“VERY close to airport”

Ranked #44 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
Mesa, Arizona
“VERY close to airport”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My pleasant stay here actually started before I arrived, while speaking to Michael Glass, General manager. I called to verify my stay because the company booked my trip and I needed to add an additional day, but that one needed to be at my cost. He was very helpful in making that work out and left a note in my file for the day I arrived. He also told me when I arrived at the airport I could call the hotel and they would send a shuttle right away. He was not kidding. I arrived to the freezing weather and I don't think I stood outside waiting more than 4 minutes, literally! It was fantastic.
When I arrived, the young man who checked me in (Evan) was aware of the situation and made sure to put me in a room where I would not have to physically check out and move once the reservation changed to the company. He was very polite and made sure I had everything I needed. I had plans to go to the Louisville Slugger Museum the next day and he suggested a cab.
The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. There was free high speed internet which is always a great bonus. It worked well, which doesn't always happen.
When I came down the next morning to go to the museum, Nicole, at the front desk offered to call me a cab. She then wrote down the number to two cabs for my return trip. She was so friendly and made sure I had what I needed. Each time I saw her after that she always said hello and asked how I was doing.
From that point on I was there for business so I was out most of the day. The front desk provided the shuttle to take us to the restaurant at the Crowne Plaza when it was bitter cold outside. We were a large group so that was very nice.
My only complaints (and they really couldn't be helped) is that there is no restaurant per say. There was a bistro where sandwiches and soup could be gotten, but no real restaurant. I tried the bistro one night but wasn't really impressed with it. My other complaint was that the price I paid for the one night that wasn't business was a little high for just the room. I was not given the price I paid for the business nights, which I think could have been done.
In any event, a very pleasant hotel with super friendly staff. Kudos to you and your staff, Mr. Glass!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your kind comments. We were happy to have you staying with us and hope to see you back again on a return trip to Louisville!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Peoria
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed here for one night after being diverted to Louisville during the recent winter storm. I chose this location solely based on the reviews on Tripadvisor, so here's mine to add to the collection. This hotel proved to be a very good choice. It is located literally one minute from the airport. Yes, there is a small amount of airplane noise but not too bad. The staff is incredibly friendly and the hotel is spotless. Access to drinks and breakfast for an additional cost. There are not any walk-able restaurants nearby, but the staff will shuttle you, no problem. If you are looking for a pleasant stay for a few days, this hotel hits the mark.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Travel G
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for the great review! We are happy that you chose to stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to share. We hope that your next trip to Louisville will be intentional and that you will come back and see us!
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Literally 2 minutes from airport and free 7 nights to leave our car. Shuttle extremely prompt upon our arrival back and very nice man..I think his name was Don. Clean room, nice TV. I would have given it a 5 for this type of hotel except no free breakfast like Comfort Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We do understand that many other hotel brands charge breakfast as part of the room rate. Courtyard has decided to offer guests the option to have breakfast with us rather than factoring it into the guest's room rate. We have a variety of options and price points to choose from as well as proudly serving Starbucks coffee. We hope to see you again on a return trip to Louisville!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Hotel is an average Courtyard compared to others. However the proximity to the airport could be a problem for you if you are a sensitive sleeper. The UPS hub is located in Louisville and UPS runs throughout the night. Good location if you need to be by the airport or Kentucky Fair Grounds.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. We are indeed an airport property and we believe we have a fantastic location. If we have any indication that a guest may be a light sleeper we will try to place them on a lower floor to help reduce noise. We also keep a stock of earplugs if needed. I hope that your rest was not too disrupted and we hope to see you back on a return trip to Louisville.
Parshall, North Dakota
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We had a great stay. Shuttle service took us to where we wanted to go nearby. Meals at the bistro were delicious. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Only downside was not many restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback! I will be sure to share with our entire team. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you back on a return trip to the Derby City!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 November 2013

A very clean hotel. Staff was very courteous and always smiling. I did not use any of the amenities because I wanted to see the city and environs but they were there if I really needed them. Very convenient to the Standiford Airport and plus there's an in house shuttle if needed. I did not know that when I booked my reservation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for staying with us and for taking a moment to share your feedback. We do our best to provide everything a guest could need for their stay in a convenient setting and at a good value. I will certainly look for additional ways to ensure guests know about our shuttle service. Happy holidays and we hope to see you back on a return trip!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Very excited to visit the Louisville area and was super excited about staying at the Courtyard. When my family & I checked in, our keys wouldn't work. I went to the front desk to get the keys reactivated while my husband stayed with our luggage at our room door. But when I got back, my husband said he heard the tv on in the room. We knocked on the door but no one responded. We unlocked the door and we immediately saw someone's personal belongings scattered throughout the room. We quickly closed the door and returned to the front desk, again.
We explained what had happened to the attendant. She profusely apologized for the mistake and explained what had happened. She even offered us free breakfast for the next morning. I was satisfied overall with our stay but seeing how easily we were able to access someone else's room, was a little eye-opening. , I'd have a hard time recommending staying there to a friend. :-(

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Angel B
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us! I am so sorry to hear about the rocky start to your experience. On behalf of our entire team, please accept our apologies for this mistake. I am glad that the remainder of your stay went well and I hope that you would allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.