“Dirty, Un-professional, and will never stay again!”

Courtyard Louisville Airport
Ranked #52 of 99 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 22 September 2013

When I first arrived the guest service representative was rude. She did not explain anything regarding the hotel and the amenities. She stood there with gum in her mouth chewing like a cow and threw our keys at us. Later I came down and another lady was a little more pleasant, but still rude. I asked about local eateries and activities, and they told me they did not know and told me to look at the pamphlets.
The room was gross. The sink and the tub were slimy, and had rust in the corners and throughout the bath tub. The room smelled like must/mold. The bed was NOT comfortable in the least! I asked to get switched to another room, and was told I could not do that because the members that had more precedence.
The food we ordered during the evening was cold and seems to be sitting for awhile before served to us. We asked if we could get another hot dish at no cost since the food we first received was cold, but told was told "No, you have to pay for anything you order." SERIOUSLY?
The housekeepers that were cleaning our floor were blaring loud music at 9:30 am, and I was not happy given I had a long night of meetings and wanted to sleep in a little later than usual. They were speaking profanities and talking about adult activities outside of work that I did not care to know about or hear for that matter.
My business will be informed of this and we will NEVER do business with this hotel again! VERY unprofessional for being in the hospitality industry.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Livethelifeyoul... r
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

I am very sorry that we were not able to provide an experience that exceeded your expectations. I am interested in obtaining a few more details so that I may utilize your feedback to help improve future guest experiences. I can be reached by telephone at the hotel. We appreciate the feedback and hope that you may give us another opportunity in the future to show you the excellent service that we expect to provide for every guest.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This location is a basic courtyard with minimal upgrades. It has the new bistro style eatery and the smart board in the lobby. Otherwise, the rooms are old in style and furnishings. The amenities are limited and the bed itself is semi comfortable. I would only stay here for one night and if I need to be near the airport. I have to admit , I have stayed in many courtyards across the country, and this one was the most underwhelming. Some what disappointing!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay. While our amenities are limited when compared to a full service property, we do expect to convey a convenient and caring approach based in cleanliness and friendliness. I hope that your interactions with the team were positive and that you may choose to stay with us again so we can provide the excellent experience that our guests come to know and love.

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because my son had an early flight at louisville airport. This was a nice hotel. The rooms were large enough and beds comfy. Water pressure from shower was good as well. There was a nice sitting area outside, where I could relax and enjoy the night breeze. Staff was friendly and the hotel was very clean. The best part was that we were about 3 minutes from the airport. The only negative is that unless you want to eat at the pricey bistro in the hotel, you have to drive a few miles for a good restaurant. The bright side is that there are an incredible amount of eateries within 10 miles. We will definitely stay here again if we need the airport!

• Stayed: September 2013
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay in Louisville! We do have a lot of great restaurants in the area and if you find yourself back in Louisville and without a ride, we're glad to offer our shuttle van. Thanks again!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Everything at this hotel is excellent. Clean, bright, comfy beds great caring staff & more. They were at max capacity for the Kentucky State Fair but everyone was pleasant & professional despite the hectic week. Will stay here again without hesitation!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing! We love our guests, and I'm glad that you chose to stay with us! We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

My corp HQ is in Louisville and I decided to stay close to the airport this trip, as I was flying out early!
I was glad I picked here!
REALLY really nice! Great staff and courteous from minute one!
The thing I look at is sincerity! And they have it!
I was treated great and the room was really nice!
Even asked for extra pillows and they came RIGHT AWAY!
The little eatery there is cool! Enjoyed it too!
Thank you for a good stay!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. Our team is always excited to see the results of their hard work and I will definitely share this with them. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I'm not a fan of airport hotels but this Courtyard did a good job during my two-night stay on business and it served my purposes. It was very comfortable and I had no complaints. They have a small restaurant (bistro) and bar that is very convenient and they serve good coffee (Starbucks).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

I am glad that you chose to stay with us and thrilled that you enjoyed your experience! Thank you for choosing Courtyard Louisville Airport, we appreciate the feedback! We hope to see you back on a future trip to the area.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was in Kentucky over the weekend to do some Civil War sightseeing. I didn't want to drive all the way back home to Indianapolis after a day of battlefield hiking, so Louisville was the obvious choice to spend the night. This Courtyard is perfectly located south of downtown. Although it is very close to the airport, the hotel was quiet and I got a very comfortable sleep. The lobby is very spacious with very comforting tones. The girls at the front desk were very attentive and showed a genuine interest in wanting to make sure I enjoyed my stay. I appreciated the offer of the shuttle van to take me to a nearby restaurant. My stay was brief and I didn't use all of the hotel's amenities, but felt it was a solid Courtyard performer. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad that our Courtyard was part of a great leisure experience! We hope to see you again on a future trip to or through Louisville!