“Great Stay and excellent service”

Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo
Ranked #28 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We went there our anniversary. Very nice and clean rooms and when we needed extra towels, Tonya from the front desk came right up with them. Also asked if we need or would like anything else. she was very pleasant and went above and beyond of normal customer service. I also worked in the hotel industry and appreciate such excellent service. Definitely will return again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Happy Anniversary! Thank you so much for the nice review. I will be sure to tell Tonya that she did a great job taking care of you and your husband.

I hope you were able to stay in our superior king room with the microfridge and coffee pot. The rooms are very big and comfortable. Our housekeeping and maintenance staff do a great job keeping the rooms nice.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed for a night; the front desk worker Tonya was very kind and helpful for finding a good room for me. The rooms were clean and comfortable. It was a great stay better than what you would expect from the price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review. I will be sure to tell Tonya how much you appreciated the service she provided.

The housekeeping staff take great pride in their jobs and love to hear when guest appreciate it. The next time you come for a visit you should try or superior king room. It has a microfridge and coffee pot with a very large work area and a 37 inch flat screen TV with 36 HD stations.

Come back and visit soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Only stayed there for a night but Tonya at the front desk was very willing to go above and beyond to meet our needs! The rooms are neat, clean, and comfortable. Absolutely the best we've found for the reasonable price. I would definitely come back and stay again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cassandra H
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you so much for the very nice review. I will be sure to tell Tonya that you appreciated the great service she provided. I am glad to hear that you found the rooms to be neat and clean.

The next time you visit you may want to visit some of our museums such as The Louisville Slugger and The Muhammad Ali Museum. We also have a great zoo that is only 1.5 miles from the hotel along with the Mega Caverns for some zip line fun.

I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I checked into the Red Roof Inn on Thursday, July 17 around 5/5:30 p.m. coming into town for the Forecastle Festival. I mention the date because I forget the young lady's name at the front desk and felt it was important to share how awesome she was. She had a lobby of about 6 people, which may not sound like a lot, but it was. Especially when one guest continued to share that he did not think she knew what she was doing. The young lady handled all guests as quickly as she could and in a very courteous manner, thanked each guest for their patience. Thank you for the good guest service.

Once I arrived to the room, I was pleasantly surprised. I had checked out the hotel on its site and also here on Tripadvisor, however for the cost and location I was still skeptical. The room was very clean and whatever updates that had been made, were made pretty well and did not look thrown together like I've experienced at some other renovated hotel properties.

The only reason I did not give an excellent is because the location was a little seedy, however that does not speak to the hotel, only a caution for single {female} travelers. Also the room smelled like smoke which was scary especially after signing a release stating you would have to pay if there were signs of smoking. Plus as a non smoker it was a tad bit annoying, but did not disturb my good nights rest as the bed was very comfortable.

Everything was clean including the coffee maker which has smelled like mold at some other, non Red Roof Inn hotel properties. This was my second time staying at a Red Roof Inn. Hopefully they will all update to this style. It was very nice and had me thinking "Wow!!! This is a Red Roof Inn? I even signed up for their rewards program after this visit.

Room Tip: I stayed in the SUPERIOR 1 KING BED with MICROWAVE & FRIDGE. I felt safer staying on the front i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ty S

Thank you so much for the nice review. I will be sure to tell Rebecca that she did a great job. I also want to thank you for posting the pictures. It helps other guest see the rooms and make an informed decision.

I am so glad that you enjoyed the updated rooms. The superior king room is nice and we have added 36 HD TV stations to enjoy on that 37 inch flat screen tv.

I have worked here for over 25 years and feel perfectly safe. I know as a woman traveling alone that is one of your top priorities when choosing a hotel to stay in. The next time you stay with us you can request a room near the lobby.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The entrance to the hotel is barely visible and the staff didn't even make suggestions or be kind even to offer water.

Other than that its kinda ok for the price.

I only called once for more towels and they were dropped off right away.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you taking the time to write a review. I know that our entrance can be a little tricky. We are very visible as you are exiting the expressway but it is hard to tell where to turn next. After you come off the exit you would turn left at Bishop Lane and then left at the first access road next to the Speedway gas station and then follow the little road on back to us. There is a small sign just before the Speedway on the street sign that says Red Roof Inn Pl.

I hope you will come back to see us now that you know where we are located.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have stayed here in the past and I am never disappointed. Rebecca always has my paper work and key ready. Kelli has a big smile and always ask about my stay. The rooms are very clean. I usually stay in a superior king room. I can sit at the desk do my work and watch a good movie. You can never go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: I like the backside of the building.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the very nice review. I will be sure to tell Rebecca and Kelli about your review. They really enjoy their jobs and getting to meet new people every day. They try to make people feel welcomed and secure.

I am glad you enjoy the superior king rooms. Having the microfridge, iron, blow dryer and coffee maker along with the large work area makes it convenient and comfortable.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Super clean. Stayed 3 nites, staff keeps rooms super clean. Will definitely stay there next visit. Close to everything Louisville. Found it thru trip advisor and was not disappointed. Thanks Mari and Maria.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a nice review. I will be sure to tell Mari and Maria how much you appreciated the nice clean rooms.

I hope you were able to explore the city and see some of the sights like Churchill Downs and the Belle of Louisville. We have some really interesting and unique restaurants just one exit east of the hotel like Ramsi's and The Uptown Café. The front desk staff always has a list of restaurants available with addresses and phone numbers.

Please visit again soon.