“Been in Better Dumps Overseas”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Louisville / Airport
Ranked #93 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Been in Better Dumps Overseas”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Although it is by I-264 good luck finding it after dark. First room (non-smoking) was covered was ashes. Second room had what looked like lung butter coughed up on the bed spread. The clerk was very nice and gave me a full refund and I drove 15 miles out of my way to stay at a Quality Inn.

Room Tip: Stay at the landfill south of the airport.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank twizzler2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I made the mistake of staying at this hotel by myself for three nights in May, 2014 to attend the Indy 500 in Indianapolis. I made the bigger mistake of not checking the reviews before making the reservation. I have NEVER stayed in a hotel this filthy nor have I stayed in a hotel in any city where it felt like I was in a Section 8 housing facility for low income people. The hallway carpets
hadn't been shampooed in a long time, the odor in the room smelled of mildew, and I dared not walk bare foot on the carpet. I had to put down a towel in the bathtub (no bath mat) before showering because the tub was gross. The room was "cleaned" once during the three nights. The a/c did work and the "clients" were generally friendly but this is no place for any traveler to stay. Americas Best Value owners should be ashamed this hotel is part of their chain. The internet site is incredibly deceiving as to its actual condition.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank 45royh

Travellers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Champlin, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is by far the very worst hotel I have every had the displeasure of staying in.
I agree with the other review - VERY sketchy feeling, drug deals everywhere, nasty, NASTY room. I asked for a non-smoking room, didn't happen. The floors everywhere are gross, they've made attempts to upgrade, but it's going to need a LOT more than paint to fix this place. I walk into my room, get blasted by cigarette smoke smell, the floor has crumbs of some sort on it. I was afraid to take my shoes off. The bathroom floor was disgusting, the toilet wasn't securely bolted to the floor, it moved if you moved. The corners and trim looked like they had NEVER been cleaned, ever. The final straw was the spider crawling out of the sink when I was brushing my teeth. Unfriendly staff the night I checked in. Pleasant staff when I left. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL AT ALL.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

First arriving to this hotel I felt like it was sketchy then coming in the doors where the lobby was looked kind of dirty. Going to the 4th floor where my room was it had this foul odor. Then entering the room, it had an even more awful smell and ten room looked dirty, like it was half clean, and the pillows are flat. My boyfriend lost his key to the room so he went to the front desk and asked for a new key. The person at the front desk gave him a new key without asking for his licenses. Meanwhile after that incident we getting on the elevator this guy asked us if we wanted some drugs. So my experience at this hotel was just horrible. And I do not, I DO NOT recommend anyone staying in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 4 May 2014

When me, my dad, and step mom went to this "crack place of a motel", we checked in for 3 nights said it was only $89.00. But then, they said we owe them 257.00 because of the Durby like we stayed for many nights and we only stayed one night! That piece of crap didn't have any amenities nor breakfast for us. We forgot our iron and they don't have iron nor a board. The wifi just keeps disconnecting when I tried to log in. My advice is not to come to this motel when the durby is in town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Mayfield, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

If your looking for all the extras this place is not for you, but if you are looking for a friendly, cheap, and comfortable place to stay you will not find better for the price.
Downside the place does look a bit old and dated.
Upside the people are friendly, rooms spacious, and everything is functional (unlike another more expensive hotel I stayed at recently that looked nice but was unfriendly and disfunctional).

Room Tip: They do not have a restaurant but there are plenty close by. I do wish they would add a coffee pot...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Barry S
Somerset, Kentucky
Reviewed 13 March 2014

By far the worst hotel I ever stayed in!... Cigarette buttes on the elevator floor. I got a photo of a pile of dirty laundry that was in the hallway for hours. Trash in the corners of the hallway. VERY DIRTY!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business