“Stayed one night, but I was impressed!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Louisville Airport

Courtyard Louisville Airport
Ranked #42 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Dayton, Ohio
“Stayed one night, but I was impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I wanted to make a point of leaving a review on this hotel, because even though I only stayed one evening, it was a great stay! This past weekend I ran in the Louisville Half Marathon and drove from Dayton, OH so I need one overnight stay somewhere since the race was at 7:30 am (I live 3 hours away!). A girl I ran the race with actually found and booked this hotel months ago. I must admit, I was nervous of what the conditions of this hotel were going to be like, because it was so affordable and only about a 10-15 minute drive (depending on traffic) from downtown. Approaching the hotel from one side of the street there are a couple not-so-pleasant looking hotels prior to this one, so I was so nervous as we drove up that we were staying at a dump with bedbugs. BOY WAS I SURPRISED and THRILLED when we pulled up. The hotel has nice curb appeal, ample parking and lighting. I knew immediately this was going to be a nice place to stay for one night. The check in receptionist was extremely friendly and informative when we checked in. She notified us there was a "balloon glow" that evening right next to the hotel, told us where restaurants were and overall was just a really sweet and friendly person. Our room was nice, clean and comfortable. The beds were comfy with nice sheets and pillows. They even have a mini market in the hotel for little items you may need to purchase or snacks, plus a nice little diner/bar. After our race the next morning, we didn't get back until a little after 11:30 and checkout was at noon (which is a nice late check out time as it is), the problem was we all wanted to shower (there were 3 of us) after running 13 miles, we didn't want to take the 3 hour car ride home dirty. So we nervously asked the receptionist if we could have until 1:00 to check out so we could shower. Without hesitation she said "SURE, NO PROBLEM!" and said she would notify housekeeping! They were more than accommodating and I would absolutely recomment this hotel to anyone. It's an amazing value for the price!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alecia F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

This hotel was clean, spacious, with very polite and friendly staff. The hotel is very quiet. It is located near the airport but there was no noise. The bed was comfortable, the shower was good, the wireless was great and the room had enough lamps to make it bright. There was no microwave or fridge in the room but there was a coffee maker. There is no free breakfast or free coffee in the lobby. I had a huge breakfast with a large starbucks coffee for about $12. It was fast, they whip it up like in 5 min.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pmmom
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here before we flew out of Louisville to attend the Final Four in New Orleans. The hotel is very close to the airport (about 5 minutes by shuttle which the hotel provides at no charge). We did the "stay and park" option. The hotel is very clean and the food was very good. The staff was friendly and cordial even though we were UK fans and they were Cardinal fans. I would recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank derbycityvisitor
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

After spending almost 1/4 of last year living in Marriott Hotels across the US, I finally achieved Platnium status on my Marriott Rewards card. This was to be my first experience as a Platnium member.

I arrived at the hotel and had to wait for 3 other people in front of me.. Ok.. they were busy, no problem

The desk clerk welcomed me and I identified myself with my Rewards Card and information. She didn't say anything about the rewards club and just assigned me a room. I asked if there were any upgrades available and she immeadiately said no. (Although the hotel was barely filled).
She did present me with my rewards member gift... a cheap bottle of water. That's it... After all my persistance in staying in the Marriot brand hotels. (Even after all my peers said that there were better hotels) My big and only reward was a cheap --not even a decent bottle of water.? What a slap in the face. I got so much better recognition for being a lower member at Holiday Inn Hotels.
To top it off, the room was only fair. The internet was slow, the bath room was a closet. No refridge or Microwave, No free meals, the meals I did eat here were outragiously expensive, and the one thing I can't understand is why anyone would design a pool with a huge window to the lobby. Who wants to swim with all these people gawking at you?
I am extremely disappointed in Marriott and I may not stay in this brand again.

Room Tip: You usually get what you get. If you try to get a better room they would probably lie and tell you i...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Russ H
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Arrived totally lost to SDF. The staff proactively sent a shuttle for me. Free fast internet, both wired and wireless. the hotel room was immaculate and well thought out design. I think it's a waste when the showers don't clearly indicate which way is hot. The faucet was clearly labeled. Staff was cheerful and ordering breakfast was free, hot and much better than the standard continental normally offered. Fruit was fresh. Exercise room clean, latest equipment and open 24.7 Staff was exceptionally, proactive, helpful and cheerful. All of them took the time to go the extra mile to accommodate my stay. I enjoyed my stay here much better than two of some well know Vegas resorts I stayed at last week

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
uofl91, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is our goal to exceed our guests' expectations, and we are so pleased that we were able to add to your experience in Louisville. I feel very fortunate to have a staff that is so dedicated to serving our guests and have celebrated your recognition with them. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Tommy Smith
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

This Marriott has been renovated and has a very modern style in the common areas around the main lobby. Though the hotel is close to the airport the air traffic is not that bad.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Middletown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

You can really only say positives about any Courtyard you stay in. Less than a mile from the airport which really helped us out. Cleanliness all around and awesome beds. The Bistro is also a great touch. Wish we could of stayed for breakfast. This will be our #1 choice when we come to Louisville, which is often.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family