“Run Away!”

Ranked #89 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
A TripAdvisor Member
“Run Away!”
Reviewed 8 August 2003

Do yourself a favor...find another hotel. The "room" was tiny and, even after a half a can of lysol sprayed all over the room, reeked of smoke.
I awoke (after the brief time I was able to actually sleep!) literally feeling dirty. The description given for the hotel is nowhere close...oh, yeah, there IS a microwave. The room was dingy and dark and the bed was like a hammock which, among other reasons, kept us from resting. The other problem came from the man walking up and down the walkway yelling at no one in particular at 4 AM. We reserved for two nights, but after that first night we determined we could not stay another night. Unfortunately, when I went to the front desk, they informed me that they do not offer refunds. I understand why since they certainly get no return business and need to make all they can any way they can get it. We took the loss and went to the Ramada Zorn for $10 more a night and had a wonderful experience. If you're wise, you'll learn from my mistake!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 July 2003

We had to stay in an extended stay environment while we moved, and stayed at this hotel. Since this hotel is a VERY limited-service hotel, the desk was only open during the day, so nobody was there when we stopped by to pick up a key to the room we had reserved--it was locked in a box in front waiting for us. My husband is disabled so we needed an accessible room. The room was so small that he couldn't get to the corner where the phone was at, so whenever I was gone I had to drag the phone somewhere for him to be able to get to it. The bathroom was maybe a bit bigger than a "normal" bathroom in this place, but in his wheelchair he still had trouble manuvering, and the tub was so small/narrow he couldn't use his bath chair to take a shower. The office people would pitch a fit when my husband's service dog would let out one playful "woof" when my husband would play tugga-war with him, but--as I worked nights--if I asked the maintenance people to hold down their shouting as they stood outside our window in the middle of the day, and the office person overheard, they would say "Oh, now they're not being that loud!" (As if they would want to hear all that shouting outside THEIR window in the middle of THEIR night-time snooze!)

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Louisville hotels