“Are you kidding?”

Courtyard Louisville Airport
Ranked #46 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Okay, when people ask me where I'm from I tell them the Marriott hotel. This is my first review but not my last. When I walked into the hotel lobby I felt like I just walked into a greasy dinner. Someone burnt the cooking oil and it stinks.
I booked the hotel close to the airport confident it would be quiet. Most modern hotels block out the sounds from the airport. Well what a mistake. Not only is it loud the UPS flights have been leaving all night long what a mistake.
The room is clean however the sink and the bathtub do not drain. The walls are so thin you can hear water running all the time not to mention your neighbors television.
Next time I'm checking the trip advisor for reviews.

Room Tip: Not sure if this will help but ask to stay away from the airport side. The windows do not block out...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank m m
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide each guest with an experience that exceeds expectations in every way. I will certainly use this feedback to follow up with our Bistro team. Also, we understand that occasional noise does result from our convenient airport location. I hope that all other aspects of your stay were great and hope that you may give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Louisville Airport

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

If you enjoy hearing the adjoining room's conversations until the wee hours of the morning...stay here!
If you love the sound of UPS jets taking off through the night, stay here!
If you are a rewards client and love being put in a room across from elevator and ice machine, stay here!
If you think that a $12 salad and $3 bottle of water are bargains, stay here!
If a clogged shower drain is how you wish to start your day, stay here!
$171 will get you all of these amenities plus a night of interrupted sleep.

• Stayed: February 2014
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm so sorry about the distractions that kept you from an enjoyable stay that exceeded your expectations. The noise and pricing are items that our team will discuss to find the best way to exceed expectations for all guests. I have also ensured that engineering has corrected the issue in the guestroom. While this may not have been the best stay, we hope that you would return so that we may show you the experience that the Courtyard by Marriott is truly capable of.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

My pleasant stay here actually started before I arrived, while speaking to Michael Glass, General manager. I called to verify my stay because the company booked my trip and I needed to add an additional day, but that one needed to be at my cost. He was very helpful in making that work out and left a note in my file for the day I arrived. He also told me when I arrived at the airport I could call the hotel and they would send a shuttle right away. He was not kidding. I arrived to the freezing weather and I don't think I stood outside waiting more than 4 minutes, literally! It was fantastic.
When I arrived, the young man who checked me in (Evan) was aware of the situation and made sure to put me in a room where I would not have to physically check out and move once the reservation changed to the company. He was very polite and made sure I had everything I needed. I had plans to go to the Louisville Slugger Museum the next day and he suggested a cab.
The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. There was free high speed internet which is always a great bonus. It worked well, which doesn't always happen.
When I came down the next morning to go to the museum, Nicole, at the front desk offered to call me a cab. She then wrote down the number to two cabs for my return trip. She was so friendly and made sure I had what I needed. Each time I saw her after that she always said hello and asked how I was doing.
From that point on I was there for business so I was out most of the day. The front desk provided the shuttle to take us to the restaurant at the Crowne Plaza when it was bitter cold outside. We were a large group so that was very nice.
My only complaints (and they really couldn't be helped) is that there is no restaurant per say. There was a bistro where sandwiches and soup could be gotten, but no real restaurant. I tried the bistro one night but wasn't really impressed with it. My other complaint was that the price I paid for the one night that wasn't business was a little high for just the room. I was not given the price I paid for the business nights, which I think could have been done.
In any event, a very pleasant hotel with super friendly staff. Kudos to you and your staff, Mr. Glass!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your kind comments. We were happy to have you staying with us and hope to see you back again on a return trip to Louisville!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed here for one night after being diverted to Louisville during the recent winter storm. I chose this location solely based on the reviews on Tripadvisor, so here's mine to add to the collection. This hotel proved to be a very good choice. It is located literally one minute from the airport. Yes, there is a small amount of airplane noise but not too bad. The staff is incredibly friendly and the hotel is spotless. Access to drinks and breakfast for an additional cost. There are not any walk-able restaurants nearby, but the staff will shuttle you, no problem. If you are looking for a pleasant stay for a few days, this hotel hits the mark.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel G
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for the great review! We are happy that you chose to stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to share. We hope that your next trip to Louisville will be intentional and that you will come back and see us!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Literally 2 minutes from airport and free 7 nights to leave our car. Shuttle extremely prompt upon our arrival back and very nice man..I think his name was Don. Clean room, nice TV. I would have given it a 5 for this type of hotel except no free breakfast like Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We do understand that many other hotel brands charge breakfast as part of the room rate. Courtyard has decided to offer guests the option to have breakfast with us rather than factoring it into the guest's room rate. We have a variety of options and price points to choose from as well as proudly serving Starbucks coffee. We hope to see you again on a return trip to Louisville!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Hotel is an average Courtyard compared to others. However the proximity to the airport could be a problem for you if you are a sensitive sleeper. The UPS hub is located in Louisville and UPS runs throughout the night. Good location if you need to be by the airport or Kentucky Fair Grounds.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. We are indeed an airport property and we believe we have a fantastic location. If we have any indication that a guest may be a light sleeper we will try to place them on a lower floor to help reduce noise. We also keep a stock of earplugs if needed. I hope that your rest was not too disrupted and we hope to see you back on a return trip to Louisville.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We had a great stay. Shuttle service took us to where we wanted to go nearby. Meals at the bistro were delicious. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Only downside was not many restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback! I will be sure to share with our entire team. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you back on a return trip to the Derby City!