“Worst hotel I have EVER stayed at”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Louisville / Airport
Ranked #93 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Champlin, Minnesota
“Worst hotel I have EVER stayed at”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is by far the very worst hotel I have every had the displeasure of staying in.
I agree with the other review - VERY sketchy feeling, drug deals everywhere, nasty, NASTY room. I asked for a non-smoking room, didn't happen. The floors everywhere are gross, they've made attempts to upgrade, but it's going to need a LOT more than paint to fix this place. I walk into my room, get blasted by cigarette smoke smell, the floor has crumbs of some sort on it. I was afraid to take my shoes off. The bathroom floor was disgusting, the toilet wasn't securely bolted to the floor, it moved if you moved. The corners and trim looked like they had NEVER been cleaned, ever. The final straw was the spider crawling out of the sink when I was brushing my teeth. Unfriendly staff the night I checked in. Pleasant staff when I left. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL AT ALL.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

First arriving to this hotel I felt like it was sketchy then coming in the doors where the lobby was looked kind of dirty. Going to the 4th floor where my room was it had this foul odor. Then entering the room, it had an even more awful smell and ten room looked dirty, like it was half clean, and the pillows are flat. My boyfriend lost his key to the room so he went to the front desk and asked for a new key. The person at the front desk gave him a new key without asking for his licenses. Meanwhile after that incident we getting on the elevator this guy asked us if we wanted some drugs. So my experience at this hotel was just horrible. And I do not, I DO NOT recommend anyone staying in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014

Travellers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Reviewed 4 May 2014

When me, my dad, and step mom went to this "crack place of a motel", we checked in for 3 nights said it was only $89.00. But then, they said we owe them 257.00 because of the Durby like we stayed for many nights and we only stayed one night! That piece of crap didn't have any amenities nor breakfast for us. We forgot our iron and they don't have iron nor a board. The wifi just keeps disconnecting when I tried to log in. My advice is not to come to this motel when the durby is in town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Mayfield, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

If your looking for all the extras this place is not for you, but if you are looking for a friendly, cheap, and comfortable place to stay you will not find better for the price.
Downside the place does look a bit old and dated.
Upside the people are friendly, rooms spacious, and everything is functional (unlike another more expensive hotel I stayed at recently that looked nice but was unfriendly and disfunctional).

Room Tip: They do not have a restaurant but there are plenty close by. I do wish they would add a coffee pot...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Barry S
Somerset, Kentucky
Reviewed 13 March 2014

By far the worst hotel I ever stayed in!... Cigarette buttes on the elevator floor. I got a photo of a pile of dirty laundry that was in the hallway for hours. Trash in the corners of the hallway. VERY DIRTY!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank caldervc
Cloquet
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Understanding that this is a very inexpensive hotel we were looking to save some money as we travel to race several times a month (2-3 rooms per stay) After driving through the night (12 Hours) We wanted a hot shower and a nap. the lobby looks as though it is going under renos but looked clean. The front desk clerk was fast and helpful. We arrived at our room which looked ok ... Here is were the fun begins the sheets blankets and comforters on both beds had holes and NO hot water ? Went racing came back @ 7pm. the lobby was full of hang arounds (people just hanging out for lack of something better to do) The entire 2nd floor smelled like marijuana ?! No smell in the rooms of the 2 rooms we had only one had a remote for the tv but didn't even work ... still no hot water called several times to lobby no answer. Off to the races early next morning back @ 7pm. Upon entering the lobby again with the hang arounds except this time a pregnant lady was sitting/ lying on the front desk. Hallway and elevator smelled worse but it's our last night and we have a very early start Sunday plus the drive home. In the room I was in only 1 of the beds was made ? Same with other room ??? 5:30am wake-up Hot water at last ! Left to go do what we came to do. Will never stay at that hotel again and will probably never stay at the Chain because of it ! This hotel make the one that keeps it's light on look like a palace ! ! !

Room Tip: Go elsewhere drugs are rampant here !
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Richard F
Greeneville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I should have realized something when the receipt said "No Refund after the first 30 minutes". It was cheap, but that was the only good part. The outside grounds had dog poop everywhere. The staff smoked at the front door so I had to walk through that nastiness each time I came/went. There were some "shady" people always hanging around the parking lot. People were up all night yelling, running through the hallways, and revving engines up outside. Then there was the room itself!!! The bathroom had rust and bad spots everywhere; the toilet was loose from the floor so it rocked when I sat on it. My kids were scared to take a shower in there. The towels/washcloths (they only left 2 for 4 people) were very thin and rough. The worst part was the supposed air conditioner/heating unit in the room. It never stayed regulated: it was either really, stuffy hot or freezing cold. And just about the time sleep finally came, the compressor would kick on the unit and it sounded like a sick chainsaw. My husband says he learned an important lesson about all of this (besides you get what you pay for): read the reviews first!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business