“Worth the money”

Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast
Ranked #69 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We wanted a safe area in Louisville to stay. There is a mall across the street and dining options. Don't stay here if you need to be close to the airport or downtown - the property is in the extreme NE part of the city.

Front desk people were great. Breakfast in the morning was excellent. Bacon, eggs, cereal, yogurt, fruit etc.

Room was clean, decent size, quiet, flat screen TV and a mini fridge.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
holidayinnex1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Thank you for your business, hope to see you again , if you come to this area, comment like this makes our day. Thans Again

Rocky Patel
Holiday Inn Express I-265 East

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Clean and comfortable rooms and common areas look like they have been recently renovated (new carpeting). Breakfast area was well cared for and stocked by pleasant woman. Exercise room needed some attention as several machines were not in working order and water had run out but pool area seemed clean and plenty of towels. Newer tv and looked like tub area was new. Towels were actually "fluffy"! Neaby shopping area provided alot of food options for dinner.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2011

It is not often that a hotel treats everyone with such respect and kindness. Everyone from the front desk to the cleaning staff was nothing but kind, friendly, and respectful to all my girls and their families!

Beauty Queens can be somewhat little divas. We are messy, and can forget to take care of our surroundings. Your crew just did the job for us! Thank you on behalf of my staff and the 2012 Mrs Kentucky Delegates!

See you next October!

Jo Ann Peterson, Director
Mrs. Kentucky
mrskentucky1@att.net
www.mrskentucky.net
502.499.8497

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We will be staying here again. Clean, very comfortable rooms, very friendly staff, great pool, great location and wonderful breakfast. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Faith W
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Without going in to the details of what a Holiday Inn Express provides in the USA (see their website for more info), what I can say is it was Exactly what I was looking for in accomodation on the run.
I could not fault it. When I was chatting to the Manager on arrival, he said "Yes - you can't beat them' referring the the chain as a whole and what they provide.
I am a Holiday Inn Express convert now. Make sure to join their Preferred Customer program at the first stay. You get points to use later on.
The free breakfasts are great and you can get a coffee all day usually from the breakfast area, also for free.
There are a few restaurants near the Holiday Inn Express Louisville. I went to the locl Chinese one and got a good meal to take back to my room.
Do not go past this Hotel when in Louisville. Your GPS can find it for you no problem.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2010

My wife and I booked a room at this hotel via for a one night stay. We were forced to cancel the reservation several days in advance of our anticipated arrival. Upon trying to cancel the reservation, we were informed that the confirmation number that we were originally given didn't exist in their system. We were also informed that we were being charged as a no show for a date that we never had a reservation for. Upon trying to get this straightened out with the manager, Aaron Moss, he insisted that we were wrong and that it was impossible that one of his employees had made an error. After contacting the Holiday Inn Guest Relations, Mr. Moss had apparently lied to us and to his corporate office since they found that someone at this hotel had fraudulently used our credit card to make it appear as though we had made the reservation in question. There's plenty of other places to stay. Nobody needs to be treated the way we were.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank endur0
Reviewed 2 May 2010

We ended up at this hotel through a Hotwire purchase when we planned a last minute trip to the KY Derby, and every place within a 50 mile radius of Louisville is gouging you for a room. Our place seemed to be a deal relatively speaking, but it was still way, way overpriced due to the Derby. The hotel was conveniently located near the freeway in a suburban area, that was the best thing about it. The hotel seems newer, or that attempts to update it have been made, but it really shows hard wear and tear. The bad: there was a reddish fruit punch colored stain on the carpet in our room outside the bathroom area. The arms of the desk chair looked like they had been chewed by an animal or a hungry teething child. I take longer showers, and by the time I finished mine and my husband took his the water was lukewarm, not hot. One of the electrical outlets in the room didn't work. We thought the iron was not working until we plugged it in a different outlet and saw that the problem was not the iron itself. There was a man an a woman outside yelling in the middle of our second night who woke both me and my husband up. When we checked out there was trash strewn outside near the entry (paper plates, bottled water packaging). The good: beds were OK, the shower enclosure was newer so taking a shower didn't gross me out, nice large plasma TV, toiletries were decent, mini fridge in the room was super cold and nice to have for holding some drinks. In summary, I wouldn't be afraid to stay here again if it was my only choice, but I'd certainly take time to look for a nearby Hampton Inn instead because for that category/price point of room I think Hampton generally executes a much better experience.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple