“A good stay for business”

Courtyard Louisville Airport
Ranked #42 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Dallas, Texas
“A good stay for business”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I'm not a fan of airport hotels but this Courtyard did a good job during my two-night stay on business and it served my purposes. It was very comfortable and I had no complaints. They have a small restaurant (bistro) and bar that is very convenient and they serve good coffee (Starbucks).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
I am glad that you chose to stay with us and thrilled that you enjoyed your experience! Thank you for choosing Courtyard Louisville Airport, we appreciate the feedback! We hope to see you back on a future trip to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was in Kentucky over the weekend to do some Civil War sightseeing. I didn't want to drive all the way back home to Indianapolis after a day of battlefield hiking, so Louisville was the obvious choice to spend the night. This Courtyard is perfectly located south of downtown. Although it is very close to the airport, the hotel was quiet and I got a very comfortable sleep. The lobby is very spacious with very comforting tones. The girls at the front desk were very attentive and showed a genuine interest in wanting to make sure I enjoyed my stay. I appreciated the offer of the shuttle van to take me to a nearby restaurant. My stay was brief and I didn't use all of the hotel's amenities, but felt it was a solid Courtyard performer. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad that our Courtyard was part of a great leisure experience! We hope to see you again on a future trip to or through Louisville!
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The staff was excellent. The manager over heard me complain about my room location and proactively contacted me via email during the day and offered to move me. The staff moved all my belongings into another room. That kind of service is getting more rare. Location is good-Right next to airport. Not a lot of restaurant choices close by, so drive downtown, it's worth the drive.

Room Tip: A few "deluxe" rooms that offer a bit more space, they can upgrade you if you have status
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Courtyard Louisville! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and I'm glad that all turned out well with your stay.

We hope to see you back on your next trip to the Derby City!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Facility-wise, this property isn't lacking - there's a bar, a "bistro" that serves hot breakfast, sandwiches and other snacks, a 24-hour market/pantry, free Starbucks coffee in the lobby in the a.m., an indoor pool and hot tub. The towels and bedding are good quality as are the toiletry items. That's about the end of the pros for this hotel. The staff received us (and served us at the bar) with a just-the-minimum type of interaction. "Here's your key, I have to take this call" was our check in experience. "Yeah, that's a popular one" was the extent of our interaction with the bartender. Whew, unless you've got an expense account, buy your liquor at the store - we paid $13 for a Maker's Mark single shot. The room's decor was rust and gold (with the Louisville-required photos of horse-related subjects adorning the walls); that color scheme reminded me of McDonald's and of a doctor's office circa 1978 and made the bathroom seem dark, even with the fluorescent light on. Housekeeping did a decent job (except for the floors - the closet had not been vacuumed when we arrived and my socks got dirty walking on the carpet. Gross.). The indoor pool area was occupied by ants swarming some spilled potato chips. A pizza box sat on the floor of the ice machine and vending area for our entire three night stay. No, we won't be back and cannot recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I am so sorry that we did not provide the level of service that you have come to know and expect from the Marriott name. Our goal is to provide an exceptional guest experience for every guest that stays at the Courtyard Louisville. Your feedback serves as an invaluable tool in allowing us to improve each guest's experience, please know that I have shared this with the team to ensure that this happens.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to show you what our team is truely capable of, and again, please accept my apologies for our shortfall.

I sincerely hope that this experience does not affect your decision to choose Courtyard by Marriott again in the future.
New Harmony, Indiana
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Good location for airport access, Churchill Downs, Papa John Stadium, and Kentucky Expo Center. Hotel itself is average in every way. Adequate for an overnight. Nothing memorable... good or bad. Breakfast and Bar area is only open during a few hours in morning and then in evening. Would be nice to have more access to food and beverage. General area around the hotel is bland. Just a street with traveler oriented hotels. No restaurants, coffee shops, or shopping.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to provide an experience that leaves a great lasting imression and desire to return. I apologize for our shortfall in this area during your stay. While the Courtyard Bistro is open for breakfast and dinner, we also keep our shuttle van at the ready to escort guests to a nearby restaurant for lunch, or any meal.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back again in the future!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We picked this hotel given the proximity to Churchill Downs. They provided a shuttle to/from the racetrack which was great in the pouring rain. The staff was very friendly and the room was great for a family of four!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back againsoon!

Thank you for choosing Courtyard during your visit to the Derby City!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The location is near Churchill Downs and University of Louisville, but GPS had difficulty identifying the right connector road "Phillips" not "Ashley" off of Crittenden road.

Staff were friendly, but appeared unorganized, had difficulty checking in paying by cash. Also received a confusing check-out bill that was actually a cash register breakdown on other receipts, so be alert and check for accuracy. Beds were very comfortable. Room and bathroom was small, but clean. The pool and hot-tub were both small - maximum of only five in pool, and shallow as well. Asked staff for more towels in pool area - staffer dropped off one towel for a four shelf unit! Pool listed as available at 6am-11pm, but "routine" maintenance kept it closed until 9am. No complementary breakfast, and the small dining service was slow and expensive - regular breakfast start at $10, a muffin for $2.75. I'd suggest this hotel as a place to sleep, but offers iittle for an extended stay.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor, too much other activity. Elevators seemed slow, so our second floor room a good...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard - Louisville Airport, and for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry about the troubles experienced with billing and the restaurant. Your feedback is invaluable and offers us an opportunity to continue to improve and reach our goal of providing an amazing experience for each of our guests. We hope that you will return and are confident that you will find an experience that exceeds your expectations.

Thanks again for Staying with us!