“Very good hotel and great location”

Courtyard Louisville Airport
Ranked #44 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Plainfield, Indiana
“Very good hotel and great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

We have stayed here before and still impressed. The check-in was easy, the room very clean and then the shuttle service to the convention center was so helpful. They delivered us to the front doors of Freedom Hall where we attended the National Quartet Convention.

The buffet breakfast was great and we were not hungry for a good while after that.

I definitely recommend this hotel and the staff there.

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor with a king bed.....very good.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Nolensville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Staff was very friendly and helpful, entire facility was very clean, the room was well sized and appointed, good food and drink selections were appreciated, wireless internet was easy to use and fast.

Room Tip: Avoid the side by the airport
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

Upon arrival, the young gentelman at the front desk was great! He was very accomdating, friendly and extremely helpful. We got to our room and it was so clean (just what we expect from the Marriott family)! Later that evening we wanted to eat and asked the young man at the font desk where the locals eat, he told us and gave us terrific directions. The hotel in general was very clean, updated, and comfortable! I would reccomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor, great view and quiet!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank OK_Rancher
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Don't stay here unless they assure you the construction behind the hotel is complete. I stayed here for the July 2012 Kentucky Bar Exam, and was unable to get much sleep because the huge fairground parking lot behind the hotel is being re-paved. That means dump trucks, back-up beeping, and loud crashing from 2AM - 6AM. Even sleeping with earplugs didn't help.

Don't do it! Not worth the money AT ALL.

Room Tip: If there are no other rooms in your price range, request one with a window facing out toward the roa...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Andrea T, Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Louisville, it is our hope that your experience up to the point of the nighttime construction was beyond your expectations.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the noise level during the evening hours as it was unfortunately beyond our control. We do hope that you did well on your bar exam and it is our sincere hope that this sole incident will not deter you from choosing our hotel again should your travels bring you back to Louisville.
charlotte
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Its not like you dont know what youre getting when you book a Courtyard, and this one is no exception. The good news is that it has been completely updated---the reception area is bright, clean, inviting. The rooms have new bright colors, comfy furnishings & lots of light for tasking or just lounging. The only opportunity I see is that the bath linens could use an updating as well---washcloths & bath towels are considerably on the thin side & couldn't remotely be described as "plush." But overall, the staff is friendly, the accomodations are satisfactory, and I'll stay there again. Oh, and fabulous central location!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

On this recent trip I stayed at three Marriott properties - two Courtyards and one Fairfield Inn. To say that this location was the worst would be an understatement. It really did not live up to my expectations of a Courtyard, and frankly, Marriott should be embarrassed to have their name attached to it. Granted my experience could be an isolated incident, but it was my real experience, so that is all I have to go on for a review. I pulled in after a long day of driving, looking for a peaceful night sleep and was greeted by a huge family having a cookout/BBQ in the parking lot in front of the hotel (grill, lawn chairs, corn hole, etc.) Now I have no problem with that in a backyard, but it really cheapened the experience when that was the first thing you see when checking in.
Then when I came into the hotel, I heard a roar of loud voices and screaming (I later discovered what appeared to be another family of probably 20+ overtaking and crowding the pool area). The front desk associate was on the phone when I entered and she gave me a mediocre greeting. I asked if she knew about the people having a BBQ outside in the parking lot and she just said "oh well, there are worse things they could be doing!" So sensing she was not getting my point, I got my room key and went up to the 6th Floor. What I dealt with the rest of the night (until about 11:30PM) were people (mostly kids) in wet bathing suits and bare feet seemingly running rampant throughout the hotel and particularly down the 6th floor hallway past my door. I actually had planned to eat at the Bistro, but the experience was so obnoxious I actually left to go eat somewhere, just to get out of the hotel.
When the constant thumping of running feet outside my door and loud talking became too much (at 11:30PM, I actually called the front desk and complained, which I have never had to do at a hotel). I seriously felt like I was staying at a budget motel, not a Courtyard Marriott. When I checked out I expected the front desk to ask me how my stay was and I was prepared to give an honest answer. But he just took my key and asked if I got the bill under the door and that was it. It was probably better off that way because he would not have liked the answer.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Nicholas H
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

Rooms were very spacious. Had to get a business document scanned and e-mailed and it was near midnight and the staff didn't hesitate to help me get to a scanner and get the documents finished. fast and easy check in and the rooms were very clean and spacious. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The King suite is awesome....
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business