the highway. For the price, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for the very nice review. As a woman traveling alone I know that feeling comfortable in your surroundings is very important. I have worked here for over 25 years and I always feel safe and comfortable. It is good to know that my staff was very friendly and made you feel at ease. You are right we are not next door to the fairgrounds but an easy commute of less than 2.5 miles. I hope you were able to enjoy some of the great restaurants and attractions that Louisville has to offer. Spring is a great time to be in Louisville. The spring meet at Churchill Downs begins on April 28th and The Kentucky Derby is May 3rd this year. We are only 6 miles from the track. You should come back and see us soon.

Debbie Glasgow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay! Large very clean rooms. Our king room came with microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, blow dryer, ironing board and iron. Plus it had a nice size area with an L shaped computer desk. I was amazed at how clean and comfortable the room was. Front desk workers were very friendly and helpful... especially Kimberly L. She assisted us with all of our directions, told us about local events and generally made our stay pleasant!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thank you so much for the very nice review. I will be sure to tell Kimberle that you appreciated her service. I hope she directed you to some fun activities like the underground zip line or Fourth Street live. We have some pretty awesome restaurants too. One of my favorites is Ramsi's.

Our Superior King rooms are very nice and well equipped with every amenity that you mentioned at a reasonable rates. The housekeeping and maintenance staff take pride in keeping the property clean and well maintained.

I hope to see you soon!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stay here every year when I attend the largest military antique show in the USA....the Show Of Shows. The rooms are great....they are clean, comfortable....and the rates are great! The staff are really friendly. My pet rabbits love it here too! I'm looking forward to my stay next year when I am again in Louisville. You should stay here too! Two rabbit ears up!!
(\ (\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Room Tip: No ice machine on every floor.....ask at front desk.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marc C
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
It is always a pleasure to welcome you and your bunny home for the antique military show. It is always nice to hear when our guest enjoy their stay and like the service that we provide. I hope you were able to go out and enjoy some of the sights that the city has to offer like The Kentucky Derby Museum or The Frazier Historical Arms Museum. When you come back you might want to try the new barbeque restaurant out from. I am looking forward to seeing you soon.

Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

It was great nice clean rooms friendly people good location like all upgrades wood floors new beds and linen big screen TV love the non smoking great staff Kelli Rebecca Kim deb. When asked for good locations to visit they were able to give me information on unic places in Louisville.

• Stayed March 2014
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you so much for writing the very nice review. We take pride in the cleanliness of the hotel. I will be sure to tell Rebecca, Kelli and Kimberle that you appreciate their service. I hope they recommended the underground zip lines and the Louisville Slugger Museum. Both are great places to visit. The next time you come to Louisville you may want to try Kentucky Kingdom Amusement park. It opens May 24th and we are only 2.5 miles from the park. I hope to see you soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and i chose to visit this Red Roof in for the second time because the friendly staff member named kelli gordan and she continues to rise the bar of execellence. She was kind enough to point out some fun attractions and wonderful dining spots. Our valentines day was superb, thanks Kelli we will be back.

• Stayed February 2014
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review. I will be sure to tell Kelli that you thought her service was excellent. Louisville is a great city to visit. We have all of the amenities of a big city with the feel of a small town. We always recommend that our guest visit the Louisville Slugger Museum, The Muhammad Ali Center, The Kentucky Derby Museum and the Louisville Zoo. We have some of the best local restaurants. The next time you are in town try Ramsi's or De Galla Rosa. We love both. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I was very impressed the weekend I had to take my daughter to a competition while most families were staying downtown and paid three times more for very similar accommodations. We had a great room with both a microwave and a small refrigerator, which was perfect for us. The room was clean and the new decor is ideal. So grateful for a room that met our needs.

Room Tip: Third floor is worth the walk. Heat is controlled on wall Air conditioning near door
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We have two room types with a microfridge, our deluxe doubles and our superior king room. I am glad that you enjoyed the extra amenity. We are only 6 miles from downtown and very conveniently located. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable room then you are right we are the best value. Please come back and see us soon.

Mount Vernon, ME
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I had previously never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before but I decided to give it a try after seeing some other reviews. The pictures on their web site looked great. Sure enough my room is just what the pictures say. Beds are very comfortable and clean Their staff is very friendly (Rebecca has been a god-send). King superior rooms come with microwave and fridge and coffe maker. It is close to just about everything in Louisville.

Nice Job Red Roof Inn Louisvill, I would definatly recommend to others.

Room Tip: King superior rooms come with microwave and fridge
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
DRG1957, Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you so much for the very nice review. I will be sure to tell Rebecca that you thought she was a Godsend. We think she is the greatest. I am glad you enjoyed the superior king room with the 37 inch flat screen TV and the microfridge. Come back and see us soon.

General